Scorpion

Posted by Epyon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Epyon
Scorpion
February 06, 2003 05:29PM
Anyone have the updated stats for the Scorpion's latest suits of armor? He had one with a hyper-elongated tail and tail spike--the suit was also coated with a silicon treatment that prevented Spider Man's webbing from sticking to it. I seem to recall another, more recent armor that magnified the Scorpion's already superhuman strength...
Re: Scorpion
February 06, 2003 09:48PM
Epyon,

YOU are one armor-lovin' dude.

SDI
February 07, 2003 02:58AM
Come on Epyon, you KNOW you're dying to write up the stats yourself!!!

(I thought it was Rhino who had the anti-webbing armour).
February 07, 2003 05:32AM
The anti-webbing armour isn't trademark. Spidey is so pissed off about this, since it means everyone can have such a gimmick on their armour. Heck, even Dr Octopus II had anti-webbing or something, right? :)

I wonder if Spidey ever managed to work adamantium into at least one batch of webbing...
Epyon
February 07, 2003 10:01AM
Guilty as charged, Defender. I have an affinity for armor, I admit it. But I can't draw up the stats for the Scorpion's latest finery, because I don't have the issues where they appeared on hand. I suppose I can try to do it by memory.

As for Spidey having adamantium-laced webs, sorry, I don't think ol' Petey has access to adamantium. Besides, once adamantium sets, it is virtually indestructible, and part of what makes Spidey's webs so charming is that they distintegrate after about an hour. I don't think adamantium-laced webs would do that... and Spidey doesn't want to litter the skyscrapers of New York with adamantium laced webbing, does he? I mean, talk about giving JJJ another reason to sling mud at your friendly neighborhood wall crawler...
February 07, 2003 10:23AM
I occured to me that if Spidey marketed his webbing formula he'd make a killing!
February 07, 2003 10:50AM
Yeah, but in a old issue, Spidey mentioned wanting to work adamantium into his webbing at least twice... in one issue! :)

Of course, the problem of obtaining it, costs, and he'd better pray he doesn't accidently hit himself with it. Even secondary adamantium is of unearthy strength. :)

Of course, it would make a great capture weapon..

One thing which bothers me in Scorpion's stats compared to Venom...

Strength according to handbook.

Venom: Just under 11 tons
Scorpion: 15 tons

Strength on the site...

Venom: Amazing
Scorpion: Incredible

The mind ponders. :lol:
Epyon
February 07, 2003 12:29PM
Yeah, I think some of us discussed Venom's strength elsewhere on this site. I opined that Venom should only have Incredible strength...
warhammer
February 10, 2003 03:24AM
I have to pipe up on this one.
venom was stronger than spiderman. The venom suit gave him the same proportionate(key word-proportionate) strength of a spider that peter had, but the guy in the venom suit(cannot remember his name just now) was physically bigger and stronger than a normal parker in the first place, and then he actually went on a weight training regime to increase his strength even further. So, IMO, venom with a amazing str is about right.

And Carnage was stronger than venom was, but i believe that the Carnage symbiote was a mutation and was different than the venom symbiote. i think carnage str was Mon.
Eypon
February 10, 2003 08:42AM
I thought the reason Venom is stronger than Spidey is because Eddie Brock (the human part of the symbiote) is stronger than Peter Parker. Unless Brock was able to lift 30-40 tons BEFORE he joined with the symbiote, Venom should only have Incredible strength. Remember, in the Marvel roleplaying game, anyone who can lift between 6 and 29 tons is considered to have Incredible strength.

The OHOTMU lists Venom as being able to lift about 11 tons. That's Incredible strength. Carnage, who has been shown to be stronger than Spidey and Venom combined, can probably lift at least 25 tons...
February 10, 2003 09:57AM
I could confuse the subject even more and say that in the handbook, Spider-Man has never been stated to "lift 10 tons at optimal conditions". He can approximately lift 10 tons, indicating he COULD lift more.

But, back to the Venom issue. Venom can lift more than Spidey, because Brock, the human side, can lift around 700 to 750lb (not bad, huh? Kingpin can only lift 650lb compared to him).

A note about Kingpin. In his entry, in the handbook, it states that Spider-Man has a inhibitation with using his strength against people with no powers for fear of killing them. Has that point ever been covered before in a game?

Back to Scorpion... is this suit of armour the one during when that girl, Mattie, was being Spider-Man at the time? That one?
Epyon
February 10, 2003 05:10PM
Good point about Spidey's strength. But I assume that if Spidey could lift significantly more than 10 tons, the OHOTMU would have listed him as being able to lift "at least" 10 tons, instead of "roughly" 10 tons. In any case, he is not as strong as the Scorpion (who can 15 tons) or even the Lizard (who can lift 12 tons).

Your point on Venom is exactly on point. Venom can lift 700 to 750 lbs. more than Spidey. That means Venom should have Incredible strength.

As for the Scorpion's new armor, I couldn't tell you whether the latest one was where "Mattie" was Spider Man. I've never heard of her. However, I vaguely recall that Power Man and Iron Fist guest starred in the issue featuring the Scorpion's latest battlesuit, and that they were defeated...
TheStrife
February 11, 2003 01:17AM
Wasen't his tail also able to project a stream of concentrated acid? I have a few issues from year's back (AMS #370-ish) where he uses it against Spidey.
Epyon
February 11, 2003 10:17AM
I seem to recall that the modified tail had all kinds of weaponry, including a force blaster, atail spike, acid, and gas (I think mace). Interesting to think how much damage Scorpy could do if his tail was made of adamantium. If Wolverine can slice through titanium steel using his normal human strength, imagine what Scorpy could do when he whips his tail at someone.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.