Ultimates

Posted by sway 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ultimates
December 01, 2003 04:05PM
Just reading "Ultimate War" and it occured to me. Has anyone wrote up stats for the "Ultimates / Ultimate (#) lines? There seem to be great differences in some characters powers and abilities.

Colossus completely trottles Thor in "Ultimate War"... I mean... Thor gets the snot beat out of him. Major league beatdown...

Wolverine seems to have "Non-Detection. Iron-Man's sensors don't even pick him up.

Green Goblin is definately stronger in Ultimate Spider-man.

Lots of differences really... anyone made the stats?

Post Edited (12-01-03 15:05)
Re: Ultimates
December 01, 2003 07:54PM
Colossus, for a example, seems more better in the Ultimate version... he no longer needs to breathe air when in armour form, for example. I can't remember if in the normal universe he can do that or not.

Oh, and how much does a russian submarine weigh? Granted, he did most of the lifting underwater, but he lifted it out onto dry land and dragged it until he collapsed...

Cyclops also claimed that Colossus was the strongest mutant (in terms of physical strength) on the planet, so... o_O

Post Edited (12-01-03 18:56)
December 02, 2003 07:01AM
Over 12 hours and no response from Warlock to an Ultimates thread?

He must be sick....

Post Edited (12-02-03 06:02)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
December 02, 2003 07:58PM
I was wondering that as well. He must be preparing a good rant.

There are write-ups around here.

In an early Uncanny issue Colossus walked underwater w/ no need to breathe. He also lifted the Blackbird out of an ocean. Issue 150 or so.

December 02, 2003 08:09PM
Well, the big debate about my fav russian mutant is not his strength, I'm sure it's in the UN range easily. But I've often wondered just how tough his metal hide really is? What material is his hide and what strength is it? I've seen Wolverines claws just makes sparks off it's surface, but that had more to do with Wolverines lack of muscle to push his claws through I'm sure. So what do you guys think?

"To each their own."

www.creationmatrix.com
December 03, 2003 08:25AM
In Mainstream, Piotr's entire body turns into "an organic version of Osmium steel"; .45 caliber bullets bounce off his transmuted eyeball. I believe his blood changed into some sort of energy, too.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
Master Vampire
December 03, 2003 08:46AM
Go on this site. then go to Ultimate Marvel Sourcebook

[www.angelfire.com]
<[http]
December 03, 2003 01:58PM

I think I can handle this......give me some time.

&quot;To win without risk is to triumph without glory&quot;
December 03, 2003 03:35PM
True about the claws. The only time they penetrated him was when Belasco's superstrong lackey threw one at Colossus.

The judge's book says he has a "minimal" need to breathe, whatever that means.

Magneto revealed Colossus to be powered by some sort of energy internally after the Massacre.

Post Edited (12-03-03 15:49)
December 03, 2003 06:18PM
I know about the "energy blood" but can anyone remember a time when someone dented him? And he never had to breath, eat, sleep, etc. while armored in the comics, Ultimates or standard line. And I do recall at one point that he was mentioned as getting stronger, but that was sometime during Jim Lee's run on the X-Men, so he was probably at MN then and moved up to Un from there. I've always thought he was a underused bruiser, but not like he ever saw himself in that light.

&quot;To each their own.&quot;

www.creationmatrix.com
December 03, 2003 10:15PM
The part I remember about Colossus getting stronger was in the official handbook. At the time of that, Colossus was still a 'minor', and it was believed that he had not reached the full capacity of his strength yet. So...
Master Vampire
December 05, 2003 05:58PM
Here I go:

X-Men:

Ultimate Cyclops

Scott Summers

Fighting: Excellent
Agility: Excellent
Strength: Good
Endurance: Remarkable
Reason: Good
Intuition: Remarkable
Psyche: Remarkable

Health: 80
Popularity: 0
Resources: 0

Powers:
Optic Blasts: Up to Mn Force damage at 3 areas. For each area beyond decrease damage by 1 rank.
-Break Fall: Short controlled bursts to slow the fall with only Ty damage on target.
-Attack multiple targets on a successful Agility FEAT. Up to 8 targets if sufficient reflectors are available. Damage is decreased to Am
-Wide Angle Beam for In damage to 2 entire areas.
-Transform energy into optic blasts. Cyclops must make a Red Psyche FEAT to do so or he takes normal damage.

Equipment:
Ruby Quartz visor: Am material, should they be damaged he cannot control his blasts when he opens his eyes.
-Must touch button on the visor or on his glove to use his Optic Blast
Xavier School Outfit.: Ex vs. Physical and Energy.
-Cannot be detected as mutants with outfit on

Talents: Leadership, Pilot, Spatial Geometry, Martial Arts A, C, Survival

Contacts: X-Men

Ultimate Marvel Girl

Jean Grey

Fighting: Good
Agility: Good
Strength: Typical
Endurance: Good
Reason: Remarkable
Intuition: Incredible
Psyche: Remarkable

Health: 36

Powers:
Telepathy: Incredible.
-Flight at Remarkable airspeed. With others, speed is Good.
-Lift objects of up to 10 tons.
-Incredible damage Force Bolts
-Incredible strength Force Fields
Telepathy: Amazing.
-Mental Bolt: Amazing
-Mind Control
-Mental Communication

Equipment: Xavier School outfit: Ex vs. Physical and Energy.
-Cannot be detected as mutants with outfit on.

Talents: Pilot

Ultimate Beast

Hank McCoy

Fighting: Remarkable
Agility: Amazing
Strength: Remarkable
Endurance: Incredible
Reason: Remarkable
Intuition: Excellent
Psyche: Excellent

Helath: 150

Powers:
Climbing: In
Feet: use as hands, +1CS wrestling
Lightning Speed: Rm speed.
Balance: fall up to 30' without damage
Leaping: Am
-"Banked Shot": Rm dodging while making an In charging attack.

Equipment:
Xavier School outfit: .
Sandles: Typical material strength

Talents: Genetics, Biochemistry, Pilot, Martial Arts A, Electronics, Acrobatics, Tumbling

Ultimate Colossus

Piotr Rasputin

Fighting: Excellent/Excellent
Agility: Excellent/Good
Strength: Excellent/Unearthly
Endurance: Remarkable/Unearthly
Reason: Good/Good
Intuition: Good/Good
Psyche: Excellent/Excellent

Health: 90/230

Powers:
Organic Steel form: Colossus can change into an armored organic steel form with the following abilities:
-Body Armor: Am vs. Physical & Energy, Mn vs. Heat & Cold, Rm vs. Electrical damage and Ex vs. Corrosives.
-Self-Sustenance: no need to eat, drink or breathe.
-Damage suffered in this form will be healed when he reverts to his true form unless his health has decreased below 70.

Equipment:
Xavier School Uniform: Ex vs. Physical and Energy.
-Cannot be detected as mutants with outfit on

Talents: Streetwise, Martial Arts A

Ultimate Storm

Ororo Monroe

Fighting: Excellent
Agility: Remarkable
Strength: Typical
Intuition: Remarkable
Psyche: Good

Health: 96

Powers:
Weather Control: Mn
-Flight: Ex, up to 5 passengers
-Protection from the weather: Am
-Weather Prediction: Am
-Create fog: Am intensity & thickness
-Lightning Bolts: Mn
-Create Am strength winds, cyclones etc.

Talents: Streetwise, Pick Pockets, Hotwire, Martial Arts A

Ultimate Wolverine

Logan

Fighting: Amazing
Agility: Incredible
Strength: Remarkable
Intuition: Good
Psyche: Unearthly

Helath: 160
Popularity: -5

Known Powers:
Resistance to Mental: Cl1000
Adamantium Skeleton: Unbreakable, Ex body armor vs. blunt attacks, Ty vs. edged.
-Claws: CL1000 material, Ex to Mn Edge
Regeration: Am, 5 points/round
Recovery: Un
Resist Poisons: Un
Animal Empathy: Am
Enhanced Senses: Mn smell, In hearing
Non-detection: Cannot be detected by any type of radar.
Berserker: ignore stuns and slams as well as Un resistance to mind control. A yellow psyche FEAT. must be made to come out of it.

Talents: Guns, Thrown Weapons, Sharp Weapons, Oriental Weapons, All Martial Arts, Tumbling, Military, Detective/Espionage, Ninja skills, Multi-Lingual (Japanese, Russian and English), Stealth

Ultimate Iceman

Robert "Bobby" Drake

Fighting:Typical
Agility: Good
Strength: Good
Endurance: Remarkable
Reason: Typical
Intuition: Typical
Psyche: Good

Health: 90

Powers:
Ice Body: Iceman's entire body is composed of ice, it gives him the following powers:
-Ice Generation: Mn (and all powerstunts)
-Elongation: Gd
-Body Armor: In
-Shape alteration: Ex
-Self-Healing: up to Mn damage/turn
-Molecular Conversion: Am ability to freeze someones water molecules inside his body.

Equipment:
Xavier School Uniform: Ex vs. Physical and Energy.
-Cannot be detected as mutants with uniform on

talents: Student

Whoo... That was a rough one.

Serafita wrote:

> The part I remember about Colossus getting stronger was in the
> official handbook. At the time of that, Colossus was still a
> 'minor', and it was believed that he had not reached the full
> capacity of his strength yet. So...
Master Vampire
December 05, 2003 05:59PM
My bad about the quote Serafita. I hit the wrong button.
December 05, 2003 10:40PM
Interesting. Got one for Ultimate Spider-Man? :)
December 06, 2003 01:10AM
Two points.

1) During the Weapon X arc, Beast stated that he had gained enhanced senses, notably smell, and showed medical training.

2) Unearthly Psyche for Wolverine? I'd cancel that and just give him some kind of psionic screen. In terms of sheer strength of will, Scott probably exceeds him. On the other hand, what happened to his Intuition?

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
Master Vampire
December 06, 2003 07:55AM
You are sure right. To quote Beast:

..."There's no running, Doctor Cornelius. I can smell you, whichever part of this place you're hiding in. I hope you appreciate the irony, because I wouldn't have these senses if you hadn't given me this despicable feral snout."

Second, the Benchmarks say that Unearthly Psyche is ..."A mind closed to external forces." That's Ultimate Wolverine.
December 06, 2003 06:37PM
Sorry guys, still haven't really gotten my shiznit together yet back here in VT.

Here's what I did do right before I moved. I was going to finish them up but haven't really had time. Damn real world? ;-)

[www.classicmarvel.com]

[www.classicmarvel.com]

DG X(

Marvel > DC
December 06, 2003 06:49PM
Here's my opinion on what's been shown and said here so far.

Peter might be gay, just thought I'd get that out of the way first thing. It makes die hard Colossus fans go into siezures so I like to bring it up whenever I can. Hehe. :) He also out muscled Magneto's hold over his metal form thru sheer strength alone when Mags threatened Wovlerine's life. Don't think it really means he deserves a bump to Strength but should be mentioned also.

Wolverine's Psyche isn't Unearthly as he has no real strength of mental power or will, just a mental block that is unbreakable by anyone but the Pheonix Force. That's text book Psi-Screen at Class1000 IMO.

Also Jean Grey is a world class telepath, clearly better than merely Incredible. Profeesor X should be at Unearthly with Jean only a rank or two behind him.

That's all I got right now but I just skimmed thru.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
Master Vampire
December 06, 2003 07:10PM
To troo, to troo...
December 07, 2003 08:40AM
The writer has confirmed it in an interview. Piotr is gay. I seem to remember reading that he'd hit on Wolverine in-comic, and been shot down. Poor boy. I like Ultimate Colossus far more than I did the mainstream version.

On the Psyche - what you said, 'Lock.

Oh yeah - is Wolverine really as strong as Beast? Is he really less observant?

-Wal

Post Edited (12-07-03 13:34)

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.