Daydreamers

Posted by Acolyte 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Daydreamers
July 24, 2004 01:34AM
Hey, just ran across some info on the Daydreamers comic. I'm guessing it was a mini-series, and the cast was Artie, Leech, Franklin Richards, Howard the Duck, Man-Thing, and some alien/robot/something or other that Artie & Leech found.
My question is: what was the alien/robot?
Name, backstory, significant info, esp. powers/abilities, and of course stats (because you can never have enough stats)
Appreciate any help. Thanks, all.
Re: Daydreamers
July 24, 2004 07:40AM
H.E.R.B.I.E.?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
July 25, 2004 12:29AM
Nah, some bipedal little 'bot. Red and gold, maybe, and possibly female. Kinda sketchy on remembering.
H.E.R.B.I.E. did rock the house, though.
Screw Dr. Sun.
July 25, 2004 12:45AM
You do realize H.E.R.B.I.E. was made for the 1978-79 FF cartoon first, as a replacement for Human Torch, since the execs didn't want the kids watching the show to set themselves on fire in imitation of Johnny Storm, right?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
July 25, 2004 10:53PM
Yup. I got no beef with H.E.R.B.I.E. just 'cause he was a PR tool.
August 07, 2004 01:14AM
From marvunapp.com:

"H.E.R.B.I.E. became one of the stars of the 1978-1979 Fantastic Four cartoon because at the time, the Human Torch was being considered for a movie with Universal, but an urban legend soon sprang up claiming that the Torch had been removed because the producers were afraid that children would light themselves on fire in emulation. This story has taken on a life of its own, and is generally accepted as the reason why H.E.R.B.I.E. was created. But hey, it inspired one of John Byrne's best stories, so what the hey! (re: Fantastic Four I #285)"

With great power comes great responsibility in a world that fears and hates you, because criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot.
EgoOverride
August 11, 2004 06:20PM
The female robot-ish thing in Daydreamers was called Tana Nile. I don't remember 'her' back story perfectly, but IIRC she's somehow tied into either ROM/Galador, or Rocket Raccoon...both of which are great vintage reads...

sean
August 11, 2004 10:43PM
Hey, thanks. Now i've got a name, @ least. The search continues...

With great power comes great responsibility in a world that fears and hates you, because criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot.
August 13, 2004 01:43PM
I thought Tana Nile was from Rigel-9

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.