Emma Frost

Posted by Moryssa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Emma Frost
August 15, 2003 03:08PM
Emma hasn't always had AM End. So I assume it only applies when mutants have some superior power like Magneto and Storm.

But I know I've seen various X-men get normal illnesses.

I don't have that issue. How exactly did AIDS come up?

August 15, 2003 03:10PM
Warren went to a hospital to put his new powers to good use. The doctors wanted to do an AIDS test on his blood. He said, 'Mutants don't get AIDS.'

Throwaway moment becomes a big issue.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
August 15, 2003 03:15PM
Havok has never shown superhuman End.

If he gets it, all mutants should.

August 15, 2003 03:24PM
I'd drink to that, if my brother hadn't visited earlier this week.
:beer:

-Wal

August 18, 2003 08:18AM
Wal,

Normally moments like that get writers into big trouble. You can't give blanket statements like that an expect long time fan like me to not say something. But it was an observation on my part and a mistake on their part.

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
August 18, 2003 09:37AM
Hey, I agree with you that it's stupid. I have no idea what they were trying to achieve; I have multiple issues with that... er... issue, many of them centring on the fact that Warren is now apparently seventeen years old with a seventy foot wingspan, at least going by the art.

-Wal

August 18, 2003 08:52PM
What is Bobby's Secondary Mutation?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
August 19, 2003 12:13AM
knowing marvel...

resistant to fire and heat:)

All I have to do is out run the person behind me.
August 19, 2003 01:54AM
Officially, it's that his body is slowly transforming wholly to ice, which has him frightened and confused.

Despite the fact that, before the Writer Who Shall Remain Nameless, Bobby had converted wholly to ice on numerous occasions, had his chest shattered, learned to 'teleport' through water vapour, and so on.

Best not to go there, especially because then you'll get on to the Northstar business (basically, Bobby somehow doesn't know that Northstar's gay, and doesn't realise he's being hit on. Can you say 'inconsistent characterisation'?).

-Wal

August 19, 2003 08:13AM
:-o

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
August 19, 2003 08:22AM
Yeah, I know. Hey, I'm going to start a speculation thread. Anyone want to come?

-Wal

September 10, 2003 08:55PM
Doesn't this seem unlike Marvel to sell comics w/ cheesecake covers? I've also noticed the interior art is pretty bad, like all those independent comics that use this tactic.
[www.marvel.com]

Click on the enlarged image. Makes me question Frost's true gender.
Tom Jones would be so jealous...
:hot:

Post Edited (09-10-03 19:56)

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.