Hero’s who have accidently killed people with their powers

Posted by Taarna 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hero’s who have accidently killed people with their powers
January 23, 2008 07:09AM
Who are they?
Re: Hero’s who have accidently killed people with their powers
January 23, 2008 07:28AM
Hmmmm, well Nuke (I think that was his name) of the original Squadron Supreme accidentally killed his parents due to cancer that they got from long-term radiation exposure from him. He was then later accidentally killed by Doctor Spectrum when he attempted to restrain the grief-stricken and rampaging Nuke when they died.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 23, 2008 08:01AM
lots of people have killed people unintentionally.

Spider-Man did it in that Spider-Man/Wolverine limited back in the 80's.

Hulk - duh

Jean Grey as Dark Phoenix [don't know if that counts as an accident though]

Lucy in the Sky from Runaways unintentionally killed a vampire by letting it feed from her.

I'm sure there's lots more.

January 23, 2008 08:32AM
Hmmmm, I wonder if Superboy-Prime qualifies, since he hadn't really been established as a hero before he killed Pantha. If anything he seemed more of a villain from the start or at least an anti-hero before going full-scale sociopath who got off on killing.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

January 23, 2008 09:01AM
Vance Astrovik/Marvel Boy killed his dad accidentally and went to prison. Once he got out, he became Justice and started dating Firestar!

Not a bad career move, "Vance".
January 23, 2008 10:07AM
It goes to show you... kill your father and you get to date a hot redhead!

January 23, 2008 10:43AM
wasn't Vance banging Firestar before he offed his pops?

January 23, 2008 11:23AM
Classy. With a capital "K".

I dunno.
January 23, 2008 11:50AM
We play games where we pretend to be men and women in spandex costumes who fight bad guys in spandex costumes, and sometimes use little miniature toys or cardboard cutouts of said men and women in tights and move them around on a little board while we zap and punch each other's little men.

How classy can we be?

January 23, 2008 09:04PM
Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste...
January 23, 2008 09:22PM
Well my own character Gamble recently. He was fighting some alien creatures on the hull of a spacecraft. They were possessed super strength and he wrongfully assumed that belts they were wearing were granting the strength or fighting prowess. He bullseye shot a belt causing it to explode and guess what, it was what was keeping the alien alive in space through a lesser type of Micro-Environment.

I extended my personal Micro-Environment to keep it alive but it kept attacking me. I had little choice but to pull it away from the alien and that was all she wrote.
January 23, 2008 09:29PM
Total karma loss for killing a sentient being I gather? Not hard to make a mistake like that from an IC perspective, and a good learning experience to go for a Reason feat using that Hyper-Invention boosted Reason in the future to study the enemy's equipment and get a read on what it does before destroying it. With your Unearthly rank shouldn't be hard for you to glean basic details like the belt supplying Life-Support on a Green Feat (given the situation being so critical even if it was in the range of an automatic feat otherwise you'd still have to make a green feat to figure things out correctly).

-- Peter David

January 24, 2008 12:10AM
Yeah you live and you learn. :!)-D

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.