What marvel movies are left to be made?

Posted by Taarna 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What marvel movies are left to be made?
February 04, 2008 06:06PM
Is Marvel approaching a time when most of their best characters have already been in feature films?

Maybe. I cannot think of many characters that have not been in feature film or animated movie.

Here is some movie concepts I would like to see.

1 ) Hulk vs Thing

The Plot. Bruce Banner has a cure for Ben Grimm, but the two become at odds when Banner botches the cure, morphing the Thing and increasing his strength. The movie takes off as Banner's alter ego become jealous. As the Thing and the Hulk engage in a huge battle, a collector zaps Ben Grimm and Bruce Banner into an alien zoo that houses the deadliest creatures in the galaxy. Both the Thing and the Hulk chose to go their own way, but both quickly realize they need to put an end to their feud as monsters and men to survive.

2 ) Doctor Doom

Plot: The first movie where the villain is the star. Re-cast someone else as Doom. The movie centers on Doom's life. His battle for his mother's redemption ( Memphisto ), college days, orgin as Doctor Doom, and the capture and defeat of Reed Richards. Richards tires to escape but can not. But just as Doom is about to check off his bucket list, he needs Reed....

Which idea is better. Anyone care to add their own?.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2008 06:13PM by Taarna.
Re: What marvel movies are left to be made?
February 04, 2008 06:43PM
Marvel Civil War - the Movie.

Marvel Civil War - the video game.

February 04, 2008 07:39PM
Spider-man: The Clone Years? :) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Well we could use some effort to tie-in the movies as part of the same continuity (nothing so far makes them separate continuities). First though we'd need a few movies to introduce characters like Thor and Iron Man and do a Founding of the Avengers or better yet introduce Namor and Dr. Strange in movie format and do the foundation of the Defenders.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
February 05, 2008 03:02AM
Very Creative plot lines for both Stories..... Those would be box office hits for sequels; given that the Fantastic 4 and Hulk movies were not so well accepted by the general populous.... Both are really Good....

I’d like to see a newer X-Man release which features Cable, Bishop and Apocalypse...... Cable and Bishop travel to our current time line from the future to basically kick start the mutant revolutions so that humanity will be prepared to face Apocalypse in the future.....

During Cable and Bishop’s decent into our time frame they encounter the original X-men cast, but they all start fighting each other simply because Cable and Bishop have totally different life priorities. And the X-Men don’t have the guidance of Charles Xavier......

Since Cyclops and Gene are ‘Dead’ the audience also finds out Charles Xavier was not so ethical when he first started training Cyclops and Gene..... Basically, Charles Xavier, with the help of Magneto, managed to create a test tube baby from Cyclops and Gene’s DNA. This laboratory child becomes Cable....

Cable was cryogenically frozen as a fetus at Xavier’s School for the gifted.....

Because Magneto is so charming, Charles Xavier had Magneto legally written into his Final Will..... Allowing Magneto to become the head honcho of the School’s Science department.....

Magneto (played by 2 different Actors) regains his Magnetic powers, and during the process his body becomes Young again..... Basically, Magneto focuses his weak Magnetic powers with some huge device he built and it opens his powers into the theoretical quantum singularity energy...... During Magneto’s quest to regain his mutant powers he also creates the symbiotic cybernetics which get on Cable, and Magneto’s experiment nearly kills Cable before he is born.....

Magneto also becomes the social leader of the X-men. And manages to unite the Adult Cable and Bishop with the original X-Men.

Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is pushed to his absolute limits and really learns how to ‘Fight’..... Basically, Cable gives Wolverine the azz kicking of his life..... Colossus is also part of this small feud.....

Rogue (same Actress) gains her permanent strength and powers.

Storm (Halle Barry)..... She’s still ‘Storm’ and socially meshes pretty easily with Magneto, Cable, and Bisop.

Ice-Man and Pyro settle their differences during a brief battle trying to recruit the Juggernaut into the cause.

Bishop’s role is basically support for Cable....

But all the while, Apocalypse also manages to come back in time and teach himself ‘New’ tricks while he’s still a child; half way around the Globe in Africa.....

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
February 05, 2008 08:02AM
Jean

Possible Marvel Flicks
February 05, 2008 11:59AM
BLACK WIDOW -- like the Blade series, a relatively simple flick to do from a SFX POV. Resist the urge to give her any powers, especially those ridiculous super-leaps seen in the Daredevil flick.

INHUMANS - treat the first half of the flick as a parallel world tale. Then expand it to reveal their hidden presence on Earth.

MAR-VELL - treat the initial part of the film as a Superman-like tale of a alien protector from another world. Then slowly reveal Mar-Vell's secret duplicity as vanguard for an alien invasion. Finally, Mar-Vell's defection as he switches allegiance to Earth (and whatever hot babe co-stars in the flick).

Re: Possible Marvel Flicks
February 05, 2008 02:24PM
I'd like to see a Thor movie, set in Asgard.
Also a Captain America movie. It would probably be centered around modern terrorism. (maybe a good thing, maybe not) But the story could be set during WWII, fighting against the Red Skull. End the movie with him being frozen in ice, setting up a beginning for a sequal where he is thawed in the future which is our modern time.
I'd also like to see an Avengers movie.
February 05, 2008 03:08PM
Shang-Chi

Classic Kung Fu action at its best.

Luke Cage: Hero for Hire

Blaxploitation with modern sensibilities, supertough Luke Cage beats down lots of drug dealers with lots of guns. Shaft meets Superman meets Bad Boys

Ultimates

Just do ultimates volume one as a movie. Then follow it up with volume 2 for the sequel.

Devil-Slayer

Forget this Defenders reject. Just take the name and do a hyperkinetic flick where some dude named Devil-Slayer puts the beat down on the forces of hell.

February 05, 2008 03:40PM
Captain America's been waiting a long time for a Marvel movie to present him with the grandeur suited to him instead of the mostly forgettable TV movies that have come before. I think we're more than able by now to present everything that makes him up in a fashion that'd be a blockbuster, just like we saw happen with Spider-man, who had various TV movies that really didn't cut it when they came out decades ago but the movies of today did a grand job of covering him powers and personality.

I wonder if a Thor movie would suffer attacks from the religious types against a 'promotional movie to generate worship of the Norse gods', like they've attacked D&D-related stuff.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
February 05, 2008 04:34PM
How about Iron Fist, or She-Hulk?
Maybe an animated movie version of the Dark Phoenix saga. There's already been Iron Man, Dr. Strange, and two Ultimate Avengers. Dark Phoenix should get one.
February 05, 2008 05:47PM
Actually that is a good point about Thor. I can see that happening. He really does have fans from a wide variety of positions. Which would likely give him detractors from an equal amount of positions.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
February 05, 2008 08:55PM
They already did an animated Dark Phoenix Saga in X-Men the Animated Series, but I agree it'd be cool to see a modern animation of it.

February 05, 2008 11:26PM
Next Wave. Especially the fight between NW and Fin Fang Foom.

A Black Widow movie has the potential of being ridiculously cool. But screenwriters who aren't familiar w/ comics are likely to screw Natasha up seriously.
February 06, 2008 03:28AM
Bobby 0,

Sign me up for the Black Widow movie, too. And make it double.

The Rook
February 06, 2008 08:57AM
A Thor animated movie is in the works right now.

I still like the Thing vs Hulk movie.
February 06, 2008 09:21AM
I don't see 'vs.' movies getting made any time soon.

February 06, 2008 12:15PM
capocastillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't see 'vs.' movies getting made any time
> soon.

Unless you're talking about the "Freddy vs. Jason" franchise, that has promised to wow (or sicken) us with a sequel.

Skarlett da Movie Critic Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
February 06, 2008 03:57PM
Or Alien vs Predator. The Hulk and the Thing have battled many times in the annals of Marvel History. Such a movie would draw all Hulk fans, and most Fantastic four fans.
February 07, 2008 07:54AM
I'll bet you green money that a Hulk vs. Thing movie doesn't get made in the next 3 years. Even the next 5. Hell even then next 15. Freddy v. Jason, as well as Aliens v. Predator first do several things. Both of those movie franchises draw on other movie franchises that have been in existence for over 20 years each [Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Alien, and Predator were all made more than 20 years ago] and try and rejuvinate them by creating crossover.

Marvel's oldest big budget production that actually was in theatres is Blade. But further there's other differences. 1st is they're rebooting Hulk after the critical flop the Ang Lee version was. Fantastic Four is pretty much locked up in their next film storyline wise.

Also, it doesn't make sense financially. Why make one movie and get an audience member to buy one ticket when you can get them to buy 2? It only makes sense to make seperate fantastic four and hulk movies because you can hook the audience twice. Why blow your load in just one shot?

Finally, Marvel movies are by and large, making money. Freddy vs. Jason as well as Aliens vs. predator was made because all of those franchises were pretty much dead, except for maybe Alien, although it's last two outings as solo films didn't do very well. The other franchises hadn't released a movie in over 10 years or more. So by combining two marquis acts, they jumpstarted interest once again. Marvel doesn't have that problem. Some of marvel's films are among the highest grossing films of all time. The Marvel franchises are very much alive and well.

February 07, 2008 12:41PM
Captain America has to be made. I'd love to see Cap jumping out of a B-2 bomber to land upon the beaches of Normandy, deflecting machine gun rounds with his shield and leading the boys to victory there. I'd love to see him defrosted by SHIELD and sent to deal with modern terrorists, only to find that the Red Skull is around as well. The major theme would probably be the difference between what America was in WWII, and what it is now, and Cap would have to say something like, "I am not America is. I represent what America could and should be." And at the end, right before the end credits, Cap leaps out of a jet doing an unaided HALO jump for two reasons. First, it's a modern tie to the opening introduction of the character and ties the movie together. Second, it shows how awesome Steve Rogers is.

As for other characters, a Starjammers movie could be good, since anything that crosses swashbuckling and interstellar war is fun. A Spider-Girl movie could work, but it'd probably have to revolve around Jessica Drew, and extracting her from her weird history could prove...difficult.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.