Class 10,000; Class 30,000; Class 50,000; then Beyond.

Posted by Upper_Krust 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Class 10,000; Class 30,000; Class 50,000; then Beyond.
January 18, 2004 04:52PM
Wal--

You can throw Chuck Austen/Nightcrawler in there with just about...oh, say, COUNTLESS other creators across comics' landscape.

[deep breath]

I was about to go into a diatribe about some of my least favorite such moments in comics before I decided--it's just not worth my breath. Doing so gives those guilty parties far too much credit.

Antithesis
January 18, 2004 04:57PM

Warlock--

If it seemed like I was implying that the crown of revisionist history falls squarely on Marvel's shoulders, I should be more accurate. My attack was aimed at specific "creators" (if that's what the kids are calling them, these days) across comics. Talentless hacks that cannot cleverly think their way through continuity and characterization without cutting squarely across the grain of the spirits of classic plots and established history. Marvel certainly has their share of them, as does DC, as does every company out there. You, the guilty, know who you are. :mad:

Antithesis
(by the by, given your analogy, I guess it was Jim Shooter's "tighty-whiteys" that the Secret Wars slid through. I think it was HIS love-child)

(and I cannot believe I just wrote "tighty-whiteys")
warhammer
January 19, 2004 12:29AM
Hi UK,

Warlock is right about the LT and the incantation of oblivion. He is also right about the Beyonder. It was later shown that the celestials let him think he had defeated them to see what he would do next. The same goes for his killing death. Death let himself be destroyed just to see what the beyonder would do. The beyonder was actually the energy that normally would have been infused into a imature cosmic cube, which has class 1000 powers. My guess is that the beyonder was at best only a class 1000 entity. As for his defeat of Galactus, well, The Big G has his off days every now and then. Maybe as a entity of pure energy, he had a fundemental knowledge as to the most effecient application of the powers he wielded, giving him a natural plus one cls to his actual use of his powers.(meaning his actual power level was only class 1000, but could use them effeciently enough to achieve class 3000 results.) He eventually merged with the molocule man to evolve into his mature form, as Kubic(i think), a cosmic entity. He was then met by another matured cosmc cube, that took him on a tour of the cosmic powers, showing to him that he was not truely omnipotent. Rather he was on the lower end of the Cosmic Pantheon. That there were many levels of Powers above him in the multiverse.

On a side note, since the Beyonder saying that when he looked into the hulks being, he saw a being of raw limitless power, which reminded him of someone else(presumably the beyonder himself) has been used to credit the Hulk with limitless
Strength, i feel that the revelation of the Beyonders true origin and power levels brings into question that statement. I think that this only should point to the hulks stated max lift of 1000 tons(shiftz)

warhammer out...

warhammer out...
January 19, 2004 04:26AM
Warhammer,

The truth of the Hulk's strength is that he will always be strong enough to do whatever the writers want done. His strength seems erratic at times, but part of that is his adeniline surge ability. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Hulk doing things in the Class 1000 range for a single action in the books. He is less a character and more a force of nature controlled by the mind of a man. I'd say Hulk neared class 1000 if not acheived it during that time when Banner was taken away and he defeat EVERY MAJOR HERO ON EARTH! Only to be stopped by an old woman who knew Judo.

Man... comics are lame sometimes.

Jesus Saves! The rest of you take damage.
January 19, 2004 11:55AM
Hi all!

I will get down to replying to various posts shortly, but I thought you might want to know (though some of you may already know?) that Marvel are going to rewrite and redraw the whole Secret Wars story!

Hopefully this time they won't wuss out on the Beyonder!?

I think its due sometime around the summer.

You address OMNIPOTENCE, tread carefully.
January 19, 2004 12:23PM
they're not doing the old one over again are they, aren't they making a new Secret Wars?

DG X(

Marvel > DC
January 19, 2004 12:54PM

Warlock--

A close friend I just spoke with on the phone (who claims he just read about it today) said that there's really no connection between this new book and the old Secret Wars--aside of this will be a conflict "that the general public isn't privy to".

Apparently, it deals with Nick Fury and all the old "technology-based" villains. To hear him talk about it, it reminded me a LOT of the old Iron Man "Armor Wars" and "Armor Wars II"....

Bear in mind: this is second-hand information. YMMV.

Antithesis
January 20, 2004 08:50AM
WHEW!!!

DG X(

Marvel > DC
January 20, 2004 12:43PM
Heard about this Secret Wars thing a few weeks ago. Yeah, the main star is Nick Fury, and it's something about him gathering superheroes to take on something within the city, away from the Government eye (thus the 'secret' part). There was also something about some heroes not getting along with others... just have to wait and see. Hehe. :)
Kalitharus
February 17, 2004 12:48AM
Actually I think the Living Tribunals scores should be higher than those of the True Beyonders... remember what Kubik said, there is only one being mightier then the LT, and that is the One Who Is Above All, the Marvel "God".

The Beyonders are'nt in that rank. .:)

So I would have to place the LT's scores as Class 50,000, based on this system, and put the Beyonders at Class 30,000.

February 17, 2004 05:30AM
>>>Actually I think the Living Tribunals scores should be higher than those of the True Beyonders... remember what Kubik said, there is only one being mightier then the LT, and that is the One Who Is Above All, the Marvel "God".<<<

You mean the Floating Head of Stan Lee? ;-)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
Beings above/equal to Eternity level
February 17, 2004 10:14AM
Hi Kalitharus mate!

Actually I think the Living Tribunals scores should be higher than those of the True Beyonders... remember what Kubik said, there is only one being mightier then the LT, and that is the One Who Is Above All, the Marvel "God".

The Beyonders are'nt in that rank. .

So I would have to place the LT's scores as Class 50,000, based on this system, and put the Beyonders at Class 30,000.

Well, I suppose thats plausible.

GOD/Thanos with Heart of the Universe > Living Tribunal > Infinites/True Beyonders/Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet > Eternity/Infinity/Death/Oblivion.

Were there ever any other characters above or equal to Eternity level?

Kalitharus
Re: Beings above/equal to Eternity level
February 17, 2004 11:50AM
Only the Marvel "God"... the Living Tribunal and maybe the Infinites.. the jury is still out on them.

It is thought that when Eternity confronted the Infinites, he used an M-Body (a Manifestation Body, an avatar) and that is why he had trouble dealing with the Infinites.

That theory is reinforced by past writings of Eternity in the storylines, where he has used M-Bodies and has run in to trouble/difficulty.
Re: Beings above/equal to Eternity level
February 17, 2004 01:33PM
Hi Kalitharus mate!

Only the Marvel "God"... the Living Tribunal and maybe the Infinites.. the jury is still out on them.

What about Abraxas?

It is thought that when Eternity confronted the Infinites, he used an M-Body (a Manifestation Body, an avatar) and that is why he had trouble dealing with the Infinites.

That theory is reinforced by past writings of Eternity in the storylines, where he has used M-Bodies and has run in to trouble/difficulty.

The Infinites manhandled Eternity.

Kalitharus
Re: Abraxas
February 17, 2004 04:46PM
No idea who Abraxas is... but shall find out :)
Kalitharus
February 17, 2004 05:10PM
:bounce:

Yes, I suppose so *chuckles*
Kalitharus
Eternity mightier than Abraxas
February 17, 2004 10:31PM
He would have to be mightier than Abraxas, because Eternity is the sum total of all life in the Marvel universe, including the gods. :-o

No matter powers or talents Abraxas wields, he cannot compete against a force of that caliber.

As always, JMO. ;-)
February 18, 2004 09:44AM
Hey UK, Just wanted to help you out on this power ranks proposal.

If you are adding these columns for your games, Here is what I suggest for damage and advancement totals to help you fit it into the current table.

Upper_Krust wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm curious, has anyone ever determined any ranks above Class
> 5000; other than simply Beyond?
>
> I mean there does seem to be a broad gulf between being able to
> destroy a mere planet (Class 5000) and being able to
> destroy anything!?
>
> As such I have outlined the following ranks:
>
> Class 1000: (approx.) 1E6 Tons TNT (destroy city)
> Class 3000: (approx.) 1E12 Tons TNT (global extinction event)
> Class 5000: (approx.) 1E24 Tons TNT (shatter planet)
>

Shift Z: 351 - 899
Class 1000: 900 - 2500
Class 3000: 2501 - 4899
Class 5000: 4900 - 9000

> Right, that takes us up to the current highest rated rank.
>
> Class 10,000: (approx.) 1E48 Tons TNT (supernova)
> observed: Living Tribunal
>
> Class 30,000: (approx.) 1E72 Tons TNT (destroy galaxy)
> observed: Beyonder
>
> Class 50,000: (approx.) 1E96 Tons TNT (destroy universe: if we
> ignore constant expansion)
> observed: Korvac with the Ultimate Nullifier
>

Class 10,000: 9001 - 24999
Class 30,000: 25000 - 48999
Class 50,000: 49000 - 75000

> Beyond Class: Infinite? (destroy entire multiverse)
> observed: Thanos with the Heart of the Universe
>

Beyond: 75001+

> Any comments?
>

Advancement rules might have to be modified based on the type of characters that are being used.

Hope this helps you fit these ranks in the current table. You still have to come up with a dice roll table. Also, I wasn't against you in the other thread. It is a good ideas but it just was not well thought out in how to apply it.

&quot;It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off&quot; --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
February 18, 2004 10:15AM
Hi Silverbolt mate!

Thanks very much for the help - much appreciated!

Advancement rules might have to be modified based on the type of characters that are being used.

Okay.

Hope this helps you fit these ranks in the current table. You still have to come up with a dice roll table.

Class 10,000

White: 01%
Green: 02-15%
Yellow: 16-50%
Red: 51-00%

Class 30,000

Green: 02-08%
Yellow: 09-40%
Red: 41-00%

Class 50,000

Green: 02-04%
Yellow: 05-30%
Red: 31-00%

Beyond

Green: 01%
Yellow: 02-10%
Red: 11-00%

Also, I wasn't against you in the other thread.

I don't mind conflicting opinions mate I am happy to hear what you have to say whether you agree with me or not.

It is a good ideas but it just was not well thought out in how to apply it.

Which bit specifically?

February 18, 2004 10:24AM
Hey UK

Upper_Krust wrote:

>

It is a good ideas but it just was not well thought out
> in how to apply it.
>
> Which bit specifically?
>

You never really discussed damage, advancement, nor dice roll mods in any post. You only gave how the classes work and how they are define. However, you gave no true application to how they work in the current game. Figured that you had the premised down, just needed the fine details worked out to get them to work well in MSH.

But then again, we all (the board as a whole) got too wrapped up in the impact of the general definition and who would use them to see the how the game mechanics would work in a High Powered game.

Keep up the brain power of creativity, UK.

&quot;It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off&quot; --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.