Starjammers

Posted by wal lace 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Starjammers
February 16, 2002 08:23PM
Just wondering - does anyone out there have stats for the Starjammers, or do I need to write my own?
Help appreciated, please, especially as I'm not sure of the roster other than Corsair, Hepzibah and Sikorsky.
Re: Starjammers
February 17, 2002 01:32AM
I have seen stats for them but they are quite old. I will look to see if I still have them here somewhere.
Gerrod
February 17, 2002 11:30AM
Well, I can give you what i found with a quick search for Corsair, the leader of the StarJammers, which includes a good bit on him and the names, at least, of the others, in case you're not able to find anything else on them. I hope it helps.

Corsair: Major Christopher Summers

History: Over thirty years ago U.S. Air Force test pilot Major Christopher Summers was flying himself, his wife Katherine Anne, and their young sons Scott and Alex in a private plane down the Western American coast from Alaska when it was attacked by a starship from the Shi'ar Empire on an exploratory mission to Earth. The Shi'ar, aboard the craft, pursued Summers' plane to prevent his making their presence on Earth known. The Shi'ar craft fired on Summers' plane, a rebuilt DeHaviland Mosquito, made of wood, causing it to burst into flame. Unable to find more than one usable parachute in time. Katherine Anne Summers put it on her older son Scott, told him to hold onto Alex, and pushed them both out the plane door, thereby hoping to save them. Thus Scott and Alex escaped the Shi'ar; although Scott suffered a head injury in the fall which would later affect his powers as Cyclops.

Christopher and Katherine Anne Summers were teleported aboard the Shi'ar starship and taken to the Shi'ar Imperial Throneworld. There Christopher Summers was separated from his wife and imprisoned. He broke free and discovered the corrupt Shi'ar emperor D'ken attempting to rape Katherine Anne. D'ken responded to this interruption by murdering Katherine Anne before Summers' eyes, and then ordering Summers sent to the slave pits, where criminals and political prisoners were held.

In the slave pits Summers met Ch'od, a Saurid, a Mephitisoid whom Summers nicknamed "Hepzibah," and Raza, a Shi'ar cyborg. Ch'od and Hepzibah were both members of races that had been made subjects of the Shi'ar Empire. Together the four escaped the slave pits and stole a starship. They called their ship the Starjammer (they have had at least two starships by that name) and themselves the Starjammers, and began engaging in space piracy, thus taking vengeance on the Shi'ar by plundering their starships, but taking care not to harm innocent passengers in the process. The Starjammers therefore were regarded as outlaws by the Shi'ar Empire. Summers was the leader of the Starjammers, whom he led under the name of Corsair. He adopted this name out of his love for tales of adventuring swashbucklers, and he patterned his costume and behavior as Starjammers leader after these fictional heroes of his. Others, such as Binary, have joined the Starjammers since the team was formed.

The Starjammers met the X-Men when the two groups teamed up on a world in the Shi'ar Galaxy to battle the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, who were then serving D'ken. One of the X-Men, Jean Grey, used her telepathic powers to probe Corsair's mind and learned that he was the father of Scott Summers, who had become the X-Man known as Cyclops. At Corsair's request, Grey kept his true identity a secret from Cyclops, but both Cyclops and his brother Alex, now also known as Havok, have since learned who Corsair really is.

Since they had aided her against the machinations of her brother D'ken, the Shi'ar Princess Lilandra, once D'ken had been deposed and she became empress in his stead, put an unofficial end to the Shi'ar Empire's opposition to the Starjammers. However, the Starjammers again became outlaws, since they were known to be Lilandra's allies, once her sister Deathbird, staged a coup d'etat and seized the throne. The Starjammers have since aided Lilandra and the X-Men in their struggle against the alien Brood, who were Deathbird's allies.

Height: 6 ft. 3in.
Weight: 175 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

Strength Level: Corsair possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.

Known Superhuman Powers: None

Abilities: Before being taken to the Shi'ar Galaxy, Major Christopher Summers was already a superb pilot, and thanks to his military training, skilled at the use of various weapons and at hand-to-hand combat. As Corsair, he has made himself into a brilliant starship pilot. He has also greatly improved his skills at hand-to-hand combat, and has mastered the use of various Shi'ar weapons. Corsair has also become a highly accomplished swordsman.
Gerrod
February 17, 2002 12:44PM
Oh yes, and depending on when you are setting this: Here are a few things I found about Warbird that might help.

Real Name-- Carol Danvers

Identity-- altered human

Occupation-- writer , adventurer , former NASA security cheif / intelligence officer , former magazine editor , former space pirate

Affiliations-- Avengers , formerly Starjammers , associate of X-men

Base of Operations-- nationwide , formerly galaxywide

Powers-- Warbird possesses superhuman strength and resistence to injury, as well as the ability to fly. She can convert ambient energy into powerful blasts.

As Binary, Carol tapped into the powers of a white star, enabling a transformation into a deep-red skinned humanoid with flaming hair and allowing herself to fly through space at sub-light speeds. By focusing the cosmic energies within her, she could emit and control all portions of the electromagnetic spectrum. Her perceptions of energy flux around her where heightened to cosmic levels.

As Ms. Marvel, Carol enjoyed the superhuman strength and invulnerablity similar to her current powers, as well as flight and a "Seventh Sense" which granted her precognitive visions.

History-- Carol Danvers entered the Air Force at an early age and rapidly rose to become one of the leading agents in military intelligence. Upon leaving her work as a spy, she became security cheif at Cape Canaveral for NASA, where she met the Kree hero, Mar-Vell, the first Captain Marvel.

During a battle between Mar-Vell and his Kree foe Yon-Rogg at a hidden Kree base on Earth, Carol Danvers was accidentally irradiated by the unknown energies of the Psyche-Magnetron, a device built by the Kree for communication as well as for weaponry. The radiation from the machine eventually augmented Carol's entire genetic structure, granting her super powers. Assuming the guise of Ms. Marvel, she faught crime and alien invasion. During this time, she worked as a magazine editor in New York City and earned the friendship of many other heroes, even becoming a member of the mighty Avengers.

Soon after joining the Avengers, however, Carol was used by Marcus, son of the extra-dimensional time traveller Immortus, in an elaborate scheme to escape his prison in Limbo by impregnating Carol with himself. Marcus was born into our reality through Carol, and would have died. Carol, believing to be acting under her own influence, fled to Limbo with Marcus, only to have Marcus die and stranding Carol in Limbo.

Eventually, Carol escaped, but later she was defeated by the power-absorbing mutant named Rogue. Danvers lost virtually all of her Ms. Marvel abilities and all of her memories. With the help of the mutant telepath, Professor X, Carol was able to recover her memories, but the emotional ties to them were gone.

Travelling with the X-men, Carol was abducted by the alien Brood, who subjected her to an evolutionary ray which triggered the latent potentional of Carol's Kree-enhanced genes, giving her super powers which led Carol to call herself "Binary." She soon joined the space pirates known as the Starjammers.

During the Kree-Shi'ar War, Carol was deeply wounded in battle and returned to Earth to recouperate by her Avengers teammates. Carol decided to stay on Earth to attempt a re-establishment of her former life, but found her lack of emotional ties to her memories an insurmountable barrier. In addition, the power source that Carol derived her Binary powers from began to fade. Around this time, Carol developed alcoholism.

Breifly teaming up with the Avengers against Morgan Le Fey, Carol changed her code name to Warbird, her Binary powers soon completely depleted, and returned to an earlier version of her costume, trying desperately to be accepted by the Avengers. Although they did extend active membership to her, Carol's alcoholism became an increasing detriment to the team, endangering lives and compromising Carol's judgement. Carol quit the team when the group held a formal inquiry into her actions.

Carol turned to the Seattle area for residence, pursuing a writing carreer. She has been able to help Tony Stark, Iron Man, in an occaisonal battle, and Stark has tried to help Carol battle her alcoholism.

Last Known Appearance: Warbird appears as a guest star in Iron Man's regular series.
February 24, 2002 09:03PM
Okay, thanks. My world is a few years ahead of the MU (as of 1999/2000), so I won't be using Warbird.
I figure I'll just model Corsair, keep his crew in the background, and if the players try anything eject them onto an alien world (might do that anyway. See how they react) (Yeah, I'm a control freak. Aren't we all?).
The swordsmanship's an interesting one...

-Wal
February 24, 2002 09:23PM
From Children of the Atom:

Corsair
Major Christopher Summers
Human
F 20 R 10 H = 80
A 30 I 10 K = 26
S 20 P 06 R = Ex
E 20 P = -10 / +10

Weapons: Phase Jewel Gauntlets. When the jewels are touched two fully loaded blasters appear out of the air into Corsair's hands. When he no longer needs them they dissappear. (no stats listed)

Talents:
Piloting
Leadership

Other Star Jammers Generic Stats:

F 20 R 10 H = 60
A 10 I 10 K = 26
S 10 P 06 R = 20
E 20 P = -10/+10

CH'OD
Strength and Endurance are Amazing
Body armor = Excellent
Martial Arts A, C, & D, Amphibious, and Philosphical

HEPZIBAH
Remarkable Night Vision
Retractable Claws : Good Edged Attack
Enhanced Smell / Tracking: Good
Ship Repair and Astronavigation (Rem. Reason)

RAZA
Cybernetic Eye - Normal vision
Bionic Arm - Incredible Strength
Ambidextrous, suffers no penalties with either arm.

SIKORSKY
All abilities are Poor ecxept reason which is excellent
FLight - Poor Air Speed
Medical Skil - Incredible Reason

WALDO

Waldo is the name of the Starjammers intelligent computer aboard their star ship: STARJAMMER. It has excellent body, feeble air speed, remarkable controls, and unearthly reason.

Hope that helps. I will post any changes from the X-Men roster book if there are any, but my fingers and eyes need a rest.

Ciao

Dx
:hot-hot-hot:

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.