Power Explanation

Posted by Foxx 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Power Explanation
December 30, 2003 07:03AM
I have a mutant character with the powers of hyper-intelligence, Hyper-invention, Total Memory and Weapons Tinkering.

My beef right now is hyper-invention. Do you just use this over the normal creation rules in the main book, or use it to augment the rules in the main book?

My GM and me are having problems with figuring this particular power out.

Sylar Highest Score:
1st Season: 19

2nd Season: 3 and counting.

Proud Memeber of the Cult of Sylar; making society better, one brain at a time.
xmanalb
Re: Power Explanation
December 30, 2003 09:36AM
Use it to augment the rules in the main book.
December 30, 2003 10:02AM
Hyper-Invention aguments the normal creation rules.

It helps in overcoming limits in Availability of material, costs, etc.

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
December 30, 2003 08:37PM
Foxx,
Check out this thread on this site [classicmarvel.com]

Hope it helps.

December 30, 2003 08:50PM
Here's another that may help [www.classicmarvel.com]

xmanalb
December 31, 2003 08:17AM
when you combine the effects of Hyper-Invention with Weapons Tinkering you can create nearly any technological marvel you want. It's done wonders for Tony Stark.
December 31, 2003 07:17PM
Which brings me up another nitpik I have:

Where are these powers in Tony Starks discription? If he doesn't have them then what character in Marvel Universe does?

December 31, 2003 07:23PM
Doom, Mr. Fantastic, Forge (sorta), I couple of others...

Tony should probably have at least "Weapon's Tinkering"... if only limited to Battlesuits.
December 31, 2003 07:36PM
True. True. Tony is in that class of inventors though. He should definetly have Weapons Tinkering as a power.

Okay, another nitpik: Which characters actually have Weapons Tinkering as a listed power? If Tony does not deserve it, then who does?

December 31, 2003 09:24PM
I don't think any character has it in their write-ups.

Tony would qualify... so would Forge... a few others too...

The Fixer (with his Tecpak) sort of has the power in a round about fashion. He can make just about any weapon out of that pak so... that sort of is a limited "Weapon Tinkering" power.

Most of the inventor characters don't even have Hyper-Invention or anything like that... just Incredible-Amazing Reason with Engineering and Repair/Tinkering.
January 02, 2004 03:40PM
Sway,

Then explain forge. I believe he has Hyper-Invention without the high reason.

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
January 02, 2004 05:11PM
Actually Forge has increadible reason ability. I also like his write up on this site better than his original. He's definetly in the Reed Richards/Tony Stark class of inventors. Strange, but the Fixer is not listed as having Hyper-Invention. I think what he's shown over the years warrants it.

Post Edited (01-02-04 16:13)
xmanalb
January 02, 2004 06:55PM
Forge should have Weapons Tinkering limited to Cybernetics and Optics.

Scalphunter has Weapons Tinkering limited to Guns.
January 02, 2004 07:03PM
and Holography (though I suppose that could sorta go under Optics).

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.