Questions..

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Questions..
June 30, 2004 08:58PM
The first questions are to His All-Knowing Magesty..Lord David Martin (Blatant Suck-Up yes I know)

Questions for Lord David,

1)Exactly how is Residual Absorption worked in your opinion? I always used it as the character permenantly gained the powers he absorbed as long as he made the required red feat roll. Of course I also always considered it a power that should be a 2 slotter since it didnt require you to take 3 rounds to change powers and is safer than getting blasted and can be used to gain powers quickly by just visiting sites of Super Battles.

2)What abilities..Exactly..are gainable by Chemical/Animal/Plant mimicry?

Other questions..

1)Does anyone have the stats and abilities of the character Humbug?
I cant seem to find my Gamers Handbooks.

Thanks in advance.

:bow::bow:
Re: Questions..
July 06, 2004 08:38AM
Bumpolicious..Still waiting on an answer from "His Daveness"..:bow:
xmanalb
July 06, 2004 12:45PM
Maybe I can help you on the 1st question.

Residual Absorption has the potential to give the hero permanent new powers or increase his existing ones, but only if he/she rolls a Red FEAT when absorbing the "sample" he needs.

The best way to visualize this power, in my opinion, is DNA. DBZ's villain called Cell has Residual Absorption at Un(100) rank(max.). This means he just needs a DNA sample for his power to work. Depending on the condition of the sample, he can give himself a wide range of powers. The fresher the sample the more intense the color result.
July 06, 2004 01:06PM
Humbug should be in Gamer's Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Volume 2 (Eel -- Mad Dog). You should be able to dload it from Kythri's site.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
July 06, 2004 01:23PM
Searching in this Pdf but not found :no-no-no:
Human Torch... then Hydroman

Vik
July 06, 2004 02:47PM
Really? How odd. Well, I'm fairly certain he's in the Revised Basic Set. I know I've seen him published somewhere.

Maybe in one of the latter Gamer's Handbook updates?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
xmanalb
July 06, 2004 07:34PM
Humbug is int the Spider-Man Webs boxed set.
July 08, 2004 02:29PM
I appreciate every-ones help on this. I will try to find the set with Humbug so I can settle an arguement between some friends of mine. That is also why I was wanting Dave to respond on exactly what he thought the questioned powers should and should not be capable of. I figured ask the guy who wrote the book..That would settle the matter of definition.
July 12, 2004 01:45PM
Xmanlb is right one the first question. I hate the way the UPB created this power to allow others powers to become permanent on a red roll.

As a house rule, I don't allow heroes to use Karma to enhance a roll for residual absorption. That keeps PCs from becoming too Uber.

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
July 12, 2004 03:03PM
According to a chat I had with DEM a few nights back, Residual Absorption was never meant to be a "permanently gain new powers" power. My guess would be that a Red FEAT would let you keep them longer, but not permanently (since, really, that's unbelievably Munchkin).

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
xmanalb
July 12, 2004 04:00PM
I think Rogue may be the exception to the rule there.
July 12, 2004 05:50PM
Doc,

The only reason I ever thought it would be permenant, was that it specifically states in the power description that it is permenant on a red feat. I also think it should be a 2-slot power. And in my games it normally is.

Xmanalb,

I also dont allow karma usage on the permenancy roll for it. I also usually request that the player include the limit that the rank of the gained power is either the rank of the Residual Absorption, or the rank of the original power. Whichever is lower. Because according to the book, it is the rank of the R.A., and I dont care for someone gaining Mn rank powers from a trace of a Gd rank power.

Thanks everyone for your help. I would still like however to hear from the Great One Himself.
July 12, 2004 05:51PM

Post Edited (07-14-04 10:03)

July 13, 2004 01:18PM
Sorry bout the quad-post..The computer I am currently using (at the public library) is somewhat glitchy. As soon as it allows me to I will delete/Edit the extra posts. Thank you.
July 13, 2004 03:52PM
I'm over here

[www.classicmarvel.com]

And I think The Humbug was either in an April Fools issue of DRAGON or he was a tossed-off example not really given a full writeup.

Post Edited (07-13-04 14:56)

July 26, 2004 12:28PM
Found Humbug!!!!

[www.norse-man.net]

Actually a versital and useful power set up. Humbug just happens to be such a smeg-head that he is laughable.

Humbug
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record
Identity: The general public doesn't care who Humbug is.
Place of Birth: Indianapolis, Indiana
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives: None
Base Of Operations: New York City
Past Group Affiliations: None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fighting: Ty
Agility: Pr
Strength: Ty
Endurance Pr
Reason: Gd
Intuition: Ty
Psyche: Ty
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Health: 20
Resources: Ty
Popularity: -5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Known Powers:
None

Equipment:
Insect Noises: Humbug has a collection of cassette tapes, each of which holds the call of a particular insect. Properly amplified through Hum bug's gloves, these insects' noises have a variety of effects. To date, the Humbug has demonstrated the following effects:
Eye-spotted Budmoth: A hypersonic pitch that delivers Good Throwing Blunt damage and requiring onlookers to make a Red Intuition FEAT roll (Green if the character in question can hear hyper-sonic calls) to determine the direction of the attack.
Imbricated Snout Beetle: A powerful attack, magnetically charging all metal objects in the target area with the same polarity at Incredible intensity, so that they repel each other. Humbug can use this power with a three area range.
Oblique-banded Leaf Roller: A vibrating hum that requires its victims to make an Endurance FEAT roll against Amazing intensity to avoid chortling uncontrollably. The blast has a three area range, and can affect all targets in the same area. A victim can attempt to break free of the effects once every three rounds.
Wheat-stem Sawfly: An Excellent Throwing Edged attack with a two area range.
Salt-marsh Mosquito: This shrieking attack shatters all glass for four areas in all areas in a general line-of-sight. In the Humbug's target area, this attack shorts out all electronic equipment.
Meadow Spittle-bug: Good Force damage to all objects in the target area, up to two areas away.
Saw-toothed Grain Beetle: A delicate wheezing that melts electronic equipment in the same area as the Humbug while not interfering with any charges passing through that equipment. The Humbug uses this sound to evade alarm systems.
Buffalo Tree-hopper: Incredible intensity Force damage with a two area range.
Bloodsucking Cone Nose: The Cone Nose has a roar which can set small fires. Amplified, the sound gives the Humbug the Amazing ability to ignite combustibles within a four-area range.
Other effects, equally impressive, are possible from such cassettes as the Cow-pea weevil, the Short-nosed cattle louse, and the Plaster bag-worm, although the bag-worm's effects are probably non-lethal.

Talents:
Humbug is a trained entomologist, receiving +1cs to any research done in that area.

Contacts:
None

Role-Playing Notes:
Mitty is obsessive about his little friends. He is first and foremost concerned that insects are studied and appreciated. His crime spree originated when he desperately needed money to continue his research. He would never intentionally endanger anyone unless insect lives were in danger.

History:
Buck Mitty was the victim of a tightened academic budget at Empire State University, as his Entomology department was the subject of severe cut-backs. Rather than accept a transfer to another area in the Biological Sciences, Mitty quit. He regretted his decision soon enough, for he was now without the funds necessary to continue his research into our six-legged friends.
And so began a life of crime.

His first outing, an attempt to steal several million dollars worth of black pearls, was abortive, as an armed gang of thugs had beaten Humbug to the waterfront. Humbug would have confronted the thieves and taken the pearls if not for the intervention of Spider-Man, whose entrance discouraged Humbug.

The next afternoon, Humbug attempted to steal millions of dollars from an armored car, only to be put down by Spider-Man after an unsurprisingly brief fight.

Released by a sympathetic judge, Humbug returned to crime, now in tending to rob Empire State University. Again, he encountered Spider-Man, and surrendered when Spidey threatened to kill a jar of roaches. Humbug is currently in prison awaiting trial.
July 27, 2004 08:15AM
LoL... gotta love that Humbug...
July 28, 2004 12:48PM
Go check out Humbug v 2.0 in Favorites. He is going to be a quasi-Villian for my online game.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.