The Flash

Posted by Warlock 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: The Flash
August 07, 2003 02:54PM
True, but in the issue in question he was written as if he were powerful. He specifically tells himself he can't beat Spidey because he didn't want to use his heavy weaponry in the city. Meanwhile Spidey pounded on him in a rage.
It wasn't a normal fight.

August 09, 2003 01:45AM
I know someone who is always wanting to play the Spectre but i will most deffinetly not allow it, his argument is that the original spectre always dealt with street level crime.
Not happening in my game.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
August 09, 2003 01:52AM
I think she-hulk would beat spidey, yeah he would jump around and dodge all over creation but sooner or later she'd get him and If i am not mistaken he would tire long before she would.

" I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. "
August 10, 2003 12:55AM
Doc,

you're not actually suggesting that Spider-Man would get beat by the Scarlett Witch and not by Captain America? He's going to get beat by Ant-Man but not by She-Hulk? You sure you didn't accidentally switch a couple of these?

DG X(

Marvel > DC
August 10, 2003 10:19PM
Last I checked, She-Hulk was just a Brick with good looks. Spidey can easily take down Bricks.

I do not by any means say that these fights would be easy -- certainly in a melee fight Cap'd clean Spidey's clock, but Spidey's agility is better and he knows Caps a better fighter, so he'd be doing everything he could to stay out of Cap's reach. Scarlet Witch's magics & hex powers make her abilities so unpredictable and far-reaching, Spidey's have a very hard time dealing with her (especially when, with a lgance, she can cause his webshooters to clog up or explode, and she can magically telekinese him up into the air).

Post Edited (08-10-03 21:22)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
Silvbolt
August 11, 2003 10:48AM
Well, Golden Age Spectre was pretty much that. He Dealt With Unavenged Street Crimes (AKA Mobsters and Gangsters). During that time, Spectre was no where near to what he is now. However, like I said, it really up to the GM to make the game more or less balance if you user character like these. :)
August 11, 2003 01:17PM
But all She-Hulk would have to do is hit him twice and he's in la-la land. Meanwhile with her BA how is he going to be able to stop her without punching her a thousand times? Plus most of the Bricks he goes up against are morons, ala Rhino and the like. She-Hulk has a Thing type body with the mind of a lawyer.

Scarlett Witch would have to contend with the fact that she has like 3 Health. Maybe on the first round she does clog his web shooters, but by the second round Spidey has knocked her out cold. Plus her Telekenisis isn't as strong as Parkers Wallcrawling. So all he'd have to do is stick to the ground instead of a wall and viola.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
Meandering off topic.
August 11, 2003 01:47PM
Yeah, She-Hulk always reminds me of this guy I know.
A gigantic Scotsman who's a Paratrooper Colonel, served with the SAS, and also has a degree in law.
Remind me never to make that comparison to his face...

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
August 11, 2003 02:17PM
"She-Hulk has a Thing type body with the mind of a lawyer."

Something is very scary about this line...

August 11, 2003 02:21PM
Spidey can't damage She-Hulk, true, but I never said he could, I said he could take her out. And his Webbing hardens to Mn/75 strength, so if he lays down enough of it, he can bind her. Also, while it is true that 2 of Jen's blows could KO Spidey, she has to land those blows. Their Fighting is equal (according to this site's write-ups), and Parker's agility is higher, so all he'd have to do is stay out of melee range of her -- wshich he can easily do.

Scarlet Witch has 56 Health, so she could withstand one or two of Parker's blows (especially since he so rarely uses his full strength). And while Parker's leaping about, trying to avoid her Eldritch Blasts, he's not clinging to anything, so her TK could easily snare him. Besides, her Hex Manipulation powers can cause whatever surface he's on to buckle and warp and throw him off if she needs it to ("Localized earthquake -- what're the odds?," "Hard to stick to wet paint, ain't it?," "Pity about that crumbling masonry -- it certainly looked solid enough.").

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
August 11, 2003 02:42PM
Aren't Scarlett Witch's powers undependable?

Also, Spidey could simply charge SheHulk (game rules) and injure her.

August 11, 2003 03:52PM
I'm not saying it wouldn't be a fight and you couldn't argue that it could go either way, I'm simply saying in the game you give me She-Hulk and Spidey and I'll beat Spidey and Witch any day (does that make sense).

DG X(

Marvel > DC
March 27, 2006 10:54AM
Here is an old thread I ran across while looking for something else.

Flash has to actually "switch-gears". His Hyper Speed is something that he Can have on at all times..But he doesnt..He lives a life like most heros with secret Ids.
April 03, 2006 10:09AM
I just saw an episode of JLU in which Lex Luthor's mind is switched with Flashes. Man, Lex knew how to use the Flashes powers better than the Flash did I think. I mean, I've seen the Flash get taken out plenty of times, but Lex-Flash just went right through everything and everyone.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.