Joystick

Posted by Punstarr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Joystick
April 27, 2007 09:03PM
Boy are her stats underrated... I'm reading Thunderbolts Civil War and she's portrayed as having Ultimate Skill: Martial Arts, or at least Amazing Fighting. She kicked the crap out of Speed Demon! Way cool, but she'd need powers to do so. Anyone have any ideas as to what her modern stats would be now that she's gained powers?

Re: Joystick
April 27, 2007 09:08PM
I'm not sure if can be said she gained powers, to listen to I think it was Baron Zemo II she'd become the living embodiment of action or motion or something to that effect. So basically like so many other marvel characters she'd been evolving into some kind of minor-level cosmic entity.

She also wouldn't be the first character to start out without powers and ending up retconned into having them (Cable being a prime example of that, going from a minor cyborg to the super-powered son of Jean and Scott).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 09:09PM by Nightmask.
April 28, 2007 12:23PM
Yeah but she does have powers now... what do you think they'd be? Hyperspeed obviously, but what else?

Yeah I remember when Cable was just a cyborg with a huge body and a teeny tiny head.

April 28, 2007 02:30PM
Hmmmm, I don't think Cable was ever reflected that way, instead he was more of an ex-espionage/Black Ops agent like Wolverine, just normal human (although near peak-human in all stats) with a cyborg arm (he's even shown repairing it early on), rather than some techno-organic disease that could self-repair.

Joystick probably had Hyper-Speed (without a tiring penalty from what it appeared), Hyper-Leaping, Energy Channeling (from what we've seen of her charging up her stanteons or whatever her clubs were called), enhanced motion-related perceptions (she was able to track moving objects going at incredible speeds, like Speed Demon, and project their future locations for accurate strikes with ease), Monstrous if not Unearthly Agility, Incredible Fighting, and probably some minor measure of super-human strength and Body Resistance.
April 28, 2007 07:58PM
Nightmask Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmmm, I don't think Cable was ever reflected that
> way, instead he was more of an ex-espionage/Black
> Ops agent like Wolverine, just normal human
> (although near peak-human in all stats) with a
> cyborg arm (he's even shown repairing it early
> on), rather than some techno-organic disease that
> could self-repair.

My comment was making fun of Leifeld's art. :P

>
> Joystick probably had Hyper-Speed (without a
> tiring penalty from what it appeared),
> Hyper-Leaping, Energy Channeling (from what we've
> seen of her charging up her stanteons or whatever
> her clubs were called), enhanced motion-related
> perceptions (she was able to track moving objects
> going at incredible speeds, like Speed Demon, and
> project their future locations for accurate
> strikes with ease), Monstrous if not Unearthly
> Agility, Incredible Fighting, and probably some
> minor measure of super-human strength and Body
> Resistance.

In any case, she's one bad babe.

April 28, 2007 10:02PM
Quite true, although as a villain can't pick her in the Draft. :)

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.