Iceman

Posted by Vik Leroy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Iceman
November 21, 2003 06:27AM
As I can see in the judge's screen, Iceman does not have the same stats than these on the website. :-o

Judge Web
F GD EX
A GD GD
S TY EX
E RM IN
R GD TY
I PR TY
P TY GD

And the powers are different too.

More, what's the talent "Accounting" ?

What are the right stats ?

Vik
Re: Iceman
November 21, 2003 07:57AM
The talent "Accounting" is because Bobby is a trained accountant. It's his job.
The stats on this site represent what the board owner, and those who helped him, feel is Bobby's current state as he is in the comics. The old books have old stats.

I am surprised to see that the new Iceman stats do not include any resistance to cold.

Does this help?

==
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur. (Translation: Everything said in Latin
sounds profound.)
November 21, 2003 08:24AM
Sure.

Thanks! :beer:
Firebomb
November 22, 2003 03:28AM
Heh... I'm surprised he can bench 800 lbs... but that's just me. =)
November 22, 2003 03:45AM
Well... he can bench more than 400lbs.

Perhaps not quite 800.
coffeethrall
November 22, 2003 05:16AM
Does he have a strength difference when he goes from flesh and blood to his ice form, perhaps as a power stunt of his ice generation/shape manipulation?

November 22, 2003 09:05AM
For the past few years, whenever Bobby appears with his shirt off it tends to resemble the cover of the other kind of top shelf magazine. There may not be much of him, but what there is is pretty damn solid. On the other hand, he's 5'8 and 145 lbs. There's only so much muscle you can get out of that.

Flesh form, I'd say Bobby was low-end Good. However, when he ices up, these days he transforms entirely to Incredible Material Strength ice. A Strength bonus is therefore to be expected.

Traditionally, when a character transforms his body into another material, he gains Strength and Endurance proportional to its Material Strength as a direct result (cf. Vision, Colossus, Husk, Thing). Therefore it would be reasonable to assume that Iceman, too, gains enhanced strength from his transformations. Again, usually, the new Strength is within a couple of column shifts of the resultant Body Armour rank. Iceman gains, on this site, Incredible Body Armour. His Strength should, therefore, be between Excellent and Monstrous.

What I would do? Excellent Strength on first transformation, and he can increase his Strength up to Monstrous by 'bulking up' - adding extra ice to his body. If Iceman wasn't also Bobby Drake, he'd probably have already have worked out how to turn himself into a living glacier and smack down the Juggernaut.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
warhammer
November 23, 2003 02:37AM
Good call, Wallace!
I had overlooked that aspect of icemans body transformation, but you are right! But then again, I have always thought Bobby Drake could have been so much more formidible than he has been in the past.

warhammer out....
November 23, 2003 08:22PM
It's a good idea Wallace! I agree that Bobby proably could increase his strength and such like that, but he hasn't seemed to. It's definately not an established power stunt.

I am the genie. Would you like to rub my lamp?

Alabar
November 23, 2003 11:40PM
I've actually always suspected that Iceman is like an Xtrenal or something... he's just never tapped himself enough.

I think if he actually keeps with truely mastering his powers... he'll be a super-heavy weight in no time. I think he just needs one more big "push" storywise...
Antithesis
November 24, 2003 12:14PM

Hmmm...I can see your point, but I'm kinda lukewarm on that idea. It occurs to me that one of the common failings of the X-Writers has always been their falling prey to The "Hmmm, I dunno how to characterize this guy properly--so I'll just jack his powers up and he'll be more popular in no time!" Syndrome. I would just as soon as see them leave his power the same, but do some much-needed personality-work on him.

Just my opinion.

Antithesis
November 24, 2003 12:44PM
Bobby could become immortal. Ice doesn't age. However, he can only chang back to his normal form. He can't change his appearance as a human, so presumably he can't de-age himself. So Iceman could be immortal, but only so long as he remained in ice form. That, incidentally, could be an interesting very-long-term detail; Bobby lives forever by denying his humanity.

And Bobby is probably the most human of the X-Men. He's the closest to being an ordinary Joe. Which is why he so underuses his powers. Take a look at the Age of Apocalypse to see a little of what he could be.

Personally, I'd have him seek out Prosh and ask to have his power boost reversed, because he doesn't want to get stuck as ice.

-Wal

November 28, 2003 12:31AM
In which episode(s) have you seen that Iceman has the Power of Shape-Alteration ?
November 28, 2003 01:04PM
I can't give you issue numbers, but when Emma Frost took over his body, she was able to adopt an ice form that looked... well, like an ice sculpture of Emma Frost. She also travelled by dropping into a river and threading her consciousness along the water molecules, reforming after several miles.

Bobby has always been the underachiever.

-Wal

November 28, 2003 04:39PM
She made spiky ice armor, too.

November 28, 2003 08:38PM
Not only that, but in X-Factor annual n#1, he fought the doppleganger who said he could use his ice making abilities in ways Iceman never dreamed of. In one panel, Doppleganger actual appeared to grow in size and increase his strength.

Someday there will be no racism.
Thats the day aliens will attack.
Then we will all hate green people.
November 30, 2003 11:42AM
OK, It was in the Phalanx Covenant.
I must reread this :)

Vik
December 01, 2003 02:07AM
In one of the comics in "The Twelve" saga in a far off future Bobby had finally decided spiky armor would be good for intimidation. Also in The Age of Apokalpse Bobby had spikes and could reform himself if shattered. Much of his body was like a ghost just abstract at the end so seemingly he had shapeshifting like powers. And if I remember correctly to try to stop Legion Bobby freezed every water molecule in his body. Why it didn't work don't ask me, but he gave it a good shot.

Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the fly.

A true evil genius will do everything for a specific thought out reason and make it look like there was no reason for it at all.

Alabar

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.