Which settings do I use?

Posted by Skarlett Spyder 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Which settings do I use?
February 06, 2008 12:24PM
Since the changes to the site, I've come back multiple times to find that many of the settings I've set have changed, or I have to hit Ctrl F5 to make the thread look normal. Now I don't remember what I had it set to, and can't seem to get if where is was no matter how I set it.

I'm trying to get it back to where all I have to do is scroll down in each thread to look at the posts without having to click on each friggin' individual post to see it. What do I do?

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
Re: Which settings do I use?
February 06, 2008 02:09PM
Well, unless the setting features has finally been fixed, I can't say much in the way of helping.

Every time I fiddle with my Forum Settings, it still remains the exact same annoying way (The clicking on each & every friggin' individual post to see it), among other features. Like the constant page drop, The 56k like loading of each post/page/thread/forum... I could almost believe that this forum originates from Australia or something, hense it's loading time I'm sure.. Who knows really?

I could go on, but doing so only seems to prevent my original account from EVER being fixed. It seems that stating any open negitive opinion about this "wonderful" Update isn't without some sort of punishment. [www.classicmarvel.com]

So speaking of personal experience with this "wonderful" update, I suggest treading lightly or nothing will get done to fix it...

Okay, now repeat after me... "This is a "GREAT" update." Good!

"Fer the love of my sweet Community...RAGNARöK"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2008 02:10PM by RAGNARoK.
February 06, 2008 02:17PM
Try under Forum Settings in the Control Center, the tab labeled 'Message Reading Display Options', there's an option to simply cascade all the messages in a thread sorted by date and an option to cascade in a threaded format, along with the one letting you decide which individual thread you'd like to look at and only display that one.

I wish I didn't have to Control-F5 all the time just to get the intended display format for a forum page to show up. I cleared my temporary webpage cache yesterday and it briefly displayed correctly without the extra effort but then went back. I'm curious if it's an interface problem with IE or if it's doing that under other browsers as well but I haven't had anyone state one way or the other if it does that to them under other browsers.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
February 06, 2008 05:16PM
I use the Firefox browser myself, and have to click on each individual message to view them, but apparently only in the Discussion forum itself. Oddly enough, I can get the pages of posts to scroll through in the other forums. I tried readjusting my forum settings, and wound up getting the reverse, with every forum except Discussion requiring clicking on individual posts.

I'm sure Auntie P is trying to work on it as he can, but he is only one person, and does have a job, family and other responsibilities that eat up his time as well.

BTW, Rags, I'm pretty sure Aunt P actually *is* located in Australia...;)

Quack, damn you...
February 07, 2008 12:29AM
Of course Real Life is important. It's when someone insults mine... Well to get ones nose rubbed the wrong way makes one sore.

Like we don't have lives too, as if.

"Get off the high horse, for it is lame." Very punny, huh? :)

"Fer the love of my sweet Community...RAGNARöK"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2008 12:37AM by RAGNARoK.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.