Sandman, etc

Posted by Spirit 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Sandman, etc
November 17, 2003 09:47PM
Seriously though, I've never quite understood the whole pantheon in DC. There's a topic about it here somewhere.

I'm pretty sure DC does mention God in relation to the Spectre. But I've no clue how he (it, whatever) stacks up to cosmic comic characters.

I'd always guessed Beyond in all ranks.

Also, older is not the same as more powerful. Usually the opposite, actually.

November 17, 2003 10:12PM
Here's the link with the Endless stats for Vampire.

[vampirerpg.free.fr]

MSH Classic RPG System
[rivendell.fortunecity.com]
November 18, 2003 12:41AM
Well from Preacher, which isn't exactly cannonical (not exactly in line with the standard DC universe), we find out that God quit. From Books of Magic, which is cannonical, we find out that the Endless were born out of the creation of the universe. The Endless, then, can be seen as anthropromorpghic expansions of divine potency. They are both one and different from the ellusive, indeterminate One, who is beyond the confines of the Judeo-Christian Yahweh. They would certainly be more powerful than all but the most powerful gods. Yahweh, the Trinity (Christian, Hindu or Neo-Pagan) or Budda could give them a run for their money, but why would they want to?
November 18, 2003 08:08AM
Spectre is the Embodiment of the Wrath of God. It is what brought the Seven Plagues to Egypt, among other things.

Post Edited (11-18-03 07:09)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
November 19, 2003 12:16AM
so Spectre could be considered an Endless of sorts, a distant cousin
November 19, 2003 08:07AM
Kinda/sorta/maybe/fnord

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
November 19, 2003 10:56AM
Actually, the Spectre would more specifically be the "Wrath of Yahweh (or Alla)," so he'd be like a grand-nephew of the Endless.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.