Frankenstein's Monster Question

Posted by Nightmask 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Frankenstein's Monster Question
April 25, 2007 11:52PM
Looking at the stat sheet for him after a long time without I was suddenly struck by the fact he's listed as having just a Poor Reason. Poor? He was able to learn english on his own and always shown being highly intelligent and clever (he did an amazing job tormenting his creator and successfully planning the murders of his loved ones). Shouldn't he have at least Typical, if not a Good Reason?
Re: Frankenstein's Monster Question
April 26, 2007 09:10AM
Well the novel version sure had a higher Reason, but the Hollywood version definitely had a Poor Reason.

April 26, 2007 09:40AM
Well that's because he was treated as a monster, and as we all know monsters aren't supposed to be smart. I'm going by the way he should be presented, in the novel.
April 26, 2007 10:04AM
Well I'm just sayin, whoever did the writeup was very likely thinking the Hollywood version.

April 26, 2007 02:45PM
Which is odd, considering the comic book version is based purely on the novel, complete to his tormenting his creator and driving him to his death in the arctic wastes. Definitely should have a Good Reason. The only reason he doesn't have higher level talents is because he's never had the opportunity to learn any, due to his rejection for his warped human appearance.
April 26, 2007 03:27PM
At first, the Marvel version made him smart like the book. But later he was changed to a child-like intellect later on. Definitiely, look at his appearanc ein the Invaders and Marvel-Team up during the 1970's. He has instincts but not intellect.
April 26, 2007 03:44PM
Don't you just hate when a writer comes around and thinks that 'all monsters should be dumb' or something else rediculous like that and screws with an established character like that? Especially when Adam's no more an actual monster than the Living Mummy, as both have been basically good guys (once Adam got over his creator's betrayal and rage at the world), doing good deeds, and treated as evil just because they aren't attractive.
April 26, 2007 06:11PM
I think the writers just assumed that kids (comics' target audience in the 70s) wouldn't get the novel version but could relate to the Hollywood version... like assuming kids watched movies but didn't read. Sadly, for the most part that's true to this day.

April 26, 2007 06:21PM
Well sadly it's treating kids as stupid and lacking in any real sense or brains that results in them not reading anything or much interest in reading and learning.
April 26, 2007 06:28PM
But can you deny that's how adults tend to treat children?

April 26, 2007 07:22PM
Oh no, it's quite how adults treat children in today's society, so as to make life worse in general for themselves and their kids, because now they're more of a pain even longer being told they aren't grown up even in their twenties.
April 27, 2007 02:31PM
He should have a higher reasoning,he was clever and cunning.I felt sorry for he was a Monster not by his choice but by Frankensteins arrogance to creat a twisted form of Human Life.I do understand why he tried to hunt him down and destroy him.Mary Shelly wrote a Master piece didnt she.
April 27, 2007 03:27PM
Well Adam was made a monster by more than just his creator's rejection, but by the actions of all the normal humans as well (like the people that attacked and shot him while he was living with and tending to the old blind man). Afterwards he decided if normal humans wouldn't let him live like other humans and treat him as a monster then he'd lower himself down to their expectations.

Yes she wrote an incredible book of literature that's molded the human psyche for more than a century, and led to much of the modern mindless fear of medical experimentation by people who don't really understand the novel and have never read it.
April 27, 2007 05:38PM
Your right to a point but some Medical experiments in History have been Horrible.And there is a certain stupidity toward Medicine and expermetation but there is a certain Truth in the Arrogance of Human Kind.
April 28, 2007 07:46AM
I like the version of the monster from Young Frankenstein. He gets Frederick's (or is it "Froederick"?) Reason at the end of the film and retains his physical prowess.

"Puttin' on the Reeettzz"
April 28, 2007 08:45AM
Young Frankensteien was so Funny:D
April 28, 2007 12:25PM
"I... am Frau Blücher!"

April 28, 2007 02:36PM
Great movie, and at the end you see the ending you always wanted to see; the monster gaining his place in society (and getting the girl :) ). There's quite an amusing anthro version called Dr. Minkenstein someone did last year with a female doctor and assistant, with the monster ending up wandering the countryside leaving a lot of VERY satisfied females (and a village of angry and envious men).
April 28, 2007 03:39PM
Lets not mention the Rocky Horror picture show Dr.Frankenfurter;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2007 03:40PM by Galactus 1.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.