THANOS vs Superman

Posted by Warlock 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: THANOS vs Superman
August 01, 2003 03:40PM
If it did, he could just fly around the world really fast and undo the kiss.

Actually my favorite power of his is his Rebuilding The Great Wall of China power. Now that was funny. Superman IV, I think.

Post Edited (08-01-03 14:42)
August 01, 2003 04:52PM
>In The End Thanos saves the entire universe, as well as being the one
>who enacts the "no more coming back from the dead" rule.

Apparently, Aunt May has a CL5000 resistance to the rule...
August 01, 2003 07:35PM
Has Aunt May retunred from the dead since Marvel: The End came out? If her return was before The End came out, then the rule wouldn't affect her.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
August 01, 2003 07:50PM
If not, I'd bet money she will. Prof X, too.

August 01, 2003 08:26PM
Aunt May came back, before Thanos' decree (which is actually official now, now more coming back from the dead).

The End just finished like 2 weeks ago and Aunt May has been back for better than a year now.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
August 01, 2003 08:30PM
That's assuming the character actually dies. No amount of power can prevent perceived deaths.

metaphysician
August 01, 2003 10:11PM
Only way Superman wins is if he claims TKO due to Thanos laying on the ground, laughing his @#$%& off and refusing to fight.
August 02, 2003 12:15AM
LOL

DG X(

Marvel > DC
August 02, 2003 01:39AM
I think Thanos would actually let Supes think he's got the upper hand by allowing him to land a shot or 2, and then beat the alien crap right out of the big blue boy scout.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
August 02, 2003 01:57AM
So Aunt May can still have 17 heart attacks and then get up and bake cookies, right?:)

I can resist everything except temptation--Oscar Wilde
August 02, 2003 02:05AM
Well yeah. Major health trauma is the secret ingredient. :)

DG X(

Marvel > DC
August 02, 2003 03:13PM
Thanos has psionic powers. Therefore, he can defeat Supes with them.

Someday there will be no racism.
Thats the day aliens will attack.
Then we will all hate green people.
August 02, 2003 03:32PM
Thanos shouldn't need psionic powers. Thanos should be able to @#$%&-slap Superman one handed, without looking.

However, if DC are writing, Superman will either produce a new power, or push himself further than ever before, and somehow overcome.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
August 04, 2003 03:10PM
Somehow they passed each other by on the power scale. Pre-Crisis Superman would crush the old Thanos, but not these days.
He'd have to outsmart him which seems pretty unlikely.

August 04, 2003 07:35PM
yup, Pre-Crisis Superman would just use his Memory-Erasing Kiss on Thanos and make him forget all about his Death fixation.

And, yes, Pre-Crisis Supes did use a Memory-Erasin' Kiss a few times in the comics -- it wasn't something entirely made up for the movie.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
August 04, 2003 07:58PM
Didn't know that. Did he have a Great Wall of China Rebuilding power, too? How about telekinesis?

I'd love to see Pre-Crisis stats w/ all the varied powers.
Bet he could take WolfSpider.

August 05, 2003 01:33AM
with just one kiss.......;-)

August 05, 2003 02:51AM
Poor Death. Just imagine it, Thanos ran away with Superman.

That's enough to drive even Marvel anthromorphic personifications of a idea mad with jealousy... or something...
August 05, 2003 04:11AM
Yes, but Death still has Wolfspider to turn to......:):hot:

August 05, 2003 08:44AM
Supes & Thanos together, damn who's the man in that relationship???

"I am the Rocks of the Eternal Shore, crash against me and be broken"

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.