Question about the stats for supergirl

Posted by newguy62497 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
newguy62497
Question about the stats for supergirl
October 22, 2003 07:27AM
I haven't read a single comic with her in it since the crisis but I'd still like to use her in my campaign - mostly I like the image and that new costume they came up with for the cartoon.

Anyway here's the question: does she have all the same vulnerabilities as Superman? The writeup on site isn't really clear about that. Also that flame thing.... can she still do that?
Re: Question about the stats for supergirl
October 22, 2003 07:59AM
Well, she's not even vaguely Kryptonian, so she's got no vulnerability to Kryptonite. And the nature of her powers suggests she'd probably have fairly good protection from magic. So the answer to your question is probably no.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
October 22, 2003 04:56PM
Besides, the stats on this site don't represent the original Supergirl....as far as I know, the original Supergirl died during the Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline...

I can resist everything except temptation--Oscar Wilde
newguy62497
October 22, 2003 08:53PM
She did. That's why I was asking about this new supergirl and her vulnerabilities.
October 23, 2003 01:20AM
Personally, I always preferred the original Supergirl over the newer one....

I can resist everything except temptation--Oscar Wilde
daedalus25
October 23, 2003 10:59AM
To answer your question (since I'm a huge Supergirl fan), the powers on this site don't represent Linda Danvers in her final days. Actually I haven't yet seen a site accurately portray them.

Benjamin Reilly Presents (http://www.angelfire.com/mi/spiderman/) comes the closest, representing Supergirl when she lost most of her powers, but she got a few of them back since then.

As of the latest appearance of Linda Danvers, she doesn't have flame vision, but she can fly and has TK blasts. The stats on this site are pretty accurate, though. Basically go with those, the Force Field, TK bolts, and flight. That's pretty much all she can do now.
October 23, 2003 12:32PM
Wait A Minute.

I thought Matrix (aka Linda Danvers) had the same power as Superman. However, Linda Lee Danvers, the current Supergirl does not.

I remember reading that when Matrix and Linda switch places in history only to have Hal Jordan Spectre to mess things up again in the end.

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
October 23, 2003 03:57PM
Last time I checked, Supergirl was revealed to be one of 3 Earthborn Angels.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
October 24, 2003 07:47AM
Oy vey... and I thought Carol Danvers (Warbird) had a convoluted back-story. :-o
October 24, 2003 07:49AM
Bah, Warbird's tame compared to Supergirl's backstory!

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
October 24, 2003 08:51AM
That is the last re-write to supergirl's (Matrix) origin after the crisis. Pre-crisis Matrix, I believed, Had most of superman's power according to what was written in the new supergirl series.

This is the problem with DC.....knowing which story arch and timeline something happen is a b**ch!!

"It doesn't matter if I win or lose. Just as long as I pissed you off" --- Morrigian, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
May 01, 2007 11:25AM
The complexity in both Marvel and DC's continuity has helped me chose the DCAU DC animated Universe as a good place to set my games. I read some recent issues of the Supergirl comics and graphic novel, however appreciate the TV chacter just as much.

I've made DCAU versions of Kara In-ze as she appeared in DVD season 3 of Superman the Animated Series (age 16=?), as she appeared in Justice League Unlimited (age 20-21) and as a mature Cadmus clone Galatea (developmental age 27?).

One question that occured to me in stating various Kryptonians (Argosians in In-Ze's case) being are mature males and females stated the same? I did at first rating a mature Galatea the same as Superman then reconsidered.
May 01, 2007 06:07PM
Comics tended to have the males and females with a definite slant for the male being stronger and more powerful than the female. Some might consider it sexist but the effects of a yellow sun seem to exponentially increase the base strength and durability of the original non-powered form, so that the females are starting at a lower level generally and such are weaker super-powered as well. However it's been shown that doesn't stop a well-trained female being a match for a stronger male.

Faora (I think that's her name anyway) was a sadistic male-hating monster trained in a very lethal martial art originating on Krypton and more than compensated for the physical differences between her and Superman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2007 06:09PM by Nightmask.
May 02, 2007 08:57PM
honestly you may want to consider using the base Eternals stat line and then modifying it using the +/- CS random table in the players guide (the one for hi-tech battle armor).

As for powers i would presume all of them have the same abilities though developed to varying degrees.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
May 02, 2007 09:33PM
So how powerful would the Kryptonian equivilant of Captain America be on Earth empowered by a yellow sun?

May 02, 2007 10:07PM
Enough to hand Superman his head in a fight, considering Superman's really not had much option for any kind of extensive combat training like Captain America has.
May 02, 2007 10:09PM
Not to mention he'd be at the pinnacle of Kryptonian physical perfection.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.