Count Nefaria

Posted by Mr.Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Count Nefaria
July 17, 2003 03:11AM
Did I read this guys powers right? Un.100 T.I. and Mn. hyper speed on top of Un.100 strength. When was this guy last in a book cause I gotta see him in action.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
Re: Count Nefaria
July 17, 2003 05:15AM

He died, the powers he recieved shorted his life span significantly.

"To win without risk is to triumph without glory"
Epyon
July 17, 2003 08:00AM
But before that, Nefaria wiped the floor with the Avengers, including Thor.
July 17, 2003 02:34PM
The old write-up does say this...
"Against fire, cold, or acid based attacks his protection is somewhat lessened, being of only Monstrous levels."

ONLY Monstrous.... right.....

July 18, 2003 11:19AM
I saw him again in a Avengers comic (UK collection reprinting Avengers from 1-3 years ago), and the scientist in the group made a calculation that at the rate Nefaria was fighting (er, easily smashing ALL Avengers left and right of him), it would take around three weeks at the rate he was using power for it to drop a little.

So... um... yeah. ;-)
July 18, 2003 01:59PM
Nefaria WAS insanely tough... until he burned out, anyway. I dunno about T.I., since T.I. is such pure cheese.
Quantum Promise
July 19, 2003 02:40PM
I seem to recall that he came back as yet another being powered by the ever nebulous "ionic energy". Wonder how that worked out for him.
July 19, 2003 03:14PM
From what I remember, he came back as an Ionic Energy Vampire in some issues of Thunderbolts, and was planning on using Atlas/Goliath as a big slurpee.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
metaphysician
July 19, 2003 06:17PM
Yeah. Ionically-empowered = will never, ever die permanently.

Basically, by powering Nefaria in this manner, they have given him an established precedent for reviving at a whim.
July 20, 2003 12:18AM
So what would his new stats read like?

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
Quantum Promise
July 20, 2003 10:08AM
Wolfspider the second
July 22, 2003 05:29PM
Nah, all Nefaria would do is make Wolfspider itch a little. :)
July 22, 2003 05:55PM
It'd be a short fight, lasting more than 1 round only because of that cursed TI.

I realized, for no real reason last night, that a CL1000 punch would instantly demolish Iron Man's SKIN armor.

July 22, 2003 08:46PM
Any C1000 attack should demolish anything made by a mere mortal (even one as intelligent as Tony Stark)....

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
July 22, 2003 09:20PM
True, but it would also destroy Thor. In one hit.
Is cl1000 str even allowed on Earth? I though it was limited somehow.
Surely hypothetically one couldn't actually use karma to reach that level even if they did have the karma to spend could they?
I just always had a feeling that SHZ is a type of cut off point.

metaphysician
July 23, 2003 08:01AM
I would ask what the f*** this "Wolfspider" is, but I'm afraid of what the answer is.

Hopefully, its just something like "stupid twinked powergaming character."
July 23, 2003 08:28AM
Wolfspider -- [www.classicmarvel.com]

Post Edited (07-23-03 07:30)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
July 23, 2003 12:04PM
You know, I think that's possibly the single most concise and accurate summarisation of Wolfie that I've ever seen.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
July 23, 2003 02:45PM
I'm not really talking about him, so much as the idea of a normal sized person having CL1000 str. And can abilites be shifted through karma that high in theory at least?

July 23, 2003 04:47PM
Well, technically speaking, if we followed comic book law instead of stat law, someone like Superman was recorded in DC comics to be able to press/lift 8,000,000,000lbs, right? That's... 4 million tons he can press, which just shows how ridiculous stat-building can be sometimes...

The "Class 100" thing developed for characters who could press/lift over (or well over) 100 tons was never fully developed, I don't think...

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.