Thank you all and good night

Posted by aunt_petunia 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Thank you all and good night
March 06, 2008 09:34PM
Hey Petunia...even though I am kind of disapointed that I'm not part of this site's web links, I really don't want this site to go under. This site's forums and topics are a treasured resource. I consider it the duty of all members of this site to do their utmost to preserve it.

My suggestion is that we have a "council" of contributers (experienced web designers, gamers, and donaters) aid u in the day to day operations of this site. We could chat with you to keep you updated on a weekly or monthly basis.

Please let me know what you think of this idea.
March 07, 2008 08:55PM
There are probably 10 sites I go to on the net once per week. Aunt Petunia's site, this one, is one I check two or three times as often. Whatever Auntie decides, I owe him my gratitude.
Mark

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
March 08, 2008 09:40AM
Wow. I mean, wow.

For those of us still carrying the MSH torch, losing this site is like closing up shop at the Library of Congress.

I totally understand you reasoning, Auntie P. But still.

For what it's worth, I do hope you'll find someone to pass the site on to so that they can keep it running. I'm sure that person would have no problem with your creative input or guidance. Sorta like Stan Lee's Editor Emeritus role @ Marvel.

I do hope the best for you, P-, whatever you decide.
March 10, 2008 08:33AM
For what its worth I def recommend Sky cutter to be taking over the site. I would be glad to have some kind of vote if this site becomes auctioned.

Nothing in the game is too Xtreme
March 11, 2008 08:16PM
Just wanted to add in again. I hope you will donate the sit to someone else someone else. That is mind you comepletely selfish on my part because I love this place. But as a creator myslef (artist) I understand not wanting to let "your" baby go.

Either way best wishes!

Oh yeah, when will the site go down? Im trying to copy all the resources from here I can for my home game if nothing else.
March 11, 2008 10:38PM
I agree with NickMan26! Auntie_P if you turn over your site to anyone, please turn it over to The SKYCUTTER!
March 11, 2008 11:22PM
I think Rook or The Last Duskblade would be great choices for taking over if you leave it to someone Aunt_Petunia. Do think of leaving your creation to live on instead of folding it up as I think it's the best site dedicated to the Classic Marvel game around.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
March 12, 2008 12:47AM
There is only one Forum member that has the passion equal to Auntie_P when it comes to Classic Marvel, that is The Skycutter! Just look at what The Cutter has done for Classic Marvel!

March 12, 2008 09:43AM
hey Auntie? just a question about how long we have left for our fair site.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
March 13, 2008 10:56PM
I know I've not posted in... too long (been rather busy myself), but I'd think two or three people could share in the taking over the site, if that's what the owner wishes to do... that way there are no hard feelings or politiking, just an easy transition... and of course the financial burden wouldn't fall on one person's shoulders.
I'm sure many of us would chip in from time to time, as well.
March 14, 2008 11:51AM
Lord_Sidious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey Auntie? just a question about how long we have
> left for our fair site.

I have the same question. I want to stay as long as I can, but if the site is going to shut down, I also want to know where the wandering refugees will end up.

To defend, this is the Pact. But when life loses its value, and is taken for naught, then the Pact is... to avenge.
March 14, 2008 11:55AM
Lord_Sidious Wrote:
> hey Auntie? just a question about how long we have
> left for our fair site.

I have the same question. I want to stay as long as I can, but if the site is going to shut down, I also want to know where the wandering refugees will end up.

To defend, this is the Pact. But when life loses its value, and is taken for naught, then the Pact is... to avenge.
March 15, 2008 11:24AM
Maybe the homepage should say, "Founded in 1845 by Aunt Petunia" or something like that, in defference to the creator, or perhaps his real name. Unless Aunt Petunia IS his real name.

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
March 16, 2008 03:19PM
not long at all actually. The hosting finish's on the 25/3/2007. As most now know, i have offered the site, content and messageboard to SkyCutter who should have everything transfer'd by this date (hopefully). I am working to get this done.

'Fer the love of my sweet Aunt Petunia' - Ben Grimm
March 16, 2008 05:26PM
that being said Cutter i can put you in tough with a extremely cheap hosting company if you want.

let me know.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
March 17, 2008 07:41PM
aunt_petunia Wrote:
> not long at all actually. The hosting finish's on
> the 25/3/2007. As most now know, i have offered
> the site, content and messageboard to SkyCutter
> who should have everything transfer'd by this date
> (hopefully). I am working to get this done.

Auntie,

You're work will be in good hands with Skycutter. Thanks again for all your work here, and if you get the urge, drop by and say hello every now and then.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.