Deathlok and Coldblood

Posted by Epyon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Epyon
Deathlok and Coldblood
November 20, 2003 04:14PM
Anyone have complete stats on Deathlok I, II, and III (Luther Manning, Michael Collins, and Jack Truman, respectively)?

I know that Deathlok I could lift (press) about 3 tons (Remarkable Strength), had reflexes roughly 20 times faster than a normal human (at least Amazing Agility, since Spider-Man's reflexes are only 15 times faster than a normal human), and had stamina 5 times greater than a normal human (probably Remarkable Endurance). His computer half was equipped with all kinds of enhanced sensors. He was a former CIA agent with extensive combat training who lived in an alternate universe. He packed a laser pistol that could hurt the Thing, and a knife. So I'm guessing:

DEATHLOK I (Luther Manning)

Fighting: REMARKABLE (30)
Agility: AMAZING (50)
Strength: REMARKABLE (30)
Endurance: REMARKABLE (30)
Reason: EXCELLENT (20)
Intution: INCREDIBLE (40)
Pysche: EXCELLENT (20)

Health: 140

Laser Pistol: Incredible (40) energy damage, range of 20 areas.
Knife: Typical (6) edged attack damage.
Body Armor: Excellent (20)

I know that Deathlok II could lift (press) about 85 tons (Monstrous Strength), had reflexes roughly 20 times faster than a normal human (at least Amazing Agility), and had an adamantium skeleton along with an adamantium-steel alloy musculature. He was a brilliant computer programmer whose computer brain gave him artificially enhanced combat skills and the ability to hack into any computer. He also packed a plasma rifle and plasma pistol and was able to go toe to toe with Iron Man (modular armor). So I'm guessing:

DEATHLOK II (Michael Collins)

Fighting: REMARKABLE (30)
Strength: MONSTROUS (85)
Endurance: INCREDIBLE (40)
Reason: REMARKABLE (30)
Pysche: GOOD (10)

Health: 205

Plasma Rifle: Monstrous (75) energy damage, range of 20 areas.
Plasma Pistol: Amazing (50) energy damage, range of 15 areas.
Body Armor: Amazing (50), no protection to head. Skeleton is Class 1000 material.
Computer Interface: Monstrous (75)

All I know about Deathlok III is that he used to be a manhunter for SHIELD, can lift (press) 85 tons, and has two laser cannons built into his arms. Taking a wild guess here:

DEATHLOK III (Jack Truman)

Fighting: INCREDIBLE (40)
Strength: MONSTROUS (85)
Endurance: INCREDIBLE (40)
Reason: GOOD (10)
Pysche: EXCELLENT (20)

Health: 215

Laser Cannons: Monstrous (75) energy damage, range of 20 areas.
Body Armor: Incredible (40), no protection to head.

Any help?

Also, I would appreciate any stats on Doug Moench's character Coldblood, which he said is basically another version of Deathlok I.
Re: Deathlok and Coldblood
November 20, 2003 04:59PM
Actually, I think the Str and End are more accurate on the Handbook verison.
[www.norse-man.net]

The same one is here, I think.
[www.classicmarvel.com]

Post Edited (11-20-03 16:02)
November 20, 2003 05:55PM
I thought official stats were done for Deathlok II but I haven't found them yet. Why was the robotic duplicate in the gamer's handbook for Deathlok I left out of the writeup on this site?

COLDBLOOD 7 (from a gamer's handbook)
Eric Cavin

F- RM
A- RM
S- EX
E- IN
R- GD
I- GD
P- TY
H- 120
K- 26
R- TY
P- 0

Cyborg Body: several parts of his body have been replaced by bionic replacements. These parts are immune to disease and have RM material strength. Various components give him these powers:

Communication with Cybernetics: by patching into a computer Coldblood 7 can drain it's memory bank.

Spiderclimb: GD

Infrared Vision: GD

.357 Magnum: this is concealed within his wrist. Three barrels can be fired individually or in a volly. 1-3 bullets can be fired per turn at TY range, each usually doing 6 points of damage (dumdum bullet). There are 30 bullets per clip.

Handgun: Coldblood carries a machine pistol with a range of 3 areas. Each burst of explosive bullets does 40 points of damage, 6 bursts per clip. Four additional clips are kept in a belt pouch.

Talents: Marksmanship, Military Strategy, Leadership, Security.
Contacts: Gina dyson.

MSH Classic RPG System
[rivendell.fortunecity.com]
November 20, 2003 06:18PM
My guess is because nobody's heard of him until now.

November 20, 2003 06:36PM
I'm a little lost Spirit! The Deathlok I writeup on this site is the stats given in the gamer's handbook. That listing notes a robotic duplicate, but it was omitted here. Was just wondering if there was a reason or just skipped. It is on Norseman's site.

MSH Classic RPG System
[rivendell.fortunecity.com]
Epyon
November 21, 2003 09:59AM
Thanks, folks. Strange that I could not find Deathlok on this website, yet there he is. I went to both the Heroes and Rogues Gallery, but he was not listed, yet when I hit List All, he appeared. Strange.

Anyway, I still think Deathlok should have Amazing agility. His reflexes are far faster than Spider Man's. Also, being able to lift 3 tons is a lot closer to Remarkable strength (lifting 1 ton) than Incredible strength (lifting 10 tons).
November 21, 2003 03:10PM
Agility is a major weakness in the Marvel system. Reflexes, aiming and flexibility are not the same thing.
Robocop would have the same problem.

You could add in a power to balance it, like a low ranked hyper-speed. Data would have something like that, I'd think.

Always bugged me that Spiderman can shoot a gun better than Punisher.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.