The Brood

Posted by Mr.Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Brood
May 16, 2003 11:31PM
I was just reading some of the races under aliens and noticed it doesn't have the broods eggs listed. Anyone happen to know what the intensity of this "ability" is.
I mean their abilty to turn others into brood.

Post Edited (05-16-03 22:31)

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
Re: The Brood
May 17, 2003 06:40PM
I'd say at least Amazing as Wolvie's healing factor just barely fought it off.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 18, 2003 11:20AM
yeah i seem to remeber it being in one of the books but I am not sure, most likely its in Children of the Atom.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
May 18, 2003 09:03PM
Probably.

Actually I just got the uncanny x-men box set, let me go check and see if it's in there....

well it has what are called the Brood Mutants. Apparently at some point a Brood ship landed on earth and a guy named Harry Palmer (hairy palms?) found it and was turned into a walking egg layer for the Brood. It says if he can penetrate the armor of a person they must then make an Endurance Feat and if they have any sort of Healing or Regeneration than they are immune.

Not very potent in this form it seems.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 19, 2003 01:17AM
I remember that, Brickbrat, whiplash, and such. X-men kicked their tales and killed them. Think they tried to lay another egg in Wolvie too. Not sure at my age you forget alot of stuff.

August 01, 2003 01:43AM
The ability of the Brood in "infest" another has never been gone into in great detail. Even in Children of the atom..It gives no actual ranks. I usually just use the Endurance of the Brood type that is implaced.
August 01, 2003 01:48AM
Humble's mad bumping frenzy returns.......are we up to the first or second sequel?

I can resist everything except temptation--Oscar Wilde
August 01, 2003 01:56AM
As for the Brood topic......I found some SAGA stuff on 'em that mentions a parasitic implantation type Power, but it only lists the Queen as having it, AND the Intensity they give the power would only translate at roughly Good rank (using reverse-engineering on the MSH to SAGA info on this site)....so that's not very helpful

hmm...maybe give the lowest-level Brood drones the power at Good rank, and raise it by +1CS for each higher group caste (soldiers, queen, etc.; not sure what levels the Brood have....are they based around general insect lines?)

August 01, 2003 02:07AM
We are still on the original go-round. I havent quit yet. I just keep finding things that "must" be commented on.
August 01, 2003 02:46PM
Actually, I like it because it prevents redundant topics from being posted.

August 01, 2003 03:20PM
Recycling......it's good for the planet....:)

August 02, 2003 01:46AM
Not sure but it doesn't seem like it is an easy thing for Wolvie's Healing factor to overcome.

August 04, 2003 03:15PM
It wasn't, but that was a queen implant.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.