strength levels

Posted by flyer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: strength levels
December 17, 2003 09:45AM
Epyon wrote:

> I think in her original comic, the She Hulk could lift about 50
> tons. At least, that was how she was rated in the original
> OHOTMU. In the Deluxe edition of the OHOTMU, she was rated at
> 75 tons, and the explanation given was that she was working
> out. Again, I find that a little silly.
>

Actually no, this is not 100% correct. In her original comic, the most she had attempted was 50 tons due to her fights with Iron man and other armored characters at that time. In the avengers and FF, she lifted alot more which was stated in the Deluxe OHOTMU. However in her second book, she has "mutated" (using the term loosely) into a Overmusclar Gray version of her self in an alternate universe where Howard the Duck was trapped. That was around issue #15 of the Sensational Book. She later then fought alternate universe version of the Savage She-Hulk who was just as strong as she was but not as intelligent (more or less like a dumb amazon). It was noted then that version of her(the savage one) did work out. That was around Issue #51 or #52 of the Sensational Book. Lastly, she mutated (again using the term loosely) in to oversized overmusclar Green version of herself. At that she had the equivalent of the Hulk strength which as trigger by being scared. However, she snapped out of it when she saw a reflection of herself and saw that she was ugly. That was around issue #57 of the Sensational Book.

Now in the recent Avengers Books, Jack of Hearts remove some of the Gamma from She-Hulk which did turn her back to her normal self. However, she now only changes when she is scared(kinda of a revisit to the second She-Hulk series). However, this version is far stronger than her older self. I haven't read what happen yet in the Hulk-She Hulk fight. But I will soon.

With all of that being said, the deluxe book of the OHOTMU poorly wrote that part. The way it is sometimes read as if she has not reach her maximum potiental. It like the weight lifting maxing out. She has not at this time reach a weight her it was not possible to do no more than one rep which represents the high compacity for strenght. With that in mind, She did work out with the FF and Avengers. However, she never attempted or succeeded to find the upper limit of her strenght.

It does not seem silly for the working part. However, it does pose differculty since 100 tons+ barbells does not readily exist in the Marvel universe. Strength above Amazing generally are gauge by fights and feats compared to those who have established their upper limit.

Also, guaging Hi-tech wonders strenght, like Iron man, crimson dynamo,etc, by this rule would not be 100% accurate due to three factors, the character's Raw strenght, the ratio of the increase, and the condition of the armor at the time of the feat of strength.

Hope this helps.

:)<--Told you, I am Shulkie Fan #1.

&quot;It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off&quot; --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
December 17, 2003 03:40PM
Then you may want to pick up the newest Uncanny X-men issue. You'll see why.
warhammer
December 17, 2003 10:15PM
A hero or villian would not actually need weights to get a weight training workout. A hydrolic (probably spelled it wrong, sorry) system could be easily devised to simulate free weights of even shift z levels without being beyond current levels of technology. Also, characters like Superman could simply fly to a heavy gravity planet such as Jupiter or Saturn and work out there. There are ways to do it, if one simply puts ones mind to it.:)

warhammer out...:hot:
December 18, 2003 08:10AM
I missed your point....What does the drago storyline have to do with strenght levels.

&quot;It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off&quot; --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
December 18, 2003 09:41AM
Never Mind Spirit!!!

It all a set up. :) Just ask Wyatt Wingfoot!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.