Stat nitpicks.

Posted by Wallace 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Stat nitpicks.
July 27, 2003 06:11PM
We all have a few things that we think are just a tiny bit out, and as an X-Men fanboy, here's my list.

1) I still think Beast should have Incredible Reason.

2) In what way does Bishop merit Incredible Fighting? He's a badass, but he's no Daredevil. I give him Remarkable Fighting, and Martial Arts B and C.

3) I'm not sure what they should be, but I can't help but think that Cannonball's RIP scores (Typical, Good, Good) are a little low for someone who's done as much as him. Especially with his training from Cable (higher Psyche) and Pete Wisdom (higher Intuition).

4) How can Domino have Excellent Strength? She's got a basically human physique - very fit and muscular, but by no means powerful enough for Excellent strength. On the other hand, she's got at least twenty years experience as a mercenary and spy under her belt - I'd raise her Intuition to at least Remarkable.

5) Havok. Excellent Strength. Why?

6) Jubilee here has Remarkable Agility. So do Wasp, Hawkeye, and Punisher. Of these four, which one is an Olympic-class gymnast who has been seen somersaulting around like Daredevil? Jubilee deserves Incredible Agility. Also - and I'm definitely playing favourites here - she has repeatedly demonstrated immense willpower. Operation: Zero Tolerance, in particular, has me thinking she should have at least Remarkable Psyche. Training with Emma Frost should have helped a little.

7) Marrow: Same RIP scores as Cannonball. Marrow has lived on instinct and reflex for over ten years; I think she rates at least Remarkable Intuition.

8) Professor X: When did his Reason downgrade from Incredible to Remarkable? When did his Intuition go from Amazing to Excellent?

9) Toad can officially bench press one ton. This probably doesn't quite qualify him for Remarkable Strength, but he should be at least Excellent.

10) In what way does Wolverine rate Incredible Agility? He's fast, but he's not in the same league as Daredevil, Captain America, or even Jubilee. On the other hand, he has an official lifting capacity of 500 lbs, well within the Excellent range.

And, as a special bonus nitpick,

11) Nick Fury has Excellent Intuition and Good Psyche. After over fifty years of covert operations and low-level warfare. I'd raise these both by at least one rank.

-Wal

Post Edited (07-27-03 17:13)

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
Re: Stat nitpicks.
July 27, 2003 06:33PM
I agree with you in most of your points except the following...
Domino is a mutant..according to the ranges that they(mutants) use as opposed to flatscans...An Ex strength is not out of line for her physique.
Bishop "IS" a badass..He spent how many years hunting/capturing/killing rogue mutants for the X's of his timeline? I have no problem with him haveing In fighting + skills

July 27, 2003 07:23PM
Beast's Reason is fine at Rem, cause when you figure in talents it's Incredible.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
July 27, 2003 10:48PM
1. Beast's reason is fine either way with me.
2. Bishop is a highly trained soldier from the future. He has In. fighting in my book.
3. I am not familiar at all with Cannonball since the earlier days of Xforce so I can't say much here.
4.Domino is in peak shape and she's a mutant I would give her Ex. str, the low end of it but ex. none the less.
5. Have to agree on Havok, I couldn't understand Ex. strength either. In my gameworld he has Gd.10.
6. There is no way Jubliee has the same agility as Daredevil.
7. Not familiar with Marrow so ....
8.I will agree with you when it comes to the reason, but the intuition i think Am. is too high but Ex. is most defenitly to low.
9. I not to sure on toad, hell for the longest time I thought he only had super strong legs.
10. Wolverine would most definetly have In. agility. On top of speed he has used some acrobatics that demenstrate this level, but it isn't his style so he doesn't do it often. In my game I give him In.40 agility and Ex. 20 stregth.
11. I will agree on nick's intuition but not the psyche.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
July 28, 2003 12:08AM
So according to you Wolverine is as agile as Daredevil, and Jubilee isn't? You mean Wolverine is more agile than Jubilee? Hey, Cyclops has been seen using some acrobatics, and he's a perfect shot - does that mean he merits Incredible Agility? I don't think so. Jubilee, on the other hand - she consistently out-moves any and all X-Men who don't have superhuman agility.

I can see no way on the planet that Wolverine is more agile than Jubilee.

-Wal

July 28, 2003 05:33AM
Ok I drop my 2 cents

1)I think Beast's reason is fine he's got talents to raise it
2)Bishop's fighting is fine
3)Cannonball should have at least excellent psyche, but he's no genius
4)I agree Domino should have Good strength, yeh she's a mutant..with good luck not enhanced strength.
5)I agree Havok should have Good strength too...see above, but he could qualify for Excellent fighting
6)I've only read Jubilee in X-men, from what I saw Remarkable agility is fine and give her Acrobatics.
7)I agree Marrow should have higher Intuition.
8)I agree with the Profs Reason, but his Intuition would be fine at Incredible.
9)I thought Toad could leg press 1 Ton, not bench press. I think all his stats on this site should be dropped -1CS except strength.
10)I agree, but this sites stats are different from the Marvel Official stats. his official agility is Remarkable. I have Wolvi at F Am A Rm S Gd E In

I'll ad my own

1)How does Psylocke have Excellent Strength? don't say cause she's a Mutant.
2)Blob's strength is to high on this site, It was Remarkable forever, now it's Monstrous. I don't think so his Strength should be Remarkable.
3)Northstar Excellent strength....how? should be Good, his agility should be higher around Incredible. Quicksilver's speed contributes to his Unearthly agility. Why doesn't Northstar's

Post Edited (07-28-03 05:01)

"To win without risk is to triumph without glory"
July 28, 2003 07:02AM
Jubilee? The little girl with the fireworks? Since when has she been anything but a normal girl with the ability to ake stupid little bursts of light.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
July 28, 2003 07:40AM

She was an exceptional little girl, a survivor, extremly versatile, she rescued Wolverine from the Reavers and nursed him back to health.

Her agility is the only thing that kept her alive during her missions along side the rest of the X-Men.

July 28, 2003 08:37AM
Jubilee in conception, before she was ever a mutant, was an Olympic-class gymnast. She'd have made the American Olympic team, except that her parents died, there was suddenly no money for training, and she ran away to live on the streets. Or rather, in the mall.

Olympic Gymnast. That's the benchmark for Incredible Agility. And since then she's not only kept up the acrobatics, but also trained in martial arts. In-comic, she can keep up with Gambit.

And those aren't flashes of light. They're free-floating energy plasmoids. Little pockets of raw plasma, which she creates by causing molecular-level detonations. Potentially, she's a matter detonator, and it's been stated that she could blow up a person's brain just by thinking about it. However, like many powerful mutants she subconsciously limits herself.

Jubilee also has some kind of psi-screen, powerful enough to conceal her from Psylocke for an unspecified, but considerable, period of time - weeks, at least. And she's shown more raw willpower than most heroes. Laughing in Bastion's face, anyone?

-Wal

metaphysician
July 28, 2003 10:43AM
Jubilee is also a poor-girls Shadowcat. ;-)

As for most of the suggested changes, agree with some, not with others. Nick should definitely be higher, though. Decades of experience and all.
July 28, 2003 10:46AM

Ah.....I like her too, but keep up with Gambit thats a pretty tall order. I'd say Beast and Nightcrawler are the only two that can do that, X-men wise.

I thought Excellent was Olympic athlete and Remarkable was Olympic gymnast

July 28, 2003 11:32AM
Yeah, there are far too many people walking around with EX strength. I mean Captain America has EX and that's only because he has the Super Solider serium. How the hell do Havok, Northstar etc get it.

"I am the Rocks of the Eternal Shore, crash against me and be broken"
July 28, 2003 02:12PM
[www.classicmarvel.com]

And that's identical to what's in the Judges Book.

-Wal

July 28, 2003 05:45PM
1) Nah, couldn't possibly be in league with Tony Stark. He should have a REM but as Warlock said, talent mastery in all the right places.

2) Don't know much about Bish Except the X-men cartoon.

3) The cannonball stats are based on his early days with the New Mutants.
Not recent times.

4) Don't know Domino Much.

5) This may be a new stat. Was his strength EXC in COTA or any other module? Anyways, I would agree that Havok should merit a good.

6) Hawkeye definitely merits Rem Agility. He is capable of trapeeze work, as well as firing a bullseye while on a trapeeze. Punisher is capable of acrobatics, plus this reflects his precision when firing guns and thrown weapons. He is one of the few capable of shooting spider-man. The wasp's remarkable probably reflects the ease of firing at and avoiding larger targets.

7) Don't know marrow.

8) Prof X used to display much more inventive skill. He designed the original Danger room, cerebro (no, Magneto did not help), numerous gadgets (including a holo-image inducer). But in later issues,he practically stopped. As for his intuition, I believe as Prof-X has aged, his ability to maintain a surface level of general mind probing has waned and he can not expend the energy.

9) Actually at 1 ton, toad does deserve Rem. If it is shown lower, it is merely to reflect that most of his Superhuman strength is in his legs.

10) i believe that Wolvie does rate an Incredible. He does have
superhuman speed and agility as stated in the Handbook.

11) yes I agree Nick Fury needs a massive overhaul.

Post Edited (07-28-03 16:46)

Someday there will be no racism.
Thats the day aliens will attack.
Then we will all hate green people.
July 28, 2003 05:55PM
Uh, on number 6 the point was that these three pretty much merit Remarkable Agility - and Jubilee is a lot more agile than any of them.

9) Officially, Toad can bench-press one ton, and leg-press three tons. So his legs are three times as strong as his arms...

10) Wolverine is fast. But is he as fast as Daredevil or Captain America?

-Wal

July 28, 2003 06:42PM
Nick Fury and Cannonball really need updates. Cannonball in the X-men is much older than his New Mutants stats.

Blob's Rm str always seemed silly to me as I've seen him slapping Colossus and Hulk around. Mn is fine.

Beast deserves In reasoning as does Prof X. Also the Am Intuition benchmark was pretty much created for Prof X. Though it should drop to In when powerless.

Havok and Northstar have NEVER shown Ex str.

Wolverine qualifies for Ex str technically. 500 lbs is indeed betwenn 401 and 800.
His agility is debatable, so I let it go either way. Most of the time I'd say he's just as fast as DD and Cap.

Toad has never shown RM upper body str.

And finally Jubilee is not yet full grown, so I'd limit her to RM so she can still have range to improve.

"Poor man's Shadowcat." Heh heh, nice one.

July 28, 2003 07:20PM
Anyone know how much Toad can lift with his tongue? :p

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
July 28, 2003 07:26PM
Hate to say this, but they need to scrap the old Toad and replace him w/ the movie version.

July 28, 2003 07:34PM
They... pretty much have, in both appearance and abilities. It happened in an X-Men mini-series - the same one in which Iceman gained near-godlike powers, and Mystique gained her scaly movie look as a new default form (which she never uses) - and I don't think he's been seen since.

Prosh was involved. I've heard the plot made sense to some people.

-Wal

July 28, 2003 10:28PM
I have that mini-series, somewhere. It was.... odd.

It had the Stranger in it, too.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.