Static Shock stats

Posted by Dr. Cripple 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Static Shock stats
July 19, 2003 05:41PM
Hi,

Has anyone thought of writing up stats for Static Shock, Gear, Ebon or any of the characters from the series? I saw a great episode this morning in which Static travelled through time to confront and attempt to save his deceased mother. Static is like a post modern african american Peter Parker. My wife, who has never been into comics or Saturday morning super heroes, is hooked on the show.
Re: Static Shock stats
July 20, 2003 12:19AM
I haven't seen it in months but I also enjoyed the show.
Didn't at one time it have a crossover with Batman or something like that?

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
July 20, 2003 12:37AM
Yes, Static crossed over with Batman twice I think and Superman once. I wonder if he'll meet the teen titans next?
July 20, 2003 11:15PM
As long as his writers and/or owners don't man bad art.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
July 21, 2003 01:52AM
Out of boredom, and the fact that I've seen a few episodes of Static, I'll give stats a basic shot.........
Static (Virgil Hawkins--I think that's his given name)
Origin: Altered Human/Induced Mutant (exposure to mutagenic gas)
Form: Normal Human (he doesn't look weird, unless you count the hair;-))
Fighting: Typical (I don't recall seeing him get into too many up-close fights)
Agility: Excellent (probably erring on the generous side here, but he seems fairly capable athletically without being real competition level)
Strength: Typical (probably could be argued for Poor, but I'll be nice)
Endurance: Excellent (he's in decent shape, and this will help survival)
Reason: Good (maybe only Typical, but he seems fairly creative with his powers)
Intuition: Good (this is probably somewhat kind, but what the hell)
Psyche: Good (he can be kinda stubborn, but this might still be being nice)
Health: 52
Resouces: Feeble to Poor (he's a HS student with no apparent income of any sort)
Popularity: 20 as Static (he's pretty well known locally) / 5 as Virgil (he's been on TV once or twice due to his father's community center work)
Known Powers:
Electrical Emission and Control: maybe Incredible to Amazing (this allows him to be fairly powerful without being overly powerful)
-Stunning Blast: presumably he would learn to manifest his electrical blasts so that they only deliver a power rank Stun effect (though one could debate this)
-Static Cling: using static electricity to stick opponents to buildings, walls, etc. (in the Justice League crossover, he stuck Flash's feet to a metal bridge, slowing & then stopping Flash; Flash was mind-controlled by Braniac at the time)
-Magnetic Control: Static can effectively employ this power at Remarkable level at least (he's lifted single cars with his powers)
-Flight: by using static cling to adhere his feet to his disk (don't recall what it's suposed to be made of) and electromagnetically propelling himself through the air, Static can fly at decent speeds (he once caught up to a prop-driven cargo plane shortly after takeoff by pushing himself somewhat harder than normal.....)
Limitation: Static's powers are vulnerable to any phenomena that disrupts electromagnetic fields, such as increased sunspot activity, etc. Such phenomena can potentially reduce his power level (or temporarily negate his powers) or even temporarily boost his powers (by up to, say, +1CS)
Talents: Aerial Combat (he maneuvers pretty well on his flying disk), Targeting (+1CS to Agility FEATs to hit with his electrical blasts, as a courtesy), Student
Contacts: As Static, he has contacts with Gear (Ritchie, his "sidekick"), as well as Superman, Batman & Robin (he even knows Batman's secret ID), and the Justice League (having helped them defeat Braniac). He also has fairly friendly contact with reformed villain Rubberband Man (it's sort of like a professional rivalry type of thing, plus Rubberband Man has an on/off romance with Static's sister)
As Virgil, he has contacts with his father (and through him, the community center his father runs) and his sister, Sharon

Well, that's what I could think of.......
Feel free to debate, argue, add anything you can think of that I forgot, etc.
August 10, 2004 05:45PM
Hey Reddy,

You gonna post stats for any of the rest of the crew? (Gears, some of the bang babies, ect...)
August 10, 2004 05:58PM
Static Shock has crossed over with Batman: the Animated Series, Justice League, and Batman Beyond; all take place in the DC Aniamted Universe. I predict it wil never crossover with Teen Titans, not will any of the other show cross over with TT, due to the vast difference in style (both animation & tone).

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
Johnny1
August 10, 2004 07:20PM
They all seem similar in that they are all simplified comic characters drawn in the Bruce Timm style - the TT deviates with it's manga style exaggerated expressions. However, Robin looks very similar to his doppleganger in the Animated DCU Batman Series.
I could see them leaving out the "Ally McBeal" caricature graphics and the TTs could crossover with any of the series.
:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

August 11, 2004 12:43PM
The Disk was made of Mylar.
hammer of justice
August 15, 2004 10:32AM
dr.archeville you might as well say that static shock is DC because on the animated series when theres guest heros that come to dakota (where static lives)like batman and superman ect. its always DC never marvel dark horse ect.
August 15, 2004 07:50PM
Hunh? Where did I say Static Shock was not DC? I said that SS has crossed over with Batman and Justice League.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
hammer of justice
August 16, 2004 02:53PM
i know you didnt say he was'nt DC i was just saying
August 16, 2004 03:43PM
Uhhh.... what are you saying?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
hammer of justice
August 16, 2004 03:56PM
that static shock is oveously DC
August 16, 2004 08:05PM
Yes... he is... no one's said otherwise.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
Johnny1
August 18, 2004 12:43PM
I think somebody likes you Doc.....:bow:

May 22, 2005 05:09AM
Anyone else come up with any of the characters from the show? Or perhaps a more defined version of Static?
Maybe he's not entirely electrical
May 23, 2005 08:54AM
He displays more magnetic based powers than electrical. He moves objects a lot, and flies on the disc. I think he either has both Electic Generation and Magnetic Manipulation, or he uses the Shocking power stunt from Magnetic Manipulation.
Re: Maybe he's not entirely electrical
May 23, 2005 10:21AM
I'd say he's a more toned down version of Magneto. He's mentioned that his power's were electro-magnetic in nature in on episode, he also performed an em-pulse before.
Re: Maybe he's not entirely electrical
May 23, 2005 11:01AM
I got this off of a fan-site which got it from the official site. (I couldn't get to the official site from work.)

Power/s - Manipulation, production and conductivity of Static Electricity and Magnetism.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.