WHAT GIVES WITH THE LOGON?!!!

Posted by RAGNARoK 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WHAT GIVES WITH THE LOGON?!!!
February 18, 2008 01:05PM
Hey Aunt P., Hows life?

Okay, about your hobby... There are members who can no longer logon. The word is, that the members of this fine community are about to give up the ghost of this forum due to not being able to logon, which appears to be as far back as a month or so. I'm personally guessing since the update, but that's just my opinion.

We are talking about serious heavy hitters in the community that make this forum something to enjoy. Here are the list of members who so far can't logon.

Beowulf
Death Dealer
Hangman
Hatchetman
Highlander
Northman
Ronin
Skycutter
Snake
Snake-Eyes
Stormshadow
Vandel
Warrior_Angel

I could go on, but the list is too long and I'm sure you get the idea. There are a lot more members that are having the same issues.

Just FYI, some of these newer members merely registered onto this forum because of the influence and resources these fine members offer to the communtiy. Losing them may not mean much to you, being that this is merely a hobby n'stuff, but it means something to the communtiy.

"Fer the love of my sweet Community...RAGNARöK"
Re: WHAT GIVES WITH THE LOGON?!!!
February 18, 2008 01:49PM
I don’t know who Admins this site, but for many types of Forum boards the Admin has to manually re-enable each registered member during an upgrade.

That’s a lot of membership profiles to re-enable….

Maybe the head Admin could distribute the work to Forum Moderators…. These are hand picked forum members who the head Admin can trust with Admin Rights to the Forum…..

The whole thing is quite technical and time consuming though…..

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
February 18, 2008 10:28PM
Hey, Tanker I do not think that is the problem? It took me a half hour just to log in today and I could not even get logged in yesterday at all! Today ownly half the is loading in the Discussion forum for me! And I have high speed internet...
February 18, 2008 11:04PM
RAGNARoK & FireHawk, I do not know what is going on here with Classic Marvel, but have the time you cannot log in or the pages on the forums do not load completely! It took me about 2 hours just to log in today...
February 19, 2008 12:06AM
Ohhhhhhh Yeah, I get that too.... Long load load times..... But I have access to 6 different computers between work and home....

The old Computers (’95 and ’96) Consistently Load this site pretty quick..... But the 9 Zillion Mega Watt Death Ray Mega CPU loads slow........

I think this may be a case of old HTML verse new XML and JAVA scripts....

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
February 19, 2008 01:20AM
RAGNARoK and TankerAce, I have been trying to log on for a week! My computer is almost a year old, I never had problems before. What is going on here at Classic Marvel, will this problem be fixed soon? The forum page is not even loading completely!!
February 19, 2008 02:05AM
Might try purging your cache, I noticed some temporary improvements to my access after doing so. Could be some cumulative problems that's clear up if you wiped all the temporary webpage info for classic marvel and accessed the forums as a fresh load.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
X
February 19, 2008 02:45AM
What is going on with Classic Marvel? It took me all day to get logged in and then only half of the pages are loading in the forums! And it is so Slow, so very Slow! My computer is two days old and I have high speed cable for my internet. Man this really sucks!!
X
February 20, 2008 04:00AM
I would like to ask Aunt_P what is being done with the slow log in time for Classic Marvel? It took me 3 hours to just get logged in tonight! Also the pages in the Forums load half way!! And what about those members in our Community that cannot log in anymore, what is being done!!

If you are having problems and cannot log in at Classic Marvel anymore, until Aunt_P solves the problem The SKYCUTTER site works fine!

[skycutter.webs.com]

He also has his own Forum, here is the link!
[skycutter.webs.com]

And The Cutter has a Download center that rivals Classic Marvel, here is the Link!
[www.mediafire.com]

If I start to have problems and can no longer log in, so be it!!!!
February 20, 2008 03:02PM
TankerAce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ohhhhhhh Yeah, I get that too.... Long load load
> times..... But I have access to 6 different
> computers between work and home....
>
> The old Computers (’95 and ’96) Consistently
> Load this site pretty quick..... But the 9 Zillion
> Mega Watt Death Ray Mega CPU loads slow........
>
> I think this may be a case of old HTML verse new
> XML and JAVA scripts....

You hit it right on the head TankerAce. Skycutter & myself both agree that this is most likely the issue for those with newer hardware. I myself have no power to cure this issue. It's all Aunt P who can fix it. Until then, this script issue is going to be a problem for those with newer computers. There are officially 22 members who can no longer logon. That was yesterday and from what Skycutter noticed it's about 4 members a day on adverage. If you can, I would re-use your older computers to access this site until it's resolved. That way Aunt P doesn't lose anymore members. Those lost are pissed off for not being able to logon to PM Aunt P about the issue. I'll be sticking around on classicmarvel as some form of support until this site is no longer operational for me to access. If that does happen, I'll be moving onto Skycutters site. Skycutter didn't just leave. Skycutter can no longer logon nor able to even view the forums and has given up on even trying. This is why Skycutter is no longer on classicmarvel. Now he has taken on the responsibiltiy of unfreezing his forum for those lost from Classic marvel. That way they have a place to go as a community.

February 21, 2008 03:17AM
I have been unable to log in for about 2 weeks! I just upgraded my internet service form DSL to High Speed Cable, now I can get logged in, and view the forums but it takes so long even with High Speed Cable! The worst part is the forum pages load half way most of the time! What is going on, I never had this problem on Classic Marvel before? I even had my computer checked out, thinking the problem was there. The computer tech told me there was nothing wrong with my computer at all, it was this site (I spent $60 dollars for nothing). I need some help here from anyone on the forum with this issue please! :S:X
February 21, 2008 08:49AM
guys, most likely it's the hosting company. Slow load times are not something Auntie can fix on his own. Remember he's in Australia, not in America like most of us. Long load times are gonna happen.

chill out and put the blame where it belongs on the host not Auntie.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
February 21, 2008 11:30AM
Hmmmm, a friend of mine who does computer work says off the bat he's getting something called SGML Parser Errors checking out the site remotely and I asked if he'd donate his services to Aunt_Petunia to see if he can fix the problems, provide he'll trust him with the site access of course. Considering he's been doing computer work and customer service for years I think given the chance he could clear up much if not all of the problems we've been seeing, perhaps even fix that special character problem bothering Ragnarok in getting into his original account.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

February 21, 2008 01:30PM
You better watch out Ragnarök, this thread is going to bypass your breast thread soon.

*ROTFLOL*

TAG
February 23, 2008 01:58PM
Nightmask Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmmm, a friend of mine who does computer work
> says off the bat he's getting something called
> SGML Parser Errors checking out the site remotely
> and I asked if he'd donate his services to
> Aunt_Petunia to see if he can fix the problems,
> provide he'll trust him with the site access of
> course. Considering he's been doing computer work
> and customer service for years I think given the
> chance he could clear up much if not all of the
> problems we've been seeing, perhaps even fix that
> special character problem bothering Ragnarok in
> getting into his original account.

This would be nice to see. I also think it would be nice to see if Aunt P to even acknowledge the issue and would love to see if Aunt P is going inform the community that it's going to be fixed, whether by Aunt P's provider or Aunt P himself. Some information would be nice in general.

The communtiy that cannot log on anymore are in the dark as much as those who can log on without issue. We would like to know, "What's Up? And what's going to be done about this issue, if anything at all. Jebus, give us some form of encouragemenet that the issue is at lease being taken care of.

Silence isn't winning any points with the community. It makes us feel like no one wants to deal with the issue and hope that it'll go away.

We just want to know that it's being taken care of, that's it, it's not hard to tell the communtiy that it's being fixed vs. ignoreing some pm's from the communty. Show ya give a damn about those who enjoy your hobby.

We all have lives too, I lost a grandfather just last week, It held me up from the world for a bit. Friends and family were all there for each other, even friends on of this community where here for me. But it didn't stop me from helping to be the voice of the lost forum members. My point is, life or no life, show you give a damn for anyone. This is not only a community, but a support group of friends who look out for one another. If they can't logon, then they are missing out on either helping or needing help. Be it ingame, or out of game. We still are a community, friends, and family.

We just want to know what's goin on to fix this issue. If you have real life issue keeping you from fixing it, we understand and wish you well. We are here for you Aunt P. We just want to know if you are here for us too.

Peace.

February 23, 2008 03:22PM
Well I can't speak for Aunt_Petunia for what problems might keep him too busy to check on the site or work to deal with problems promptly, I can only say that it doesn't help anyone being overly critical. You don't get the best effort out of anyone by making them feel like it's pointless and the work won't be appreciated, you get it by making them feel appreciated and let them know you're trying to be patient but some kind of update, even if just once a week or so, would be appreciated.

I've a friend in Germany whose job kept him so busy he didn't go home most nights to his wife, he just slept at work in naps between jobs; not conducive to doing other things, it could be the same for Aunt_Petunia. I sympathize with your loss but finding ways of providing help to fix the problem or ways to work around it would be more productive and more beneficial to everyone.

We all know there are some problems that need fixed so let us as a community and as friends find the help that will patch things up and make things a smooth-running forum for everyone to enjoy, okay?

-- Peter David

February 23, 2008 04:54PM
Well, Aunt P obviously feels it just me having these issue. Thirty members would love to dispute this. But they can't logon to support my argument.

So fine Aunt P, feel free to check for yourself.

skycutter.webs.com

You don't have to log on, it's just an open forum. You can just post "Hi folks" and I'm sure you'll get a colorful greating you earned.

And rethink your opinion of it just being me with the issue.

You think I'm doing this just to piss you off, nope. I could do far worse to piss a person off. I'm merely trying to support the community unlike some.

I've been asked by 30 people now to mediate for them because they can't seem to get a responce. It has nothing to do with personal vendetta or any type of animosity. Because they don't have a voice, they asked me on Skycutters website to speak for them. Hell asked Skycutter. My opinion of this update is my opinion and not theirs.

I can speak for five who want to return and the abitlity to logon, the rest of them don't want to come back. So feel free and believe its just me, but I beg to differ with proof to back it.

What's it gonna hurt to look for yourself? Really?

Here's the very thread you might want to read.
[skycutter.webs.com]

But don't take my word for it. check for your self.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.