Marvel Movie Costume...

Posted by sway 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Marvel Movie Costume...
November 10, 2003 09:30PM
Just running things through my wee little mind... and onto the boards... :)

Daredevil Movie Costume

Good material strength hardened leather with padding.
Serves as Typical Body Armor.
Converts edged attacks of less than good damage to blunt attacks.
Provides a Typical damage threshold vs. blunt and force damage, ignoring stuns for such attacks of less than Good intensity.

X-Men Movie Uniforms

Remarkable material strength kevlar blend.
Serves as Good Body Armor.
Converts edged attacks of less than Remarkable to blunt attacks.
Provides a Good damage threshold vs. blunt and force damage, ignoring stuns for such attacks of less than Excellent intensity.

Hulk Movie Shorts

Unearthly material strength imaginary material.
Possesses Amazing Elongation.
Master Vampire
Re: Marvel Movie Costume...
November 11, 2003 08:46AM
Has anyone noticed how stupid those X-men uniforms look?
November 11, 2003 01:19PM
What would you prefer, yellow spandex?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
November 11, 2003 01:45PM
Actually, considering what the comic-book costumes would look like in real life, no I hadn't. I think they look pretty nifty. If I had to dress up as a superhero (and this takes as an assumption that my twenty-seven closest relatives are all being held hostage, and world peace is also at stake), I'd go for movieverse Cyclops.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
November 11, 2003 02:59PM
On a superhero, yes.
I can't stand the whole black leather thing now. Does Wolverine ever wear his costume anymore?

The costumes are supposed to be bright and noticible, like battle flags. Looking "cool" doesn't matter when you can lift a tank. Who's gonna make fun of you?

Superman and Spiderman wore their costumes for the movies, why can't anyone else?

Will the new Superman movie have him dressed like the Crow?

Can't stand seeing all the heroes look the same like Punisher wannabes.

Master Vampie
November 11, 2003 06:29PM
When you put it that way Wally man, you're right.
rileyV
November 12, 2003 05:37PM
I don't mind the leather costumes so much, but they looked kinda tight to me. Not very useful in fighting.

But, why are many costumes include the briefs and thongs on the outside look? You see it on spandex. On suits of armor. I can understand it back in tha day of early comics, but not now.
Master Vampie
November 12, 2003 06:27PM
Yeah, I know. In the words of a friend I know:

"Why do superheros wear thier underwear outside thier clothes?"
November 12, 2003 06:49PM
Because they can.:-o

November 13, 2003 12:03AM
To emphasize the fact that they're so manly (in the case of the males) or sexy (in the case of the females) that under their costume, they go commando. It's PR, nothing more. Tragically, it got misunderstood, and now several different Alternate Dimensions market a nice line in Superhero-style incontinence pants.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
November 21, 2003 06:45AM
The costumes are supposed to be bright and noticible, like battle flags. Looking "cool" doesn't matter when you can lift a tank. Who's gonna make fun of you?

Yes and when you are part of a secret school to train mutants and being hunted down by the government, the best course of action is to call attention to yourself and say "here I am".

In the Ultimate Universe (HA! HA!) the X-Costumes not only act as body armor but also mask the X-Gene in their bodies in case anybody happens to be looking for it.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
November 21, 2003 03:12PM
Maybe, but I can only think of a handful of times the team has ever been undercover.

November 22, 2003 09:56AM
In the movie? They've constantly been undercover.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
November 24, 2003 08:01PM
Those outfits would only blend in in certain kinds of clubs.

November 25, 2003 07:40AM
He he!.

Well not underdover as in fake beards and glasses.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
November 30, 2003 11:44PM
They would fit in, in New York, or L A, or London for that matter. Especially at night. People would just think that they were going to or coming from a club.
December 01, 2003 12:12AM
lets look at it this way

the goverment is having a "red scare" with mutants and hints at bar code tatoos and other ways of setting them apart form the humans. with that going on and i was a mutant i would burn the spandex and just fight crime in jeans and a t-shirt

I'll tell you one thing, if a little green man pops out at me, I'm shooting first and asking questions later -PLAN9
December 06, 2003 06:39PM
Even if those "tights" kept the mutant scanners from detecting you?

DG X(

Marvel > DC

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.