The Ultimate Addendum Series

Posted by MajorTomSawyer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Ultimate Addendum Series
April 01, 2002 07:43AM
I was told by another cat on Zan's message forum, that there were about four Ultimate Addenda's Addenda. I have the first one, but I would love to have any of the others from this series. If any of you cats know the isseus, or even better, have the info posted somewhere I would love to know.
:mdr!: :rocket:
Re: The Ultimate Addendum Series
April 01, 2002 05:56PM
ahem.... 4.. I would like to see that :) I know of 2 (published) and they are posted on the site.

'Fer the love of my sweet Aunt Petunia' - Ben Grimm
April 01, 2002 06:02PM
Personally I would like to see them to add to my collection.

Any chance of them up on this site ???

Fangs
>>| |-- ::!o --||<<
"Yes it the Game has bugs"
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
May 11, 2002 12:28AM
I'll get back to you on this one after I look them up, but here's what I recall---

1. THE ULTIMATE ADDENDA-- based on the fact I forgot a file and some definitions.

2. THE ULTIMATE ADDENDA'S ADDENDA-- more powers that came up and the "Rules Powers" concept.

3. NOBODY LASTS FOREVER-- the post-mortem effects that my then wife ordered me to keep out of the book since the topic was too depressng. Alo, clarification of Immortality and Longevity.

4. A mailbag article with readers' letters.

5. A starflight article that was supposed to lead to a series of lucrative DRAGON articles detailing all the aliens in the Marvel Universe. Roger sat on the articles for a year and then paid me a small kill fee......

Anyway, I'll check my records for the real articles and maybe we can get them shared around. Or go to www.google.com and do a search for "David Edward Martin". That'll lead you to specific articles and where you might download them.

May 15, 2002 11:08PM
Here's what few UP Addenda I can find immediately online:
THE ULTIMATE ADDENDA (DRAGON 122)

[rivendell.fortunecity.com]

THE ULTIMATE ADDENDA's ADDENDA (DRAGON 134)

[rivendell.fortunecity.com]

--or--

[www.classicmarvel.com]

Starflight (DRAGON 159)

[www.geocities.com]

Guess I'll have to scan in the other articles and place them online.

May 16, 2002 01:15AM
Hello all,
were these addendums included in any of the updated PDFs for the UPB when ZAN placed them up on his site as a PDF ??

Fangs
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
May 16, 2002 04:43AM
I don't know where I got it (somehwere in my ramblings on the net) but I have a PDF copy of the UPB with all the addendums added in, with red type for easy viewing of those things not in the original and all the pics removed for easy printing. I might have got this from my cousin back in the lower 48, I'll email him and see if he knows where it can be found and post any positive answer.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 16, 2002 05:28AM
The one with the red updates in it is the version that Zan created. It has the Ultimate Addenda in it, but not the Ultimate Addenda's Addenda in it. A great version, I am just trying to grow the patience to sit down and master acrobat so I can add in the later update........
Two flavors of Zan's UPB
May 16, 2002 01:29PM
Zan did two versions. The no-graphics version fits nicely on a floppy. I used to hand these out as freebies at Gencon. It also usually fits an e-mailbox when sending it to other people.
The second version has all the graphics and the Ultimate Addenda implant. I was amazed and appalled that the few pictures take out 150% more memory than the entire text! It doesn't email worth a dang.
It's humbling to see how little space it takes up on a CD-rom. The UPC and the Fantastic Four Compendium, with all the graphics, is a 1/8th inch band on the inside of the disc! Six months of work, reduced to a tiny silver band. Makes ya think....

Makes ME think I should put more stuff on it....

May 16, 2002 06:22PM
Mr. Martin (is a big fan of his work and is feeling more than a little nervous about posting this), Speaking of the FF Compendium, on behalf of all the net, thank you. It was very cool of you to release the extra/deleated info to be added to the book. Nice to see a cat that was on the corporate side at one point helping the rest of us out!
May 18, 2002 01:31AM
MTS, call me DAVE or DAVID. Just not "Mr."!!!!!
Thanks for the complement. I'm jut glad I held onto the printout. I've got an ancient accordion-fold printout of the original FFC text as I turned it in, which was sitting for over a decade in an orange binder. I almost put it in a Gencon auction, just s to see if anyone would be interested. Glad I didn't!

I'm lousy at writing adventures, at least ones I'm not personally running. So my enthusiasm for the obligatory MA adventure was, well, lacking.... When Karen pointed out I was already cruising near the end of my page count, I was relieved to shelve the adventure.
Flash forward to 1999 and an encounter online with the host of a Canadian Marvel site. He asked if I wamted to contribute to his site and I recalled the FFC adventure. So.... a couple of hours typing and revising and spellchecking and I STILL didn't have a complete adventure but at least the dang thing was hopefully readable.

As for the Four Freedoms Plaza bit-- my first major in college was Architecture. The FFP had yet to be delineated yet so I figured I'd give it a try. After all, DC had accepted into its canon the material created by Mayfair's staff for the DC Heroes sourcebooks.
But Marvel ain't DC. I got the word third-hand that the FFP material was excised because somebody at Marvel would eventually write an official FFP layout.
Guess what? They never did! The "official" FFP layout that appeared in some Marvel comic somewhere was simply the old Baxter Building description with the building height changed. Which meant that each floor in the FFP has a FORTY to SIXTY FOOT CEILING!
So, I was more than happy to finally have a chance to see my relatively rational layout see print, however unofficial. I'm particularly fond of the floor reserved for guest suites and the swimming pool that doubles as an Atlantean meeting room.

Anyway, I was so pleased with what Zan had done that I gave him my second-to-last original copy of the FFC and the files that never made it into the book.

And that's how the Zan edition of the FFC came to be.

Now...... Anyone want to do PDF's of the Ultimate Addenda series? I'll give my copies to however does it.
:hot-hot-hot:

May 19, 2002 07:02PM
Hi David,
I'm busy as it is but if you send me Photocopies of your work I will be able to at least convert them to word using the ORC program that I have and then work towards converting them to PDF version contact me via email and I will give you some other contact information to post them to me. If you have them in word document then I would be just has happy to work from there.

Fangs
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
another bump
June 08, 2003 07:21PM
Don't mind me. I'm busy rummaging in the basement........

The Ultimate Addendum Series on disk
July 04, 2003 04:10PM
[cgi.ebay.com]
The above link is to a copy of the UPB book-n-CDR set that I'm selling on EBay. The CD-R holds the Zan-restored editions of the UPB and FFC plus all four Ultimate Addenda articles as .PDF files (which is why I put this note here.
All of these are available online but if you'd like a copy, email me your address and I'll mail you a copy gratis.

Post Edited (07-04-03 18:18)

Fang's May 2002 question
July 04, 2003 07:37PM
" were these addendums included in any of the updated PDFs for the UPB when ZAN placed them up on his site as a PDF?"

As MajorTomSawyer pointed out, the Zan edition of the UPB only contains The Ultimate Addenda. As far as I know, no one has ever gotten around to re-configuring the Zan edition to fit in the other powers.

Here's the breakdown on new powers in the UA series--

UA1: The Ultimate Addenda
S23/ Bouncing Ball
S24/ Elongation
S25/ Growth
S26/ Mass Decrease
S27/ Mass Increase
S28/ Phasing
S29/ Plasticity
S30/ Shrinking
S31/ Two-Dimensionality

UA2: The Ultimate Addenda's Addenda
F6/ Unique Weapon
MG14/ Probability Control
M34/ Omni-Knowledge
P18/ Hyper Intake/Expulsion
P19/ Hyper-Endurance
P20/ Hyper-Strength
S32/ Collective Mass
T24/ Spinner
a new group, Rules Powers, consisting of
R1/ Attribute Change
R2/ Attribute Pool
R3/ Attribute Rearrangement
R4/ Award Change
R5/ Award Pool
R6/ Award Rearrangement
R7/ Initiative Change
R8/ Power Combination

UA3: Nobody Lasts Forever
P21/ Immortality
P22/ Longevity

UA4: Son of The Ultimate Addenda
no new powers

Post Edited (07-04-03 18:42)

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.