Playing as the bad guys?

Posted by collin152 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Playing as the bad guys?
February 28, 2008 04:25PM
So I was thinking to myself the other day how the mindest of a villain suits me much better than that of a Hero.
And I decided that, were I to play a game of Marvel (for once, roll my eyes), I'd want to be a villain player.
So I ask you kind people, have you, as a player, ever played as the villain in the game?
Re: Playing as the bad guys?
February 28, 2008 07:13PM
Yes…….

Most times my table Players choose to be Villains and conquer some form of territory; such as the city…. The GM plays the Heroes and he tries to protect the established land marks……

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
February 28, 2008 07:18PM
Check this out: [www.classicmarvel.com]

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
February 28, 2008 07:33PM
Haven't really played the villain, although I suppose if I wanted to I'd play one with great publicity like Iron Man or Reed Richards or Hank Pym.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
February 28, 2008 07:33PM
It's great fun. Made for some amazing stories. Some of my fondest memories of RP really.

February 28, 2008 08:12PM
I'm Pro-Reg... need I say more?

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
February 29, 2008 02:13AM
I've played this way as well. It pretty much boils down to a similar game to what you usually play, except from the other side. It's kind of refreshing, really. Instead of trying to create a good teamwork strategy to take down the bad guy, you are trying to scheme your way into stealing things without alerting the authorities, then trying to use them to destroy heroes or conquering everything. You're still trying to not kill anyone though, because you still lose karma quickly by doing so.

TAG
March 02, 2008 10:20AM
I have never roleplayed as a villian. I know of a group that I never had the opportunity to game with whom enjoyed doing that. One fella played Venom, and the other three players each portrayed Sabretooth, Count Nefaria, and Doctor Doom with a dozen Doombots accompanying him.

Their Game Judge told me that he portrayed the Avengers with Hulk, Thor, Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow.

I don't know how the session went. I do recall that them telling me that several NYC buses and small buildings were destroyed.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.