Stat nitpicks.

Posted by Wallace 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Stat nitpicks.
July 28, 2003 11:09PM

uh, on number 6 the point was that these three pretty much merit Remarkable Agility - and Jubilee is a lot more agile than any of them.

Oh I don't know new X-men characters much, I just think you are underestimating the agility of these others. I think there is more to the agility score than just tiwists and twirls.

b) Then I don't quite understand why you wouldn't want Toad to have Rem strength. Rem =up to 1 ton. Some characters that can press 2 or 3 tons are rounded to Rem.

c) yes, not as agile, but perhaps this can be explained more by DD and Ca having the acrobatics talent.

Someday there will be no racism.
Thats the day aliens will attack.
Then we will all hate green people.
July 29, 2003 03:43AM
Speaking of nitpicking, it's odd how Quicksilver can press 1000lb with arms (200lb higher than Cap), and press one ton with his legs (from the handbook), yet only has Good strength on this site...
July 29, 2003 05:04AM
just to comment on Blob to Spirit. Blob has learned to use his mass to cause a gravity smash effect (Monstrous damage). He also uses his soft body to grapple with Monstrous strength. but his lifting capacity should not be on par with She-hulk, Thing, etc. maybe Incredible at the highest.

Wallace is pretty passonate about this Jubilee Incredible agility. maybe down the road but for now Remarkable agility with acrobatics I think is fine.

I've read every X-Men she's been in, She's not on par with Gambit.....yet.

where does it say Toad can press 1 ton? Marvel Universe?

Post Edited (07-29-03 06:04)

"To win without risk is to triumph without glory"
July 29, 2003 09:47AM
And since when can Quicksilver press 1000 pounds, I have never seen him lift anything close to that much.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
July 29, 2003 10:57AM

Neither have I, but I remember now, from the Marvel Universe handbook it said 1000lbs.

July 29, 2003 02:51PM
I've never seen Quicksilver do any heavy lifting nor break out of normal restraints.

I have seen Blob backhand Colossus sending him flying. I do think the writers' interpretation of him has changed over the years and he is a heavy hitter now. Rm strength is way too weak for him. His dinner weighs that much.

July 30, 2003 10:45AM

as I stated before Blob has learned how to utilize the same ability that holds him to the ground to act in a reverse effect, AKA gravity smash, so he can push, slap, and strike with Monstrous force like in X-Men 177 when the Brotherhood ambushed Colossus and Blob knocked him a couple of city blocks.

but as far as his lifting capacity, I've never even seen him even flip over a car.

so I think 80 tons is plain crazy.

He couldn't knock over Stonewall (Remarkable Immovability)

July 30, 2003 02:52PM
Can't really recall him ever lifting or breaking anything dramatically either, actually.

July 31, 2003 12:30PM
Blob lifted a large boulder and threw it way into the air at storm in X-men 178 (maybe 179?). She promptly used a hurricane gale to send the rock back at him. Nevertheless, Blob has shown capable of punching collossus and wonder man several yards.

August 01, 2003 12:50AM
OK, for an "official" word on the Blob's Strength.....in OHotMU Update '89, under Data Corrections on the inside back cover, it says:
"Readers have pointed out that an illustration for the Blob's entry (from OHotMU Deluxe Edition #2) shows him using superhuman strength even though the entry itself says he has no actual superhuman strength. Apparently the Blob can lift (press) roughly 5 tons."

This would put Blob in the Incredible Strength category, while his Gravity Smash stunt would allow him to effectively hit opponents as if he had Monstrous Strength....

I can resist everything except temptation--Oscar Wilde
Re: Battlestar
August 01, 2003 01:37AM
I happened to be looking through more of my OHotMU Update '89, and I noticed that in Battlestar's entry in the Update, it lists him as being able to lift (press) roughly 10 tons as a result of the Power Broker treatments he underwent, which would be Incredible Strength....but his entry here at Auntie P's lists him as only having Remarkable Strength.......
I'll admit it's been a while since I regularly read comics, so if anyone knows of any incidents that indicate he has a reduced Strength level, let me know...

August 01, 2003 05:09AM

Thank you redman.

August 01, 2003 02:45PM
There is now way Jubilee is as agile as Daredevil, and besides you are looking at the stat in only one aspect.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
August 01, 2003 02:45PM
That official explanation says nothing about gravity power stunts and neither have any write-ups, including the one here.

It's a reasonable explanation, but Marvel's never said it.

August 01, 2003 03:18PM
The "official" refers to the Blob's strength level, not the Gravity Smash stunt....
Sorry, should have made that clearer.....

August 01, 2003 03:21PM
You're welcome.....:)

August 01, 2003 03:40PM
You did fine. I'm just saying a power like that would have plenty of uses that we've never seen. Unless he's too stupid to develop them.

August 01, 2003 05:40PM
Just to nitpick .. that's the name of the thread, but I have seen blob wave his big fat arm at the time he strikes someone. It really looks like a normal slugfest atttack..and you would think after all this time, one writer would have made Blob comment about being able to manipulate his immovability power.

August 02, 2003 01:54AM
well, Incredible Strength can send somebody flying if you catch them off-guard....

August 02, 2003 09:10AM
Your argument: Wolverine would most definetly have In. agility. On top of speed he has used some acrobatics that demenstrate this level, but it isn't his style so he doesn't do it often.

Jubilee is faster than Wolverine. This is fact.
Jubilee has been seen doing acrobatics far more often than Wolverine. She trains in them heavily. This, too, is fact.

How, then, do you advocate Incredible Agility for Wolverine, and not for Jubilee? Is Wolverine really as agile as Daredevil?

When considering Jubilee, I look at the benchmarks. Jubilee is an Olympic Gymnast. This is fact. One of the Agility benchmarks is marked as Olympic Gymnast. It's not that hard a step to take.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.