Groo the Wanderer

Posted by Spirit 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Spirit
Groo the Wanderer
September 18, 2002 08:32PM
Ok, here's Groo. One thing to note: these stats are a bit over the top to reflect his abilities shown in his comics. Don't take them seriously, and feel free to tone them down.
As always comments and suggestions are welcome.

Groo The Wanderer

f:In a:Pr s:Gd e:Am r:Fb (1) i:Pr p:Pr h 104 k 9 res:Pr Pop:-20

Known Powers:
Sword Supremacy: Am
Regen: Gd
Beserker: Gd
Prob Manipulation: Bad: Rm, Un for ships

Talents:Weapons master

Ruferto (dog) f:Ty a:Ty s:Pr e:Ex r:Ty i:Gd p:Ty h 36 k 22
Epyon
Re: Groo the Wanderer
September 19, 2002 12:01PM
I used to LOVE Groo... is Sergio Aragones still doing stories about him?
Spirit
September 19, 2002 02:15PM
Yeah he rocked.
Last time i know of was the series for Image.
It was actually better than the first series. More political and cynical.
November 01, 2002 05:43PM
I HAD to drag this out when I saw it... Groo is one of the funniest comics around. The stats seem to match up pretty well, but no Rufferto? Come on, we gotta get some stats for him too... and maybe Pal and Drumm.

Jesus Saves! The rest of you take damage.
Spirit
November 01, 2002 05:51PM
Thanks, I really appreciate that. Groo rocks.

I snuck Ruferto in at the bottom. Sorry about that.

Notice the dog's higher reasoning.... :lol:

I've read some issues (Death of Groo is easily a top 10 graphic novel), but I'm not familiar enough to stat the other characters.

Feel free to post your best guess and I'll defer to them here though.
November 02, 2002 05:13AM
Spirit,

You may have under rated the dog's Reason, but that debatable; but Groo, with a Feeble reason? Are you insane? Groo is the best case I've ever seen for a character with less than Shift 0 reason. I mean, ok, since there is nothing under Shift 0 presently, so if you had said Shift 0 I'd have had to give you that one, but being 2 CS off on his reason? Man, I'm ashamed for you. :lol: Groo is the only person I ever saw loose an arguement to a houseplant.

G

If electricity comes from electrons; does that mean that morality comes from morons? G. Carlin
November 02, 2002 05:45AM
Wow Gerrod I never even thought of that. I mean feeble is a little high for a guy who says 'he who steals my reputation steals trash!'

Anyone else know any good Grooisms?

Spirit
November 04, 2002 04:36PM
Well, I suppose if the Beyonder can have his own column (even when he no longer exists technically) Groo may as well.
How hard could it be to make up the numbers for a Groo column to the left of sh0?

Seriously though, if you want him stupider, just use his bad luck power against him on reason rolls.

Sorry can't think of any grooisms off hand.
November 05, 2002 04:55AM
Groo Column

99-00 Green Roll. Everything else is white (or blue if you use that sort of thing)

November 05, 2002 06:49AM
I always thought Groo got real old real quick. Funny at a first glance but not much to it really.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
Spirit
November 05, 2002 05:29PM
You have to read the later Image issues and the graphic novel to really get it.

It got a lot more satirical and political later on.

I have an issue about these lizard guys who do all the menial jobs for slave wages and have to pay a toll to cross the river back and forth to their land. Some of them illegally immigrate.

Groo shows up and reverses everything, so the old masters end up the slaves, but things are still corrupt.

Weird stuff.
November 06, 2002 04:53AM
Groo is just fun to read. The splash pages are great, literally covered with all sorts of cool images, and its cool to see protagonist that is not good or evil, just Dumb.

November 06, 2002 04:59AM
While I agree, I used to sit down with stacks of yours Tormain and I found that after reading only a couple they became rather bland and other than what town he was destroying thru stupidity they all seemed the run together.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
Spirit
November 06, 2002 02:55PM
There's certainly a tried and true formula to Groo stories just like Gilligan's Island or Three's Company.

But the subtlety is the rarest and neatest part in each comic. The art alone is full of so much detail it would make Byrne cry.
August 04, 2003 03:02PM
I feel ignorant. But who the hell is this guy?

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
August 04, 2003 03:04PM
gasp......:-o

I envy you, you have quite a lot of good reading ahead ...

[www.groo.com]

Post Edited (08-04-03 14:06)
August 06, 2003 12:48AM
:mad: You do not Know the name of Groo!!!!!!!!!:-o
Groo the mighty, all powerful, and extremely comical warrior.:-o

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
August 06, 2003 02:12PM
Even better was Sergio Destroys The DC Universe. Great book. Made fun of the gritty '90s DC heroes. Batman rocks in that book.

Never read Sergio Massacres Marvel, though. Anyone know if it's any good?

August 06, 2003 04:56PM
Wow.
DC [www.milehighcomics.com]

Marvel [www.milehighcomics.com]

And this I didn't even know about ... Star Wars [www.milehighcomics.com]

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.