ADULT SWIM

Posted by Killer B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Killer B
ADULT SWIM
February 27, 2004 11:24AM
Has anyone thought about writing up any of the characters from the Adult Swim cartoon line-up? Inuyasha, Trigun, maybe Big O? I personally would like to see Inuyasha's brother, Shashomaru, and Trigun's brother, Knives, along with Knives' henchmen.
Dino
Re: ADULT SWIM
March 03, 2004 12:39PM
I've been thinking alot about doing stats for Big O. I'm suprised no one has any interest in the Adult Swim cartoons. So for what its worth here is my best guess at Big O. There are some missing details

Big O

F: In
A: Ex
S: UN
E: UN
R:
I:
P:

I'll leave the RIP stats blank for two reasons..
1 Normally the pilot does all the thinking.
2 Megadeuses seem to have some intellegence, there has been several were a megadeus has refused to obey the pilot as if the robot has a different agenda. So you make the call.

Made of In strength material

Weapons
optics beams: In heat, energy 10 areas
Helmet beam: Mn force 20 areas
missle system: Un damage 3 areas
air pistons: Shx force 0 areas (touch)
grappling anchors: seen up to 10 at once Un strength

Big O also has an auto cannon/force bolt in the right arm (not sure what the stats should be).

Also megadeuses have a direct link system that connects the pilot directly to the robot greatly increasing performace although it might be dangerous for a human pilot.

March 03, 2004 03:54PM
I like Justice League, Family Guy and Futurama, but most anime sucks IMO.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
March 03, 2004 07:32PM
You've obviously not seen Legend of the Overfiend.... ;-)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
March 03, 2004 10:47PM
I wouldn't call JLA, Family Guy and Futurama anime. They are cartoons in my opinion. Doc, how about La Blue Girl?

MSH Classic RPG System
[rivendell.fortunecity.com]
warhammer
March 04, 2004 01:14AM
Ty and Doc, both are very good, and very perverse in a japanese fashion. How about Wicked City?:)

warhammer out...
March 04, 2004 05:14AM
All 3 are quite good :)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
March 04, 2004 05:18AM
Personally? There is no anime on Cyprus TV, so it's not really an option. But if it was, I'd only consider watching a cartoon with a name as preposterous as 'Adult Swim' if... actually, I don't think I'd ever consider watching a cartoon with a name as preposterous as 'Adult Swim', and does that make me a bad person?

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
March 04, 2004 10:08AM
The stats look pretty good so far. You might want to increase the material strength some, and maybe it's strength should be higher, I'm not sure. I think the weapons systems(heat&helmet beams) might be a bit more powerfull. This is just speculation of course.

Post Edited (03-04-04 09:14)
March 04, 2004 10:28AM
Wallace -- There is no cartoon called "Adult Swim" (that I'm aware of) -- "Adult Swim" is the name of the block of cartoons aired on Cartoon Network from 11:00pm 'till 2:00am Sunday-Thursday, just as "Toonami" is the name of the block of cartoons they air Mon-Thurs from 5:00pm-7:00pm.

On Adult Swim, you can see (on Mon-Thurs) Family Guy, Futurama, Witch Hunter Robin, InuYasha, Big O, and Cowboy Bepop. On Sundays, the Adult Swim lineup currently is Home Movies, Harvey Birdman: Attorney-at-Law, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, SeaLab 2021, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, The Oblongs, Big O, and Cowboy Bepop.

Not all the stuff aired on Adult Swim is anime, but a good portion is.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
March 04, 2004 02:24PM
I would agree...

But I prefer stuff like Ogenki Clinic and Living Sex Toy Delivery for the older crowd and Macross Series, Battleship Yamato, and Those who hunt elves for the general masses.

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
March 04, 2004 02:25PM
Darn I also forgot Lupin the 3rd. BTW, Anyone got stats for characters in that series/movies.

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
March 04, 2004 05:35PM
I wouldn't call JLA, Family Guy and Futurama anime.

Neither would I, which is why I will watch them but not the anime garbage.

Adult Swim is all right, but alot of times I skip it to watch reruns of West Wing.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
March 05, 2004 02:35PM
Regarding the control over the robot:
Instead of using F.A.S.E. abilities for Big O, do you think that maybe it should be regarded as a vessel and therefore use Control, Speed, Body, and Protection ranks since it is piloted and not worn as a battlesuit? Plus, it should have a +shift to be hit since it is over 400 feet tall.
March 05, 2004 02:42PM
What do you think Roger Smith's(I think that's the correct name) stats should be? Have you given any thought as to writing up Dorothy's stats?
Calintz
March 13, 2004 11:53PM
Sesshomaru would be one Badass Character due to his Speed. I mean have you watched him move. I'll Give what I think he'd have.

F: Mn
A: Un
S: Am
E: Un
R: Mn
I: Un
P: Un

Powers:
Anything about poison claws or in Demon form Poison saliva
Hyperspeed: Un
I guess Energy Solidification like the Laterns but his can only be a whip: Am
Something about a reviving power because of his sword (others only)
Demon Control or something
Claws
Hyper leaping: Mn
Hyper Inteligence: Am

You can go from here considering I forgot everything he can do. I know you'd have to give him another Sword though because he get a sword of like Sh-X Material for a Naraku Incarnate. These are all wild guesses so yeah... Just trying to think of one myself because I want to bring him into a game.
March 15, 2004 09:28AM
I'm glad someone else is trying to write-up Inuyasha characters. I'm currently working on Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru, Miroku, Kikyo, and Sango.
I don't quite agree with the stats you posted for Sesshoumaru, though. I don't think he's ever displayed Am/50 strength before or Mn/75 reason either. Maybe his stats should look something like this:
F-In/40
A-Mn/75
S-In/40
E-Mn75
R-Rm/30
I-Mn/75
P-Am/50
H-230
K-155
Tensaiga-Un/100 material.
-it can revive as well as heal 100 others with Un/100 ability.
-it cannot harm any living being, it instead passes through them harmlessly.
-it can only be used by someone "kind of heart".
Toukijin-(his other sword)-Un/100 material.
Claws-In/40 material.
Poison spray-Mn/75 intensity, 1 area range.
Hyper-speed-Un/100
Summon Demons-Un/100
-he has Un/100 control over the demons he summons.
Undead Creation-Un/100
-he can create a physical body that has the appearance, sound, and smell of whatever dead person he wishes; this being plays off the victims memories in order to make that person believe it is who it appears to be.
Energy whip-Am/50 magical energy damage.
Hyper-leaping-Un/100
Talents-Mystic background, occult, demonology, swords.

What kind of write-up would you do on the Tetsusaiga? It can kill 100 demons(and I guess humans as well) with one strike.

Post Edited (03-17-04 11:30)
March 16, 2004 08:25PM
Most of your powers seem right, very nice:), but his stats seem a bit low considering Inuyasha would be Mn/75 Strength and Sesshomaru would be like 1cs below him, so I think it would be Am/50. Also he has a limitation, he has only one arm. He needs to find other arms of demons or humans or w/e to keep that limitation at bay.
March 17, 2004 11:37AM
The only time I remember Inuyasha dislpaying high strength was when he lifted a large tree, put it down the well, and later removed it, so I figure he has In strength.
Could you give another example of his strength to justify the Mn rank?
I thought that he and his brother were about equal in strength, but since Sesshoumaru is a full demon he should be stronger, with him being in the higher part of In and Inuyasha being in the lower part since he's half demon.
Sure a person could run his campaign with Sesshoumaru having just his right arm, but I figure I'll run my campaign as if he never lost it.
I'm pretty much done writing up most of the other main characters, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Kirara, Kohaku, and Kikyo.
I don't know if I'm going to bother with ones like Shippo or Naraku, unless someone requests it.(I don't know enough about Naraku, though.)
I've asked for help with some of their abilities and powers on the Adult Swim message board, but I guess it's too early to expect any respones.
Any information from others who know the show would be helpfull.

Post Edited (03-17-04 11:27)
Suzuka the Red Falcon
March 19, 2004 11:15AM
Hey does anyone have or can make stats for some of the characters from La Blue Girl,Legend of the Overfiend, or Ogenki Clinic?

Thanks,:hot:
Suzuka

>

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.