Weird Idea Re: Death of Captain America

Posted by Metaphysician 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Metaphysician
Weird Idea Re: Death of Captain America
February 09, 2003 01:24PM
Basically, the idea is that, in some situation or other, Captain America dies. However, for various reasons, his spirit ends up in Valhalla. Eventually, he returns to Earth to continue fighting the good fight, only know, he's an Asgardian.

Now, in game terms, minimum effect is that his Strength and Endurance go up to Incredible, and he gains Good Body Resistance. Also, his other physical stats would no longer be capped, so he could boost his FASE scores even higher.

Any comments??
Re: Weird Idea Re: Death of Captain America
February 09, 2003 04:04PM
Interesting, but don't you have to either Viking or at least be a worshipper of the Norse Gods to get into Valhalla?

DG X(

Marvel > DC
February 09, 2003 04:13PM
I don't think it specified. A brave warrior who dies in battle with noble intent goes to Valhalla, whichever side he's on. The implication is that your enemy - whatever his religion - joins you at the feast.

Does Cap drink? 'Cause I can see him seriously sticking out.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
February 09, 2003 06:56PM
Cap drinks water, and tries to avoid alcohol. That's the impression I got when he first dined with Logan. ^_^; Logan couldn't detect ANY scene of alcohol on Cap. :lol:

Still, his fighting skill, it would be earth-max for a normal human, now that he's exposed to Asgard training, it's fair to say he'll learn quick?

Stats would probably be close to Thor, with more empathesis on speed and agility than on strength...
Metaphysician
February 09, 2003 07:32PM
Well, realistically speaking, Cap would probably get at least one rank beyond base Asgardian/Own stats for all physical abilities before long.

That would be about Mn Fighting, Am Agility Strength and Endurance.

I see his Leadership power going even higher, also, as he now has an actual divine aura, rather than a pseudosuperhuman charisma aura.
Epyon
February 09, 2003 09:32PM
According to at least one Marvel story, you don't need to be a Viking or a believer in Norse mythology to go to Valhalla. There's an old issue of the Defenders where Brunnhilda the Valkrie takes a police officer who sacrificed himself to rescue some kids to Valhalla.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.