Just for fun... (TV) Justice League stats!

Posted by CastleBravo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Just for fun... (TV) Justice League stats!
February 06, 2004 11:02AM
Don't get me wrong, I have always liked Flash, I just think this idiotic speed force garbage is indicitive of the main fault of DC. Someone comes up with a lame/poorly thought out storlyine and instead of retconing it, they make it canon.

It's trying to explain something that doesn't need to be explained. Something so many comic writers have tried to do and it usually fails miserably as it creates many more problems than it solves.

I mean are they saying that Superman isn't really fast, but also tapping into this speedforce? Do cars tap into this as well to move us along? Where does the speed force end and simple physics begin? Would our universe be stagnant if not for the speedforce? Has every super fast DC character been doing this all along and nobody knew? Is it sentient and if so how does it relay it's power into our dimension if it's sole are of control is speed and nothing else? How EXACTLY is speed quantified into something that can be given or taken away?

It's just silly IMO.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
February 06, 2004 11:15AM
You've probably read more Flash comics than I have, so you'd be better qualified to answer those questions.

However, since I've seen Flash take speed/momentum from others, and impart it onto others to speed them up, I'd say that, yes, in the DC Multiverse, all motion is, if not powered by the Speed Force, at least controllable by it. In this regard, it's litte different from the Electromagnetic Spectrum.

As for the Speed Force Dimesnions' sentience... well, Max Mercury often 'communes' with it, thought that could be really some sort of hive mind thing he's got with all Speedsters, using the Speed Force as a conduit to sift through the memories of all Speedsters, past, present and future. Also, all the Flash's, when exceeding light speed, often say something about "being called/pulled to wards the Speed Force."

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
February 09, 2004 03:44PM
You have a good point Warlock.

How can a superhero run so fast tapping into something to see the end of time? It breaks the laws of physics and dimesionality as a whole. But yet, Flash has done that in the comics using the Speed Force.

I guess my questions to DC is......Why is that the Speed Force seems more or less like sentient being than a force of nature? It would be the only explaination that could be given to explain the riduculous facts and feats of speed by the entire flash family.

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
February 09, 2004 09:49PM

It breaks the laws of physics and dimesionality as a whole.

Tons of things in both Marvel & DC break the laws of physics.... ;-)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
February 10, 2004 07:40AM
We've got a heck of a tangent going here... :beer:
firebomb
February 10, 2004 08:57PM

I still think the flight speed for superman here is wrong. Was watching the awful aquaman episode and apparently superman could barely keep up with a VAN. A van overloaded with gold and weapons, no less.

Feh.
February 10, 2004 09:07PM
I think that's just bad writing. He's also been shown in the show to be able to fly fast enough to keep up with jets easily. That pretty much says Monstrous or Unearthly if you assume they are subsonic, otherwise it'd need to be Shift-X or higher.
February 11, 2004 06:08AM
The problem is Supe has so many powers that sometimes the writers forget them. Plus lets face it, if Superman used all his powers, each episode would last about 6mins (with opening credits)

On the other hand, why the hell did you give Supes Marital Arts B???

"I am the Rocks of the Eternal Shore, crash against me and be broken"
February 11, 2004 07:47AM

On the other hand, why the hell did you give Supes Marital Arts B???

The "real" Superman writeup has Martial Arts B and D and Remarkable fighting, so I considerably reduced him here. We ARE talking about a guy who out-fought intergalactic gladiators of comparable power level during the War World episodes... twink him much more in hand-to-hand combat skill, and he would have lost.

He's good at whacking things with his fists, and not much else. Hence Martial Arts B + a reduced Fighting stat.

Post Edited (02-11-04 06:48)
February 11, 2004 10:33AM
So why does the write-up here have Supes listed with Martial Arts B & D?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
February 11, 2004 10:54AM
Probably because of the training the comic-book version received from Mongul Jr.

Not that Supes really needs Martial Arts D; he's strong enough to tear through pretty much any armour imaginable.

You know what the problem with Martial Arts D as presented in the rulebook is? According to it, using Martial Arts A and D, Captain America could theoretically one-punch Iron Man in his Hulkbuster Armour. And wouldn't be able to do anything to Rogue. I don't doubt that I'm the only one who adjusts this slightly.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
February 11, 2004 02:52PM
Actually, I was wrong. Superman on this site has In (40) fighting and Martial Arts B and D. I reduced his fighting -2CS from his DCU version, and let him keep Martial Arts B so he'd be better with his fists than other forms of fighting, which only makes sense (I think).

Post Edited (02-11-04 13:55)
February 12, 2004 08:37AM
I aasked this in the Captain Marvel thread, I'll ask here, since it's more appropriate -- is anyone interested in seeing DC Universe RPG write-ups for the various characters seen in Justice League? Such write-ups would be for the comics versions of the characters, at the time WEG published the books (though I don't believe anyone's changed much since then).

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
February 12, 2004 08:42AM
Actually, I think that made more sense on the Captain Marvel topic, since that was about the mainstream comic version of Captain Marvel. The TV Justice League characters are pretty different from their comic book versions.
February 12, 2004 10:17AM
Fair enough... though your cartoon versions are in part based on the conversions listed on this site, which are of the Comics versions.

Post Edited (02-12-04 13:59)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
February 12, 2004 03:52PM
Yeah, that's true. :bounce:
February 13, 2004 05:27AM
Anyone else interested in seeing 'em?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
February 13, 2004 07:25AM

Sure bring 'em on

"To win without risk is to triumph without glory"
February 13, 2004 08:40AM
Reading 'em makes my head hurt, but what the heck. :beer:
firebomb
February 13, 2004 02:20PM

Oh, I know it was bad writing, just had to make a point of whining about that part of the show. You know me, can't keep my mouth shut... heheh.

Overall these are probably more than sufficient to describe the cartoon versions of these fellers. The only thing I would consider altering is maybe changing green lantern's life support to micro-environment instead, since he seems to be able to make a large sphere of breathable air / quasi-normal gravity / non-vacuum space to carry people around in... but that's just semantics really.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.