CareBear/CareBear Cousins and Barney -- the why is inside

Posted by rileyV 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CareBear/CareBear Cousins and Barney -- the why is inside
May 08, 2004 09:23PM
Why am I doing this? I just spent the last 12 hours helping to look after my niece and 2 nephews. This is me venting. I'm too tired to do any physical venting.

CareBear/CareBear Cousins

Fighting: Pr - these guys have such stubby legs and arms. plus, they rely heavily on their magick and talking.
Agility: Ty - they have to learn to aim their "stare", but it's something they learn quickly.
Strength: Pr - they're too busy having fun to work out
Endurance: Ty - they can be hurt, like a human, sometimes easier.
Reason: Ty - simple reasoning of a grown up on a kiddie show.
Intuition: Am - they can sense "evil" and "danger" or maybe it's just they're often afraid for no apparent reason
Psyche: Am - single mindedness, driven...kinda like a cuter borg.

Magick physiology - The CareBears and CareCousins are beings of pure magick from another dimension. In this dimension is a cloud city where they are all born and live. Their growth rate from newborn to full adult is quick. Only hours. The dimension coexists in the same place, as Earth's sky. The only way to access it is through the use of one of their "cloud cars". CareBears look, like cubs and the CareCousins look, like other animals (rabbit, lion, monkey, horse, etc.) They all have a white oval encompassing their tummies and part of their chests, with a symbol on their tummy (heart, heart with crown, cupcake, rainbow, etc.). They all walk on two legs and have a birthmark that's perfectly shaped, like a heart on their right @#$%& cheek. They tend to be joyful and nice, but there's one called grumpy, with a dark storm cloud and rain drops on his tummy. He is grumpy a lot, but does what he can to help the CareAgenda along. He's an anomoly. However, he's still accepted because "segregating him" would be wrong. He's still a pain in the @#$%&, though.
CareBear Stare/CareCousin Call (energy emission) - unknown type that causes "evil" things pain, the strength of the beam is proportional to the amount of love, caring, kindness, etc. they have/can generate/take from others. Can also be used, as a holographic projection of the picture on their tummies. One CareBear has been seen to project a rainbow from the heart on his tummy that he and a CareCousin slid down on.
Magick - Order magic used in an evil-as-order fashion. They come to the aide of those in trouble, working to eradicate the evil, if they can. This is also how their "cloud cars" can fly. They are not immortal, but can use magick to bring people back from "a dark place", though they need more "goodness" than all the CareCreatures put together to do it.
Energy focus - They can focus the love, caring, kindness, etc. of others through them to amplify their powers. They can even draw from emotions in parallel realities for further amplification.
Self-Sustenance - They don't need to eat, since they survive on their magick feeding them. They do feel hunger pains to remind them to
eat, because food tastes good and you should do stuff that feels good, as long as no one else gets hurt.
Shrinking - permanent: They're only a couple feet tall. Kinda like ewoks, maybe shorter.
Sterile - None of them have reproductive organs or even think about the dirty s-e-x.

Talents:

Emotion Control - Through fear and intimidation of their CareWrath. Their cuteness factor makes others just want to squeeze them till they die. They use their deceptively weak and innocent appearance, especially in a fight, to get others to their side and lull others into a false sense of security. Kids are extremely susceptible coming to their aide, while many adults think CareCreatures can be overly simplistic. CareCreatures like to work with kids. Get to them at a young age, so that they can fullfill the CareAgenda when they are older.

Role playing notes: The CareBears and their CareCousins are relentless, dogmatic and single minded in their view of life. They come to those in trouble. They view anything that's "evil", as anything that isn't super nice. They take "kill them with kindness" to a totally new level. What they can't reform through song and dance and showing their cloud cars off, they attack with their stares/calls. When someone is normal, if a CarBear/Cousin thinks you are evil, their stare/call will hurt you until they shut it off.

Barney

Fighting: Pr - he can't even stand sometimes.
Agility: Ty - he can stand, dance some, but sometimes falls down.
Strength: Pr - He has the proportional strength of fluff, foam and various synthetic and natural fibers found in stuffed animals and a very pliable cosutme.
Endurance: Pr - Costume or fluff. Take your pick.
Reason: Ty - He knows songs, stories and can apply the relavent ones to any situation.
Intuition: In - he can sense when he's needed, apparently.
Psyche: Ty - he's simple minded

Curse: While in stuff animal form, the cursed person is trapped within, he's fully conscious and isn't being controlled, unlike when he's in his fully grown state. He remembers everything he did in his larger state. When he's "needed" by some kids or a parent, he transforms into his larger form, where he's no longer in control. While he's being controlled, he has this uncontrollable urge to sing childrens songs and knows all the kid stories. If the curse is undone, the one that was cursed will return to the spot he was last at before the cursing and not remember a thing from when he was cursed.
Immunity - He has CL1000 immunity to aging, disease and toxins.
Healing refresh - When injured, he can turn into a stuffed animal and back to his larger size, totally healed.
Stuffed animal form - Of the above stats, the only one he has is endurance. He just sits there.

Talents:

Emotion control - can drive adults to killing/destroying others after prolonged hearing of his voice.
Dancing - child-like, but he has some experience.
Storyteller - many kids in the audience are hooked when he speaks.
Vantrilliquist - when he speaks, his mouth barely moves.
Singing - He can't do this. Just does "talking" songs.

[gets into coffin and hops into grave...earth swallows him up]

Post Edited (05-10-04 08:41)
Re: CareBear/CareBear Cousins and Barney -- the why is inside
May 09, 2004 05:00PM
I like your way of venting it produces interesting things like this,.,.,,. Never have watched either show so i will take your word on stats.

[img220.echo.cx]
May 09, 2004 06:02PM
i'm afraid to see your take on Rainbow Bright and the My Little Ponies.
May 09, 2004 09:16PM
I like your way of venting it produces interesting things like this

This is nothing. You should read my fiction, MC.

i'm afraid to see your take on Rainbow Bright and the My Little Ponies.

Don't think I ever saw either, but I'm sure I'd be able to come up with something after a few eps.

May 09, 2004 10:25PM
I wanna see Rainbow Bright and Strawberry Shortcake next. ;-)

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 10, 2004 07:23AM

And they mocked my pokemon stuff... called me crazy. Crazy i tell you! But i'll show them, oh yes, my prettiesesesssss....

Feh.
May 10, 2004 09:17AM
Well, if anyone can provide me with some background on My Little Ponies (which I'm thinking may be a tad slutty ;-) -- Sorry. Couldn't help that part) Rainbow Bright, strawberry short cake, maybe the glow worms, I'll try to come up with something.

I was thinking of doing something with Jem or Jam or whoever that girl was that was part rock star, part successful business woman. Maybe some alter ego type thing, conflicting split personalities, 2 spirits/1 body type of deal. But muppet babies will never be touched. I still think that shows is good. Got nothing against them, though, I might be able to come up with something for them that's interesting. Fozzie could be the younger, less intelligent version of the joker, but he sometimes screws up and hurts himself. The piano player could use singing/persuasion, sound/mental strength conversion, which would explain why he could get others to feel different after songs, which makes him one of the more insideous members of the babies.

Edit: Adding extradimensional, emotion tapping for power amplification of CareCreature energy emission.

Post Edited (05-10-04 08:43)
May 10, 2004 01:42PM
And I thought the curse of the Wendigo was scary, as for those care bears I think they could even give The Darkness the creeps.
May 10, 2004 03:46PM
I just thought of the ultimate villians...

They make no sense, they are bright colors, they live under a sun that looks like a baby....

They are the teletubbies, my players would lose karma just to kill them. That would even entice me a little.

[img220.echo.cx]
Johnny1
May 10, 2004 05:30PM
All hail the might of the Monchichi's and their super suckable thumb!:bow:
May 10, 2004 08:00PM
I found very little on rainbow bright and strawberry shortcake. For strawberry, the best I could come up with was that she's insane. Being the eternal optimist, she'll never look on the bad side of things, unless she's forced to. When she does, she falls into depression.

However, here are My Little Ponies.

Take stats of a ponie, add in In psyche. Their skin can be any color with their hair being multicolored. All the ponies are female, but bisexual. They enjoy the company of other ponies, but try to seduce humans. They're heavily into the sex games (why do you think they have so many outfits?) They have the pretty parlor, the show stable, the water fall and the dream castle. These are places they enjoy their games, other than open fields. They're very vain, wanting to brush themselves and/or others when they aren't having sex, though they do have normal personalities, as well. They all live in Dream Valley, a pocket dimension that exists on the surface of Earth. Only ponies can open the way to Dream Valley. All ponies have the seduction talent. It isn't difficult to seduce other ponies, but it is more difficult with humans. The humans that they target the most are those that prefer young teenagers, which is perfect for them, cause they don't age beyond pony age.

Muppet babies are coming next.

May 10, 2004 11:54PM
And people said I have issues with my Joshua Addams post..LOL
May 11, 2004 09:12AM
All right. Here are 8 muppet babies.

Kermit
Amphibian physiology: he's got the body of a bipedal amphibian, giving him:
-water freedom
-water breathing
-cold temperature resistance
-prehensile, extendable tongue
-hyper-leaping
-secretion: he can emit various liquids from his body, like nerve toxin, hallucinagens, etc.
linguistics-English

Role playing notes: He's a sexaholic. Very little is seen when he was a baby, but it gets more evident when he gets older, much to the chagrin of Ms. Piggy.

Ms. Piggy
Pig physiology: she got the body of a bipedal pig, giving her:
-juicy bacon bit-ness
-hyper sense: smelling
linguistics-English

Role playing notes: She's got a temper, is very controlling and very aristocratic. She solves problems with violence. She has a 'her way or the highway' mentality. She's got a problem when Kermie snuggles up close to another woman, but she feels it's perfectly ok to snuggle up close to another guy. In the future, this evolves her relationship with Kermit to an S&M one where she prefers to be the slave, as a way of controlling him. She likes to lick the hallucinating secretion from Kermie during sex.

Fozzie
Bear cub physiology: he's got the body of a biedal bear cub, giving him:
-cold weather resistence
-hyper sense: smell
Magick: Fozzie practices chaos magick. He isn't very good. He tries to use it to come up with jokes or funny antics (reality alteration [probability manipulation] ), but has a substantial unreliability factor.
Extradimension storage: Fozzie can access a pocket dimension whose interior is endless. From this dimension, he can pull out any joke/gag item from cards to whoopie cushions.
Elemental creation: any joke item he can think of will appear within the pocket dimension for him to take out.

Role playing notes: Because he never gets any better with his probability manipulation, Fozzie turns to drugs and booze in his early teenage years and prostitution to support his drug habit. He keeps going back to rehab, but it just won't take. The longest he's ever been clean was 8 months and he used magick to do it. Because he's got limited experience with magick, it didn't hold.

Gonzo
Weirdo physiology: he's got the body of a bipedal weird, giving him:
-cold weather resistence (blue fur)
-partial insanity: he talks to Camilla, like it was real. Only, he doesn't know that there is a spirit trapped within the toy. A siprit who was glad that the chick got damaged because then, the siprit would be freed if it got to damaged. his insanity is the cause of his daredevil stunts, which get more elaborate and dangerous, as time goes by.
Magick: chaos magick user, as part of his daredevil stunts.

Sidekick: Animal

Role playing notes: When he gets to teenage years, he discovers he has a chicken fetish and has lost most interest in Ms. Piggy. He feels really bad about turning his sidekick into more of a pet.

Animal
He's a living ball of energy that Gonzo often used, as a conduit for his chaos magick. This makes Animal a greater ball of energy, but because of the prolong use of Animal as a conduit, Animal got used to having such a higher amount of energy running through him, and he turned into a psychic vampire that Gonzo now takes care of.

Role playing notes: Animal has been Gonzo's sidekick for years, only to end up his pet. As he got older, he learned to speak more and better, but that stopped after he ended up a psychic vampire. Animal has reverted to a more "animal" state, often acting like a dog with Gonzo, prefering to grunt and growl than using words most of the time. Gonzo has yet to find a way to change animal back. He's tried to get help from Fozzie, but he's still got his own problems.

Rowlf
Dog physiology: he has the body of an upright walking dog, giving him"
-hyper sense: smell
-hyper sense: hearing
-cold weather resistent
Sound/mental energy conversion: usually using his toy piano and his voice to boost his persuasion.
Persuasion: When he sings, he psychically makes others think and feel what he wants them to.

Talents

Pianist, singing, tracking

Role playing notes: He's not as much a control freak, as Ms. Piggy, but is more powerful. When he gets older, he likes controlling others subtly by playing piano and singing. His plan is to bring about world peace through mind control and he'll play, as many concert halls he has to to do it.

Skeeter
She's human and has the stats of a triathelete of her age. Her stats improve with time, but she goes down this spiral of decreased energy and concentration (she doesn't know her twin brother is drawing energy from her via a psychic link they've had since they were born) and turns to performance enhancing drugs with a little prodding (psychically and verbally) from her twin.

Talents:

Gymnastics and other atheletic abilities (throwing, parallel bars, etc.)

Scooter
Magick: Scooter practices scientific magick (starting when he was very young) and found a way to strengthen the psychic link with his twin sister to draw additional energy from her.

Talents:

Computers, medicine, physics, engineering, etc.

Role playing notes: He's human, but has turned his brain towards discovering realitity's secrets through technology. He's determined to prove that the supernatural isn't so super. Just mundane. Because his sister is naturally fully of energy, he often takes energy from her to power his devices. He's destroyed any chance Skeeter will ever have to win the gold at the Olympics, by turning her into a drug addict. He's created performance enhancing drugs to get more energy out of his sister at the same time they are killing her.
May 12, 2004 08:32PM
I like the teletubies idea. I will have my players fight them and then have the tubbies haunt them afterwards. God I hate that show.

Dont forget the Cabbage Patch Kids.

Live Fast, Live Hard and Play it Loud
May 13, 2004 11:20AM
I got one major Request....and I want you to go to town on this...

THE MATTEL BARBIE line

That is an MSH rp bonanza in the warp minds of us...

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
May 14, 2004 07:48AM
Oh, god. The mattel barbie line? I've heard there are many. But, here goes:

Barbie

Robot body: She's an AI within a mechanical body, giving her:
-shape-shifting
*so she can have all those bloody outfits
*ageless
*regeneration/accelerated healing
*so she can have that impossible figure. (she has no need to be a crack @#$%&, bulimic or anorexic, but I wouldn't put it past her to sometimes do this because of her popularity desires.)
-ECM
-EMP shielding
-Energy sustenance: she's "lives" off of electricity, which she absorbs through her skin or by plugging into an outlet. She's got cords in many places (finger tip, toe, etc.)
-Am endurance
-In strength
Self-Duplication -- combined with her shape-shifting, this is where the other girls and ken come from (I think I may have heard of a little boy, I'm not sure. If he was there, he comes from her.) and all their stuff and where her vehicles and houses come from.
Immortality
Immunity -- CL1000 for toxins and diseases. She's still susceptible to really high temperatures. She's immune to many, but not all computer viruses.
Sense protection -- eyes, ears, mouth, nose
Life support -- Nonbreather

Talents

Taxidermy
+3CS for fashion, pagentry and runway modeling

Role playing notes: She's obsessive/compulsive, manifesting, as a "need" to participate in beauty pagents and have her own clothing line. She's chosen this physical form because she really doesn't give a sh!&. She's interested in the money and popularity. In public, she puts on her nice face. Away from the cameras, she's obsessed with death and turns people and animals into endless statues for private runway shows. She does travel the world a lot, where she gets into many a orgy with living people, many of whom she kidnaps, turning them into more "fans". Underneath her home is an enormous warehouse where she stores her works. She's also a sometimes nudist, which accounts for so many Barbies being found with no clothes on in many homes.

Cabbage Patch Kids

Cabbage patch physiology: These are living dolls who are born in the cabbage patch. They're spirits that come from The One, which is the source of the hive mind. They give the dolls the following abilities:
-Mersmerism: reflexive (some think they are oddities [resisters] while others just love them so much [nonresisters] )
-are possessed of Mn level strength

Role playing notes: Back in the eighties (or seventies, I forget when they came out), the general populace of Earth was surprised to find many cabbage patches around the world started growing dolls. To this day, no one has been able to understand why this happened.

When they are being watched or it's daytime, they don't move at all. When they aren't being looked at and/or it's nighttime, they turn into mindless killing machines. Non have any individuality, operating via a hive mind with one objective: Kill anything that moves. Cars, humans, animals. However, there are times when kids are born that do not have a link to the hive mind. All they do is nothing, being just a stuffed animal. These kids are the ones that people say "Oh, I had one!" about. Take a look at people who have died. If there was a cabbage patch kid somewhere near by or in their possession, it was probably the cabbage patch kid that did it. Go on. Check.

The only way to stop a cabbage patch kid is by destroying their doll bodies. Since they are about as tough as Barney (see his entry), this isn't so much a problem. What is is their enormous strength. Decapitating or blowing up the doll with a grenade are good ways. There are no CPB spirits roaming the Earth because, once their doll bodies are destroyed, the spirits immediately return to The One.

For years, there was a secret war going on betwen humans and the kids. It wasn't pretty. Currently, there are no more kids being grown out of cabbage patches and no one (those fighting the war, that knew the dolls were inhabited by spirits, not the general populace) knows why the spirits never came back in new bodies. However, there is a chance they may return.

May 21, 2004 11:40AM
Rainbow Bright

Normal stats of a girl her age

Powers:
Animal telepathy/hallucinations: In -- when she uses this, it sometimes makes her think she's seeing their faces actually moving to form words.
Telepathy - In

Equipment:
Spear of Light - Coloration Un, Energy/Power vampirism Un, shape-shifting (usually in the form of a baby) Un
Color Belt - clairvoyance/clairaudience with the color kids via floating bubbles (7 all together) Un
-after some usage, the belt gives the wearer flight, teleportation, environmental awareness, micro-environment, all at Un.

Role playing notes: She's currently the ruler of Rainbow Land, a pocket dimension that exists on Earth, and believes in racial diversity, but with her "black and white" youngster thinking, she the opposite of a racial supremacist. White and black are okay, but any shade of gray is an affront in her eyes. Nothing can be gray, not even rocks. She's a fanatic. Murky Dismal and Lurky are her polar opposites. They're fanatical and racial supremacist, but, instead of subjugating others, they turn others by removing their color.

The sprites are a slave race that mine the color crystals in the color caves, but you'd never guess they were slaves, given how well they are treated, but they're still slaves. A well treated slave race that does some of the mining. Since there are only so many of them, others have to help out. They're used, as miners, in the cave and are comfortable with their position. Their needs are taken care and, as repayment, they have to work the mines.

In Rainbow Land, there is not a single straight person.

Rainbow Land was once colorful, but, as things progressed, its new, natural state became dark and empty, which is what its natural state should be. However, the girl that would come to be known, as Rainbow Bright, is asked by an energy being in the form of visible light to go against nature and bring back the color of the past. She meets others along the way who also want to go against the natural order of things.

Murky Dismal and Lurky are told by the Evil One to stop Rainbow Bright. The Evil One is the consciousness of Rainbow Land. It likes its new state, hating the more colorful one, as do Murky Dismal and Lurky.

The color kids were imprisoned by the consciousness of Rainbow Land (think of Ego, the living planet, only with less to work with), so they couldn't return its color and were put in different areas of Rainbow Land. But, the intrusion, caused by Rainbow Bright's presence in Rainbow Land (she doesn't belong there), has made the Evil One weak, which is why Rainbow Bright, a child, was able to free the color kids. She's a highly infectious disease to the Evil One. The spear of light drains the Evil One of his energy and power, "killing" the consciousness. This killing is actually a very painful, unconscious state, full of fevered dreams 24/7. Before he went totally out, the Evil One sent a telepathic message to Murky Dismal and Lurky that said to stop Rainbow Bright. So far, they have been unsuccessful.

After her coronation, Rainbow Bright was informed by a council of hooded, robe wearing people (every kingdom has to have a council of these) of what the Evil One was and what she did to the Evil One. She thought this was a perfectly acceptable price to be paid, even if she isn't the one being harmed. Given her age, she's very selfish and doesn't have much feeling for the pain of strangers. Because of her callous nature, the council has begun to conspire with Murky Dismal and Lurky, but Rainbow Bright never takes that damn belt off. With the Evil One unconscious, Rainbow Bright is the most powerful being in Rainbow Land.

If anyone knows anything that would change these write ups, let me know.

Post Edited (05-21-04 13:33)
Suzuka the Red Falcon
May 21, 2004 12:35PM
I got a problem..what the hell...I mean it is cool and all and I have used your stats for the carebears and Barney for my adventures(My group is a team of dimensional hopping heroes kind of link Excalibur/Exiles). But Rainbow Bright is a champion of life and goodness..there is no slaves they merely work together for a common goal the restoration of there home world.

Oh and I was wondering what are the powers of the other Rainbow kids?

"Live free, die well."
May 21, 2004 02:35PM
I'd say that in real Rainbow Land, there wouldn't be slaves, but when I read they mined the crystals, and given it's a kingdom, a slave race seemed to fit nicely, especially with a well treated slave race. Okay, then. A well treated slave race that does some of the mining. Since there are only so many of them, others have to help out. They're used, as miners, in the cave and are comfortable with their position. Their needs are taken care and, as repayment, they have to work the mines.

I'll make the change.

Do the color kids work with just 1 color each? I'm not sure, but, if they do, I'd say they have Am coloration, if the Evil One had them locked away, so they wouldn't try to get color back.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.