Abomination

Posted by Mitsos 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mitsos
Abomination
December 12, 2003 09:05AM
Any ideas on the Abomination's healing power?
Roughshod
Re: Abomination
December 12, 2003 10:26AM
That seems to be sort of a recent development, along with the Hulk's healing factor. Neither had been put forth in the comics at the time the Marvel Heroes stuff was out, so their stats simply included high Body Armor and resistances.
However, in the laughable Marvel Universe Roleplaying game which came out earlier this year, it lists the Abomination as having the same healing factors as the Hulk, Wolverine and Sabretooth. So perhaps regeneration as it appears in the Player's book - he heals back 100 points of health every 10 rounds (from his Unearthly Endurance), or 10 points a round. I don't know if the Abomination can regenerate lost limbs.
Incidentally, in the Marvel Universe game, both the Hulk and the Abomination also have high levels of what is known as toughness, which would be considered body armor in Marvel Heroes. This is listed in addition to their healing factors, which makes the two of them pretty well invincible in most fights.
Just goes to illustrate the value of having a good psionic on the team when you go after guys like that.
Epyon
December 12, 2003 11:52AM
Peter David, the Hulk writer who "gave" the Hulk his accelerated healing abilities, is on record as saying that the Hulk has always had accelerated hearling. The way David sees it, a lot of the Hulk's durability is a result of his accelerated healing, but most people don't realize it because the healing occurs so fast, you can't even see it. So it's not the case that ol' Greenskin has developed a new power so much as it is the power has been redefined to a certain extent. Anyway, it stands to reason that if you adapt the this "redefinition" of the Hulk's powers, it should probably apply to the Abomination, as well. Whether it applies to other gamma irradiated heavies, such as the She Hulk, Doc Samson, and the Rhino, is another tale...
December 12, 2003 05:12PM
And how does David explain bullets bouncing off Hulk, and Thor's fist not going through him? That's a lot of comics to alter historically.
Roughshod
December 12, 2003 07:58PM
Good point, Spirit. Wendigo's claws once slashed him open. Apparently some things just do too much damage to heal.
December 12, 2003 09:37PM
Too bad Abomination doesn't have Resurrection to go along with his Regeneration....

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
warhammer
December 12, 2003 10:48PM
well, if he had regeneration of unearthly of better, doesn't that act as self-revival if he were to die?

warhammer out...
Roughshod
December 13, 2003 04:19AM
I don't think so. I guess it would depend on the individual judge, but there are limits to what regeneration can accomplish, I feel. If, for instance, somehow the Abomination got his head cut off, I think that would kill him as instantly as any other person. And I doubt he could regenerate from being tossed into a sun or being at the heart of a nuclear explosion. I would say the same thing for the Hulk, as well. Others might argue as to whether or not the heat of a star or nuclear explosion would even affect those guys, but that's another topic.
Incidentally, I liked it the pre-Peter David way, where the Hulk just had really, really tough skin. Having him heal so fast that nobody can see the damage is just ridiculous, because there have been plenty of things out there that have hurt the Hulk bad enough to take him down, and he's stayed down for a long time. It doesn't make sense, if he has such phenomenal recuperative powers.
One of the first guys to put the Hulk down was, in fact, the Abomination...
December 13, 2003 11:52AM
And now Abomination's dead (Hulk punched his fist through his chest recently).

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
warhammer
December 13, 2003 10:45PM
I don't know, i just seemed to remember seeing that written up somewhere about regeneration. And i definitely remember an issue of daredevil with Madcap in it in which the villian had captured both Madcap and Daredevil and had them tied back to back to a Post in a warehouse. He got tired of listening to Madcaps nonsense and took a fire axe to Madcap. Daredevil had to sit there and listen to Madcaps murder. and he was dead, cause daredevil could not hear a heartbeat. But after a minute or two, he heard Madcaps heart flutter and then start back up. a minute later Madcap was good as new. (Madcap has unearthly regeneration)

warhammmer out...
December 13, 2003 11:02PM
Actually, MadCap has ShY/200 Regeneration & Recovery, and cannot be permanently killed.

Whatever hapened to Madcap, anyway?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
Roughshod
December 14, 2003 05:39AM
Madcap is a special case. He cut his own leg off in a She-Hulk issue once, and by the time he had finished sawing through the place where he had started had already begun to grow back.
December 14, 2003 07:01PM
I think Hulk having uber-regeneration with "moderate" body resistance makes more sense to me, but on the other hand it does also contradict how he was portrayed in the past as just being super-durable. So I dunno. :)
Epyon
December 15, 2003 07:48AM
I think Peter David's version of the Hulk had moderate body armor, reinforced by regenerative powers. This is why normal bullets and knives cannot penetrate his skin, but adamantium bullets and the Wendigo's claws could.

Although neither the Abomination nor the Hulk's regenerative powers make them immortal, they can survive injuries that would kill most people (such as a broken neck).

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.