Spectre and the Ultimates

Posted by Tomm1013 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tomm1013
Spectre and the Ultimates
February 09, 2002 04:50AM
I didn't see stats for The Spectre anywhere. Any idea of what this guys stats and powers are? I know he is a cosmic being and power out the.....
I was also wondering if the stats would change with the ultimate titles. I know beast ended up with enhansed senses, and Saertooth has claws like Wolvie's, and the Goblin now that is a big change.
Re: Spectre and the Ultimates
February 10, 2002 02:51AM
I was also interested in some of Image Comic characters. Spawn, Supreme, Pitt, and a few of the others.
Bruce Lee, Eric Draven, And a few other famous people and movie/TV characters have made appearances in some of my games. I will attempt to post some of the stats I came up with for them at a later time.
Any input in this area to would be helpful.
Warlock
February 10, 2002 05:47AM
I don't know if stats would change as much as how you played those stats. In the Ultimates Prof. X wipes part of Bobby's (Iceman) memory clean without much hesitation and even tried to influence Cyclops by releasing endorphines into his blood to calm him down. I guess you could say that the powers have changed based on how powerful they were when they banded together the first time as compared to how powerful they are this time around, but I don't think that really is the same. They just took them at their power levels now and put them in the situation of being "supposed" beginners. I don't know if theis helps but there it is. :)

DG :bounce:
February 10, 2002 09:38AM
For the most part You are right. Most of the characters are the same. Some have changed though, most dramaticly would be the Green Goblin.
Juggernauts new look is taking some getting use to, and leads me to wonder to any changes in his powers too.
Thanx for the imput Warlock.
Warlock
February 10, 2002 02:47PM
Yeah, I guess the Green Goblin has changed :) to say the least. He has changed dramatically. I would give him strength equal to spidey at least and have his Pumpkin Bombs be innate instead of equipment. I compare him more to Demogoblin (I think that was the name of the Hobgoblin after he sold his soul to that demon)than the Green Goblin.

I also must say that after much trepidition I love the ultimates. Don't get me wrong, I like the core comics still, but the Ultimates put a new spin on old favorites like Spidey and the Prof. I mean just seeing Kraven as a Crocodile Hunter wanna be is worth the price of admission.

Also I must say that I have been waiting for Origins to come out since I was about 7 yeasr old.

Price of comic: a couple bucks
Finding out Logans past: Priceless.

DG :bounce:
February 10, 2002 05:34PM
I am going to admit that the Ultimates have grown on me and I too enjoy reading them.
Wolvie's origin, what can I say. About damn time, and man is he old.
March 17, 2002 08:31AM
I just started buying the Ultimates comic and man, oh man, does that comic rock. I like the idea that it's the Avengers but, it's also nothing like the Avengers. I may have to start buying some of the other Ultimate titles if they are anyway near as good as that one.

Judging by the Iron Man suit in Ultimates 2 I think that the suit is nothing like the normal Iron Man suit (not that I've read Iron Man since they turned him into a teenager).
metaphysician
March 18, 2002 08:05PM
Agreed.

I'd say that most of the Ultimate Avengers would need new write-ups. The Hulk seems to work differently, for instance, and Captain America is quite a bit more superhuman than in normal continuity.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.