mercs

Posted by WINTER IN SUMMER 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
mercs
November 27, 2003 05:00PM
we know they exist in real life and they have probably been in comic books since buck rogers, but does any one know where i can find the junk for playing them?

Post Edited (11-27-03 16:01)

I'll tell you one thing, if a little green man pops out at me, I'm shooting first and asking questions later -PLAN9
Re: mercs
November 27, 2003 06:27PM
There are stats in the back of the Judge's book.

November 27, 2003 09:35PM
I'm sure GURPS has a Mercenaries/Special Forces book out...

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
November 27, 2003 09:55PM
i gotta get gurps man, i think they sell it a my local comic book shop

ive seen the vigilanty stuff some where and it seems like its played as gun toting pissed off superheros. my take of mercs in this game is that they are less superhero and more rouge green berets with powers.

to me they go along with the "greater good" that i was going on and on about in my crime wave setting post

i love comic books, especially the characters. but i dont like to play as a comic book

Post Edited (11-27-03 20:57)

I'll tell you one thing, if a little green man pops out at me, I'm shooting first and asking questions later -PLAN9
November 28, 2003 01:10PM
There's generic stats in the Judge's Book. They're not up to much. For something rather more interesting, try this thread:

[www.classicmarvel.com]

I'd still like to see stats for the A-Team, personally.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
November 28, 2003 04:44PM
Don't forget this delightful thread.
[www.classicmarvel.com]

November 30, 2003 04:48PM
good link, a very fine tuned example of what the stats of a would be merc

here are some movies that i base some of my stuff on

Blade Runner
Leon, The Professonal
La Femme Nikita
Ronin
Gambit
From Russia With Love

especially the second and third ones
and not the plots on the last three

Post Edited (11-30-03 23:06)

mercs with powers
December 01, 2003 01:08PM
how would i go about making them mutants with a couple of powers or should i just start from scratch to avoid copying

Post Edited (12-01-03 12:11)

Re: mercs with powers
December 01, 2003 03:13PM
You could use the Resource table in the players book. It let's you roll randomly to raise/lower existing ranks. It's right there in character creation.

December 01, 2003 03:18PM
thanks ill try and get those out and they'll probbably be in the "supporting cast" format

No Subject
December 01, 2003 05:36PM

Post Edited (12-01-03 16:37)

December 01, 2003 05:37PM
since mercs would definatly have the contact black market, since thats where they work, would the cost of equipment be the same or lower

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.