New X-Force?

Posted by SaintObvious 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
SaintObvious
New X-Force?
April 02, 2002 07:28PM
hey guys...here's something to wrap yr brains around.

anyone feeling froggie in wanting to set up stats for Milligan/Allred's new X-Force? Orphan, U-Go Girl, Vivisector, Anarchist, Spike, Doop, Phat and Dead Girl (not to mention Saint Anna, Bloke Zeitgiest and the others dead X-Forcers) need writeups...

any takers?

sean...
Re: New X-Force?
April 02, 2002 07:42PM
U-Go Girl? You have got to be kidding? PLEASE tell me you are kidding! U-GO Girl?!?!?! I am so glad I stoped collecting back in like '94. Althought I must say the new Ultimate line is very fresh and worth a read.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
SaintObvious
April 03, 2002 11:30AM
actually Edie (aka U-Go Girl) is one of the most interesting characters in the new X-Force...who else but Allred and Milligan could make a speed-addicted narcoleptic mutant with teleportation powers (with an illegitimate child raised to believe she's her sister and an obsession to be X-Force team leader) so damn compelling? seriously, it sounds weird written down, but the story and dialogue is actually quite compelling...

sean
Last Year's Man
April 11, 2002 01:10PM
I have to plug this as well. X-Force is one of the most innovative super-hero comics I've seen in a long time. It's not overly serious in its tone, in fact it's very playful, perhaps even flippant at times, but it takes on serious subjects, the most obvious one being celebrity and media logic.

With Milligan writing it, and seeing what it's been about so far, I'd be surprised if it doesn't turn outright existentialist any time soon. If it hasn't already...

Very witty dialogue, sharp and to the point.

Extremely clever! And exiting too!

Warlock: Ultimate is a bit of fun, I agree. This is very different. But try it out! Unless you've stopped buying comics entirely.

And I hear they're changing their name to X-Statics...

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.