Write up Request by The SKYCUTTER & RAGNARoK

Posted by Death Dealer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Write up Request by The SKYCUTTER & RAGNARoK
April 08, 2007 03:11PM
I was hoping I could get the Skycutter to do a write up on Wolverine, Doomsday, & He-man! I would also like to ask RAGNARoK to do a write up on Skeletor! The reason why I'm asking these two forum members to do the write ups on these characters is because of the detail they put in to all of the write ups they have done in the past. I also believe their write ups are closer to the way the characters are in the comics they appear in.
Re: Write up Request by The SKYCUTTER & RAGNARoK
April 09, 2007 09:14PM
*blushes* Well... golly... I.... I don't know what to say.... except... WE RULE!

I'll see what I can dig up on good old Skeletor. I think I have an old He-Man Eternia Atlas book floating around in my library. Hmm... I wonder how much I can get for it on eBay. Any way, I also recently watched He-Man The Movie and might be able to pull some details on bone head. He was actually a minion of another mastermind at one point. I forget his name, but he was Sherra's nemesis.

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically
April 09, 2007 09:18PM
Hordak and his Evil Horde were the head-ache of He-man's sister She-Ra, but because of the prevailing 'give the female characters less of a challenge' mindset of the day he was quite incompetent, unlike Skeletor.
April 09, 2007 09:19PM
amen to that.

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically
April 09, 2007 09:20PM
There should still be links or character data by Skycutter on at least He-man and Wolverine on the site. The Wolverine write-up Skycutter posted within the last few months if memory serves, in regards to a similar request, along with a Hulk write-up. Keyword search on Skycutter.
April 10, 2007 01:10PM
I'm almost done with Skeletor. I just need to figure his stats is all. I found tons of details on his back ground and questionable history. I even made educated guesses on the Ranks of his weapons of choice. I hope he's to your liking when I'm finished. I'll admit that the Magic aspect in the Marvel system isn't my strong point; in fact it's my weakest point of knowledge. I do have a rough idea how things work though.

flam-ing.
-noun

-verb (used with object)

-Verb phrase

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 01:11PM by RAGNARoK.
April 10, 2007 06:12PM
Here you go Death Dealer, the stats on Doomsday, He-man, and Wolverine.
[download.yousendit.com]

The Skycutter

April 11, 2007 08:18AM
Skeletor

The Warlord Formally know as Keldor, Half Brother of Randor

F: 30

A: 20

S: 30

E: 50

R: 10

I: 30

P: 30

Health: 130

Resources: 40

Popularity: -80

Height: 6'

Weight: 220lbs.

Powers and abilities
Skeletor possesses an array of mystic powers that seem to vary on a whim and is an extremely powerful sorcerer with control over a vast range of dark magical powers. He is usually armed with a magical weapon or two as well.

Dark Magic: Skeletor is able to wield all the powers listed below at Rm30 Ability.

*Lighting* (gains a +2CS on Damage if targets are holding or wearing metal objects.)

*Energy bolt* (from eye +2CS to hit target or through his hands with no bonuses to hit but he gain +1CS damage if target is touched)

*Teleportation* (Self & Others) over vast distances.

*Telepathic Commands* to his minions

*Open Gateways* between dimensions

*Remote viewing*

Weapons
*Havoc Staff:* a long pole of Ex20 material strength crowned with a small replica of a ram's skull and a crystal ball of Gd10 material strength embedded within. He can discharge bolts of mystic force from the head of the staff, Am50 intensity or use it as a focus for more powerful forms of magic granting a +2CS to his innate magic ability.
Sometimes Skeletor has displayed the ability to discharge energy from his own body where he casts lightning from his hands and where he projected energy from his fingertips and even his eye sockets at Rm30 ability. His innate powers seemed much more limited; though his abilities when in conjunction with his Havoc Staff seemed nearly unlimited in scope and highly potent in raw power.

Unique Weapon: Skeletor sometimes possessed one of the "halves" of the *Sword of Power*. He doesn't fully understand the potential of the weapon so he'll normally fall back onto his Havoc Staff for his main defense but he will use this weapon only against he-man. This half is equally as dangerous as it's sister blade of the Sword of Power and also has CL 1000 Material Strength; The Sword of Power has special magical properties that allow the sword to cut though Physical Materials, Mystic Barriers, and Force Fields with Shift-X (150) Power Rank Damage on the Edge table. Skeletor will attempt to strike for the maximum power rank damage available on the Edge table with The Sword of Power if he is fighting a living person. From this weapon he could also project magic energies up to Un100 intensity.
*Reflection* (Energy/Magic): UN (100) Power Rank ; To Reflect Magical Attacks and Energy Attacks. These Attacks can be redirected back at the Sender with an Agility Feat Roll.

Bone & Leather Harness with cross bone symbol: GD (10) Protection from Physical Attacks, Ex (20) Material Strength.

Talents
As a master of the mystic arts he is privy to much secret knowledge about the universe. He has also shown himself to be a gifted swordsman.

*Weapons Mastery*,
*Sharp Weapons*,
*Tumbling*,
*Leadership*,
*Occult* (Eternia & Infernia),
*Pilot* (skymobile),
*Guns* (Blaster Pistol),
*First Aid* &
*Quarterstaff*

Dragon Blaster: In addition to Skeletor's powers depicted above, he had some energy-draining chains that inhibit abilities at -5CS intensity minimum of Fe2 and he was aided by a little dragon that could spray a sleeping mist from its mouth at In40 intensity with in a 10 area radius.

Terror Claws: This version of Skeletor had claw gloves known as the terror claws. Strangely, Skeletor wore his "original" costume in which he used the terror claws and are made of Am50 Material, and deliver Ex20 EA Damage.

Disk of Doom: Material Rm30 Gd10 EA: and a disk launcher, rarely used so Skeletor continued using the Havoc Staff.

Battle Sounds: Skeletor transforms into his "Battle Sounds" version after eating Ambrosia, a miraculous food made by the Andreenids, Buzz-Off's people. As Battle Sounds Skeletor, he's stronger and more powerful and can do the following stunts.

Shock Waves: Skeletor can somehow direct the vibrating pulses through his arms. These attacks are considered to be Am50 Rank Force blasts at a range of 10 areas in surrounding areas -1CS intensity per area going out. He can also affect a living body, delivering Gd10 Force Damage and compelling the target to shake uncontrollably until a successful Endurance FEAT roll is made against Ex20 Intensity. Each round the shaking continues the victim takes Ty6 Damage.

Force Field: Skeletor can cause vibrational defense field to protect himself with Gd10 Resistance against Energy Attacks, and Rm30 protection vs. physical attacks. He can combine this power with his Seismic Waves, reducing his chance to hit by - 1CS but requiring the target to make a Power FEAT against Am50 Intensity resistance to close on Skeletor.
Battle Armor: Skeletor can don battle armor. A being called Sortech sent the battle armor to Skeletor which grants Skeletor In40 vs. physical and Ex20 vs. Energy attacks.

Panthor

F:Rm30

A:In40

S:Rm30

E:In40

R:Ty6

I:Am50

P:Ex20

Health: 140

Panthor's Armor: Ex20 Protection from Physical Attacks, Rm30 Material Strength.

Claws and Bite: Ex20 Rank Damage

Enhanced Senses: Am50

Tracking: Am50

Night Vision: In40

Running: 4 areas/round

Panthor is Skeletor's evil feline companion, a giant purple panther who serves as an evil counterpart to Battle Cat. Panthor is portrayed as Skeletor's pet, being at the right of his throne. In battle, Panthor dons an armor that allows Skeletor to ride him. Sometimes, Skeletor acts cruel and nasty to Panthor but, when compared with Skeletor's behavior to his other henchmen, Panthor is relatively well treated. Panthor was only ridden twice. He was also portrayed as the only thing Skeletor was actually attached to. He never berates Panthor, and in fact talks to him more on the level of equals than he does with any of his other warriors, with the possible exception of Evil Lyn.

History
Skeletor is the arch-enemy of He-Man, and the main antagonist of the Masters of the Universe. He is the greatest threat to present day Eternia. He seeks to conquer Castle Grayskull so he can learn all of Eternia's ancient secrets which would make him unstoppable, and which would enable him to conquer and rule all of Eternia. Skeletor's origin is unknown, but is implied that he was once Keldor, the brother of King Randor

This inference occurs specifically in "The Search for Keldor," a story that involves Prince Adam and Randor searching for Randor's lost brother Keldor. When Skeletor learns of their quest, he muses that "they must never discover the secret of Keldor," as the truth will lead to his (Skeletor's) destruction. King Randor announces that Keldor disappeared years ago. "He thought to master magic-- when his experiments went wrong and he was lost in a dimension beyond time!" Skeletor had returned to Eternia from that unknown dimension.
It is likely that Randor's statement about Keldor disappearing to another dimension was an attempt to reconcile Skeletor being He-Man's uncle with his Extra-Eternian origins. To find what happened to Keldor, Randor and the Sorceress attempt to peer through the dimensional veil and Skeletor is none too pleased. Randor announces "I think I see Keldor... Or is it..." Before he can see anything else, Skeletor appears, determined to stop them from finding out any more. Although Skeletor is defeated, he is able to prevent Randor from discovering Keldor's fate. Skeletor's frantic effort to cover up what happened to Keldor, combined with the fact that Keldor vanished to another dimension when attempting to become a master sorcerer, is taken as heavy inference that the two were indeed one and the same. It's believed to some that Skeletor was Keldor, and that some sort of evil cosmic energies altered him. If anyone figured out that Skeletor was Keldor, they'd be able to find out what had changed him and might find some way to reverse it."
It's also believed that Skeletor's original name is definitely Keldor, However it seems unlikely that he would be related to Randor in this continuity, as he has Skeletor's blue skin and some other slightly nonhuman features whilst still Keldor. It is revealed that Keldor is the half brother of Randor; they have different mothers.

Another version of Skeletor history reveals that Skeletor was formerly a warlord known as Keldor who trained under Hordak. He gathered a small band of warriors (Beast-Man, Kronis, Mer-Man, Tri-Klops, and Evil-Lyn) to attack the Hall of Wisdom. They encountered resistance from Captain Randor and his officers; Keldor fought Randor personally, wielding two swords with astounding proficiency, but when Randor disarmed him, Keldor threw a vial of acid at him. Randor deflected it with his shield, and the acid splashed on Keldor's face. Kronis called the retreat, and Evil-Lyn took Keldor to Hordak's sanctuary, where Keldor summoned Hordak to save his life. Keldor agreed to pay whatever price Hordak wished for his life, and Hordak transformed him, stripping the damaged tissues from his skull and dubbing him Skeletor; Keldor's head had been completely stripped of soft tissues, leaving only a floating skull. When Keldor saw his new appearance, he laughed maniacally - the incident perhaps shattering whatever sanity he had left.

Trapped in the Dark Hemisphere by the Mystic Wall, Skeletor designed a machine that would smash it, but it needed the Corodite Crystal as a power source. When Mer-Man retrieved it, Skeletor destroyed the Mystic Wall, and returned to menacing Eternia.
Skeletor was not concerned with Castle Grayskull right away, until a giant fish-monster headed toward it and the "Masters of the Universe" (Eternian warriors led by Man-At-Arms and He-Man) stopped it, forcing Skeletor to ponder what could be in that ancient pile of stones worth dying for. (At the time, the Heroic Warriors seemed ready and willing to let Grayskull fall, and would likely have done so, if not for the urgings of Man-at-Arms, who had been swallowed whole by the monster.) He directly attacked it with his Council of Evil (himself,
Count Marzo, Evilseed, the evil Giant and Webstor). When King Hiss and the Snake Men were freed from the Void, Hiss imprisoned Skeletor, having him devoured by a giant snake, but Skeletor escaped after the Masters defeated Hiss.
Despite owing his life to Hordak, Skeletor destroyed Hordak's sanctuary to prevent him from returning. King Hiss revived Serpos, the Serpent God, who had been transformed into Snake Mountain by the Elders; Skeletor and his minions were inside the mountain at that time, although Serpos was defeated and restored to its Snake Mountain form. Skeletor and He Man dealt with the Horde invasion and the powerful Hordak, who it was said that Skeletor eventually had defeated.
Skeletor to date has still never accomplishes any real victory; thus far. While he may have his comedic moments, they seemed merely to add to his air of villainy, instead of detract from it. For instance, when he had a belt attached to him that weakened him when he had evil thoughts, it seemed to be funny to his evil warrior to see him be nice at first, but eventually it drove home his more homicidal tendencies, which became apparent at the end when he had the evil warriors strung up, telling them he was going to make them suffer for enjoying his "condition". When Evil-Lyn pleaded for mercy, he merely turned and said "I... think not" before dunking them in lava.

Role Playing Notes
Skeletor was portrayed somewhat as a bully towards his minions using his powerful abilities to threaten his followers or to silence them. He would also (as before) constantly blame his followers for their defeats at the hands of the Masters of the Universe and ruled through a policy of fear which made him somewhat different compared to King Hiss. Also he was shown to possess almost no loyalty towards his followers as demonstrated when he sends his own evil warriors into a trap to get captured just to lull the Masters of the Universe into a false sense of security. He even went as far as replacing them with his 'Council of Evil'. Despite this, he was shown to be power mad and unwilling to share the spoils of war; as demonstrated when he told Count Marzo, when questioned if they will gain anything from Castle Grayskull, that he would give them a reward if he felt like doing so. In the beginning, he demonstrated a deep rooted hatred towards King Randor for his part to play in destroying his face and making him what he is now; though he also attributes that to Evil-Lyn for saving him. This gradually shifts towards a hatred towards He-man for standing in his way constantly. Furthermore, his maniacal laughter can perhaps indicate that he might have gone insane by the loss of his face, something that is mentioned later when Kronis, who later became the villain Trap-Jaw, mentioned that Skeletor was no longer the leader he once followed. Finally, despite his evil, Skeletor has been known to grovel should his life be in jeopardy though this is usually an attempt to get the upper hand before betraying his 'savior' which was seen on a few occasions to trick He-man into dropping down his guard before attacking and escaping.

In the past he was generally portrayed as being less powerful than He-Man, with his occasionally bungling actions and personality, Skeletor was still portrayed as being extremely cunning and intelligent but with a lack of common sense and an arrogance that invariably lead to his downfall. Now, Skeletor appears to be more than a match for He-man.

A lot of this I found on Wikipedia and SKYCUTTERS He-Man helped me gage what to do for Skeletor's Stats as well as Panthor's stats

Here ya go Death Dealer, I hope this helps out.

flam-ing.
-noun

-verb (used with object)

-Verb phrase

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2007 08:21AM by RAGNARoK.
Re: Write up Request by
April 11, 2007 07:44PM
Thanks SKYCUTTER & RAGNARoK, these are the best write ups on He-man/Skeletor that I have ever seen. The two of you should do more character write ups together, You guys ROCK!!
April 12, 2007 07:48AM

We do what we can. :D

flam-ing.
-noun

-verb (used with object)

-Verb phrase

Skeletor Stats with Artwork.
April 13, 2007 10:00PM
I was inspired by RAGNARoK's write up on Skeletor! So I included some of my favorite Skeletor art into the write up to enhance it.
[download.yousendit.com]

The Skycutter

April 14, 2007 04:42PM
Sweet!

flam-ing.
-noun

-verb (used with object)

-Verb phrase

Re: Skeletor Stats with Artwork Updated Version.
April 15, 2007 05:43PM
As with everything it is always better the second time around!
[download.yousendit.com]

The Skycutter

May 03, 2007 01:39AM
Hey SKYCUTTER can you repost that file? Many thanks
May 03, 2007 05:20PM
Darkthorne, I'm working on a new write-up for He-Man and Skeletor that I'm going to post this weekend. But here is the Write-ups on Doomsday and Wolverine!

[download.yousendit.com]

The Skycutter

May 03, 2007 05:48PM
Sounds cool cant wait to see the new stuff for He-man and Skeletor... it should prove entertaining.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.