My Big Bang

Posted by Warlock 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My Big Bang
May 21, 2003 08:23PM
This is how the universe unfolded in the Warlockverse and how THE POWERS came to be. Keep in mind this is stream of thoguht writing and after almost 2 years is still in its first draft.

First Second- In the very first moment of the Big Bang Eternity, Death and Galactus was born. Eternity being first he represents all that is and Death is the ending. Galactus is that cosmic wild card with some purpose unknown to all. Well that first instant couldn't go on forever so Infinity was created to represent Time and Space as the expanding matter and energy needed someplace to go. At that same moment Oblivion was created to represent the opposing forces of Nothingness that constantly work against the natural flow of Time and Space. Moments later the Matter and Energy began combining into sometimes orderly and sometimes more chaotic shapes and combinations. So the need arose and so Lord Chaos and Master Order came to be.

1 Year- the Universe's center becomes denser and starts to warp time, space and the very life energies of the universe itself around it's core and the Celestial Axis comes into being. Eternity and Infinity know that eventually the still non-existing races of the universe would try and use it for their own means. So they create Eon and charge him with protecting the Celestial Axis. Eventually he extends this protection to the slowly burgeoning life as well and occasionally he appoints a mortal as a Protector of Life.

1 Million Years- Soon after the first rudimentary forms of life gain sentience, Mistress Love and Master Hate were born. They represent the emotions most prevalent in living creatures.

1 Billion Years - a space faring race evolved into vast power. It spanned billions of planets and they were almost unto gods their technology was so great. When they had discovered almost all their was to know about genetic manipulation they began to experiment on millions of the worlds and billions of species. The Cosmic Beings of the Universe knew it was time to do something before they tampered to greatly with the Life-forces of the universe on such a scale. Eternity and Death eventually used their vast powers to simply erase all but 11 of their species. Death took their lives and Eternity repaired the damage they had done. The one's that were left became servants of the very life force they once sought to dominate, their mission now to constantly roam the Universe helping life evolve and change thereby staying fresh and invigorated and never stagnating or becoming dormant.

3 Billion Years- A race known as the Watchers leave their home world and relocate all over the universe. The Watchers were the first race to evolve into the niche that the Celestials left when they were transformed by Eternity and Death. Originally the Watchers decided to assist the races around them to attain high levels of technology and (they hoped) civilization. Unfortunately, their good intentions were lost on some of their charges. One race to whom they gave nuclear technology created genocidal weapons, destroying two civilizations. Shocked by the results of their interference, the Watchers decided that they would only observe the universe and never again interfere transformed by Infinity into Cosmic Historians.

5 Billion Years- A galactic explorer happens to come out of Hyperspace directly in the center of the Cosmic Axis. It infuses him with such power that it could do irreparable damage to the very fabric of Space and Time itself. Master Chaos and Lord Order, the caretakers of the mystical energies that permeate the universe, sensed the danger and transformed the mortal into the first Sorcerer Supreme so he could withstand and control the energies enough to disperse them slowly and carefully. After the mortal dissipated the energies he was left with a portion of his two creators powers and responsibilities. He was given the name of The In-Betweener and now serves as the link between his dual masters and the mortals of the universe, especially the Sorcerer Supreme.

5 1/4 Billion Years- Death senses that the masses see the example of the Celestials and the Watchers and start to lose their fear of Death, as they know that if their race evolves far enough they will become virtually immortal. Death found a ruthless and cunning being named Mephistopheles from a distant planet and imbued him with powers to torment and instill fear in the masses once again. He rules a fiery pocket dimension. Mephisto calls his extra-dimensional realm "hell" in order to exploit most beings' belief in a single being of absolute evil. He also allows himself to be called names that beings give to their conceptions of devils, such as Mephisto, a shortened form of Mephistopheles. Indeed, Mephisto has allowed the human race to believe him to be Satan himself. Every race has a name for him and they all know what that name means. Evil!!

DG X(

Marvel > DC
Juddain
Re: My Big Bang
May 21, 2003 08:51PM
Nice work. I really enjoyed this and it gave me a better understanding of the cosmos of my universe. :-)

May 22, 2003 01:47AM
Very well done.:bounce::bow::bounce::bow::bounce:

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
May 22, 2003 02:16AM
No mention of the Living Tribunal? :)
May 22, 2003 03:21AM
This is good. I might steal a thing or two. A lot from standard Marvel i see. Any inspiration from The Sandman on the Lords and Masters of primary forces?
May 22, 2003 03:35AM
Like the Spiderman villain Sandman?

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 22, 2003 05:17AM
Nice. There's a liitle more detail you told me about but it looks like your universe has a solid core.

Jesus Saves! The rest of you take damage.
May 22, 2003 05:51AM
Hardy-har-har, Warlock! :)

Just in case you, weren't sarcastic: No, I meant the Neil Gaiman character. Morpheus. The Lord of Dreaming. This guy: [www.geocities.com]

But I take it from your answer that the small similarities are pure coincidence.
May 22, 2003 07:43AM
Never read it. Now that you mention the writer I recognize the name, although I thought it was a detective type story for some reason. For some reason the image of a guy with a gas mask and gun pop to mind. Does this have anything to do with the story or have I partaken of too many illegal substances throughout my life?

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 22, 2003 08:06AM
Oh I just saw your link. Detective story. I was way off base. :)

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 22, 2003 08:24AM
The only connection between your story and The Sandman was really the personfied primary forces. Some of Sandman's siblings are Death, Destiny, Desire and Destruction.

But there is a detective guy with a gasmask who calls himself Sandman as well, so you're not that far off.
May 22, 2003 09:13AM
Ah, that must be who I was thinking of.

Serafita,

No I didn't mention him as i figured to fit into my world there wasn't much to change, plus he predates the Big Bang and will be around after it is gone.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 22, 2003 09:19AM
I think that Sandman (the one with the gasmask) actually met the real Sandman once... though he wasn't sure if he was dreaming or not... regardless, that detective person meets Dream once more during "The Wake"... in a way. ;-)
May 23, 2003 10:14AM
I thought that Galactus is older then the Universe. Galan of Taa IIRC.

Be Mine the Doom --
Sufficient Fame --
To perish in Her Hand!
-- Emily Dickinson - Be Mine the Doom
May 23, 2003 12:42PM
He is.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
May 23, 2003 08:59PM
Well technically Galan of Taa is older than the universe. Galactus was created at the moment of the big bang. Just as Reed Richrads is technically older than Mr. Fantastic.

I know a fine hair to split but anyway.

DG X(

Marvel > DC

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.