Real Stats for the HULK! My version.

Posted by Meanstreak 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Meanstreak
Real Stats for the HULK! My version.
January 18, 2002 10:13PM
Hello fellow gamers. Since were throwing stat adjustments around like baseballs, I've decided to offer up my awesome version of The Incredible Hulk. This is the merged Hulk version before the Heroes Reborn version came about. In my universe, Doc Samson's merging of his multiple personalities in issue#377 back in 1991 was a permanent and lasting cure for Dr. Banner, and he also thru training with Doc Samson gained the ability to switch forms at will like She-Hulk used to do. Here he is, enjoy.:

The Incredible Hulk
F IN(40)
A GD(10)
S UN(100)
E UN(100)
R RM(30)
I EX(20)
P RM(30)
Health:250
Resources:GD(10)
Popularity:-10

Powers:
True Invulnerability:MN(75)
Regeneration:UN(100) (YES he deserves it!!)
Invulnerabilities:CL1000 vs. Fire/Heat, Cold, Diseases, and Radiation.
Leaping:CL5000
Astral Detection:UN(100)
Adrenaline Surge-Hyper-Strength:When angry or in combat, Strength and Fighting may raise +1CS per round to a maximum of ShZ(500) in each. There is no increase in Health with the shifts. If his opponent or opponents are defeated, his abilities return to normal the very next round.
Talents:Chemistry, Computers, Physics, and he's a world-reknown expert in Radiation.
Contacts:Dr. Strange, Sub-Mariner, Rick Jones, She-Hulk, Avengers, and the Fantastic Four.
Now if you'll notice, there are some very minor but respectable changes to him which differ from Petunia's listing of him. We differ on the Regeneration thing, but I've just seen too much that he's done both in comics and in a few of his novels that to me, warrant the UN(100) ranking. I also give him UN(100) endurance which he most certainly deserves I think. Thanks, Meanstreak.
Gunther
Re: Real Stats for the HULK! My version.
January 18, 2002 10:36PM
Interesting, here is my version.Hero Name: The Hulk
Given Name: Robert Bruce Banner
()

Fighting: Remarkable (30)
Agility: Good (10)
Strength: Shift Y (200)
Endurance: Unearthly (100)
Reason: Feeble (2)
Intuition: Typical (6)
Psyche: Remarkable (30)

Health: 340
Resources: Shift 0 (0)
Popularity: Shift 0 (0)

Height: 7'6"(5'9" as Banner)
Weight: 1,150 lbs.(128 lbs. as Banner)
Skin Color: Green(as Hulk), White(as Banner)
Hair Color: Green(as Hulk), Brown(as Banner)
Eye Color: Green(as Hulk), Brown(as Banner)

POWERS:
Body Armor: Physical attacks (Unearthly)
Body Armor: Energy attacks (Amazing)
Invulnerablity: Fire, Heat, Cold, Radiation and Disease (Class 1000)
Regeneration and Astral Detection (Unearthly)
Hyper-Leaping (Class 5000)
Hyper-Breath(range of 4 areas) (Amazing)
Adrenaline Surge: The listed abilites and Health scores are for the Hulk under "normal" circumstances.
The Hulk's Fighting, Strength and Body Armor may be raised +1CS to a maximum of Shift Z to hit and damage under special cirumstances. Every round the Hulk is in combat with the same opponents, he receives this shift. If the opponent or opponents are defeated, the Hulks abilites and Health scores return to normal in the next round.
Special Detection: For some unknown reason, the Hulk is ablie to locate the place he was "born"- Desert Base, New Mexico- with Power rank ability (Class 3000)
Alter Ego: When the Hulk is calm, he reverts to his true form of Bruce Banner. And back to the Hulk with intense anger. Banners stats are:
Fighting-Typical
Agility-Typical
Strength-Typical
Endurance-Typical
Reason-Remarkable
Intuition-Good
Psyche-Good
Health:24
Resources:Poor
Popularity:Good

TALENTS:
*All talents as Bruce Banner only*
Biology(Radiobiology)
Chemistry(Spectroscopy)
Computer Science(Computer Engineering, Software Engineering and Programming, Virtual Reality)
Engineering(Electrical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Repair/Tinkering)
Medicine(Radiology)
Physics(Atomic Physics, Energy and Particle Physics, Quantum Physics)

CONTACTS:
The Avengers(founding member as the Hulk, has close ties as Banner)
Rick Jones(close friend and occasional partner)
Doc Samson(friend and Psychiatrist)
She-Hulk(Jennifer Walters, cousin)
General "Thunderbolt" Ross(father-in-law, very strained, but has been a ally of sorts as Banner)
The Defenders(founding and current member, group currently includes Doctor Strange, Sub-Mariner, Silver Surfer, and Ghost Rider)

DESCRIPTION:
As the Hulk, appears as a exstremly large and muscular green humaniod with brutish%
Meanstreak
January 18, 2002 10:43PM
Good writeup, more detail to the Talents, I just figured anyone who knows him would understand. Banner's Intuition is EX(20), according to the Avengers-Coast-To-Coast supplement, and he deserves it. Good is too low for a man that went to the finest schools in the nation and is world-reknown in his field, he's got to be pretty intuitive too me. He should have True Invulnerability at MN(75), with the same ranking of protection against both physical and energy attacks. I use the merged version Gunther because he is so much more formidable and he's more fun to play, from a playtest point of view. Just my take on it. Thanks, Meanstreak.
Gunther
January 18, 2002 10:49PM
I understand. I just have a love for the old wandering Banner/savage Hulk. I do, however, use the greater size of the merged Hulk if you noticed.

Also my version gets a increase in Health. This is debatable, but I think this reflects him getting harder to beat as well as more powerful as he gets angry.
Gunther
January 18, 2002 11:38PM
Well you have a interesting point about the intuition. I used the original stat from the Advanced Book for that one. However, seeing that his Reason is one rank higher than the listing for the average Scientest Reason, and the average Scientest has a Intuition of Good, I think you are right by giving him the Excellent Intuition. He should be more intuitive than the average scientest as much as he is more intelligent. I think ill change that.

But if you notice, I changed Banner's Psyche from Typical to Good(from its original 1986 listing). I would think from what he has been through that would make sense. Not sure if the Avengers-Coast-To-Coast changed that as well. Its one of the few TSR modules I don't have. Thanks.
Gunther
January 19, 2002 12:56AM
Oh, and I think he should have Unearthly protection from physical attacks. In my view, only characters with Unearthly strength or higher should be able to hurt him. Then again I think most originally stated Unearthly level characters should be Shift Y, so that is one of the reasons I have it at that level. It reflects how I play them better. But if you keep them at Unearthly, it should work fine for how you have him listed.
Meanstreak
January 19, 2002 04:13PM
Sounds like some good points. Thanks for your input Gunther. The Avengers Coast-to-Coast is an OK book. It's hard to find, I found mine on Ebay. Later, Meanstreak.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.