Infinity Watch

Posted by Warlock 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Warlock
Infinity Watch
January 15, 2002 05:40AM
I recently got the Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade and noticed some things about some of the characters. I understand that you can't change every character for every comic. But I did notice that Gamora seems to be not very strong for someone that was smacking She Hulk around. I think her strength she be at least Excellent or above and her figthing at least Amazing. She is a trained killer created by Thanos himself to kill the Magus. Not to mention I read a comic once were she smacked Thanos around. It was before he was slain and resurrected I think, but she still put the smack down on him for a minute. I think Drax should be stronger as well but raising it anymore would make him unplayable, although raising his Strength boost from Shift-Y to Z would work as he is as strong as the Hulk when he gets mad. Not to mention the little Gem he has tucked into his gullet that would surely boost his strength some when called upon.

My thoughts.
DG :bounce:
Meanstreak
Re: Infinity Watch
January 16, 2002 08:43PM
Drax as strong as the Hulk my friend Warlock? What? I don't think so. What? Maybe with his little gem he could cheat and hang with the Hulkster, but not by himself. What? Hulk would pound him right into the smackdown hotel. What? Sorry, Warlock, I've watched too much WWF lately. I agree with you on Gamora, but not Drax. Later, Meanstreak.(formerly D. Goforth)
Warlock
January 17, 2002 08:23AM
Well if you are talking of the comics I agree, but if you are talking about how they fit and work within the game as stated then you have to give Drax a max of Shift-Z Strength IMO. Even before the Power Gem came along I believe he had a strength max in the low Shift range and now with the Infinity Gem there can be no doubt as to the height it should reach. I agree the Hulk is the strength badass, but all fanaticism aside you have to make the characters as good they are within game terms. I mean Thanos has a strength of Shift-Y. Like I said I believe it has been proven that when mad Drax is just about the strongest on the block. The strongest? Probably not, but definatley close.

Just to strengthen my arguement some I am looking at issue #4 of The Infinity War. Starting on page 12 I see Gamora putting the smack down on Rogue in one panel then She Hulk in the next. In one panel you see the Torch flying at Drax and in the next the Destroyer not only has Johnny by the throat, but he is completely ignoring a blow from the Thing. In the next panel (the one Gamora is putting the spank on Rogue) you see Ben flying through the air @#$%& over tea kettle. Next page you see Drax standing toe to toe with the Hulk while Gamora has that chik from Alpha Flight holding onto one arm, Wolverine holding onto the other while she still smokes Cyclops in the puss with her heel. Finnaly she has to get put down by Big Guy from X-Factor. Next page we see the Hulk on top of Drax's back trying to chok him while Drax still hammers Hercules into the ground.

I know you can't change everything all the time but I think this clearly proves that at the power levels shown they (especially Gamora) could not come close to accomplishing these tasks. Besides they have Infinity Gems, that has got to count for something especially in the Destroyer's case. The way he would call on the gem would be instinctual and manifest itself as an increase of physical powers like increased strength and body resistance.

That's my opinion anyways. :D
DG :bounce:
Meanstreak
January 17, 2002 07:49PM
Yeah, I see your point. Maybe a base strength for Drax of ShX(150). He's stronger than people like Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Gladiator, at base levels, but after a dose of adrenaline Hulk is whupping up on his butt. I would say he's stronger than Thor and Hercules, definitely. It's been awhile since I've read the Infinity thing, so my memory is kind of faulty. another thing though Warlock, I can't get over the whole Onslaught thing. The combined might of Earth's hero's could'nt beat him, but in the end, once the true savage Hulk was released, he punched thru Onslaught's defenses. that was cool. Later, Meanstreak.
Secret Defender, Inc.
February 07, 2002 03:18AM
Yes Warlock, it would seem that The Deadliest Woman in the Universe has demonstrated STR FEATs that exceed her rank found in the "official" sourcebooks. The way I resolved it was by applying the Martial Arts Supremacy rules from the Ultimate Powers Book. In the comics I have seen where Gamora has wrecked a Armored Personel Carrier/Battle Tank with her bare hands all the while single handedly repelling an invasion of a convential military force landing on Monster Island! But fellow True Believer, do not default to Strength so quickly...consider her combat talents and then plug in the Martial Arts Supremacy @ +2CS of her Fighting Rank. I highly recommend all players and game judges to re-read the UPB from time to time just to remind them that raising FASERIPs is not always the most logical course. FYI: Gamora temporarily paralyzed Thanos with a well placed Nerve Strike that he had taught her how to use years before. BOTTOM LINE:..A Fighting FEAT augmented by her martial arts talents, experience, and Martial Arts Supremacy. And it was probably a Red FEAT helped along by a little Karma.
Ironman 2020
Re: Infinity Watch - I have it!
February 10, 2002 11:03AM
According to the Marvel Universe 1992 update here are Drax and Gammora's stats. (at the time of ths writing I am rushed and have not reviewed Auntie's spin on this):
Drax the Destroyer:
F = IN(40)
A = RM(30)
S = UN (100)
E = UN (100)
R = FB (4)
I = FB (4)
P = AM (50)

POWERS:

Above listed stats are from Power Gem boosts. Normal Stats are as follows:

F = 10
A = 20
S = 40
E = 50

Immortality - cannot be slain by conventional means.

Life Support, Regeneration, Recovery all - UN (100)

Invulerable to heat, cold, electricity, radiation, toxins, disease. (no rank given)

Force Beams - Amazing

Flight - Class1000 in space, Monstrous in Atmosphere.

Talents
Resist Domination

Contacts
Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer

Gamora

F = IN(40)
A = IN(40)
S = EX(20)
E = IN(40)
R = GD(10)
I = EX(20)
P = IN(40)

pOWERS
TIME GEM - Warping and manipulating time - Shift Z (500)
* Summon alternate future counterpart
* lighting Speed
* Multiple attacks
* Paralyzation others
* Suspend Animation - Self and others
* Teleportation.

and others

Talents
assassin
martial arts A-E
thrown weapons
sharp weapons
navigation
ariel combat
spacecraft piloting.

I apologize for poor tpying, and if these are the same stats as listed on this site, please forgive this theft of your precious time parts.

Ciao,

Mw
:hot-hot-hot:

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.