"WHO LEFT THE FLAMING DOOR OPEN!?!"

Posted by RAGNARoK 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: "WHO LEFT THE FLAMING DOOR OPEN!?!"
January 18, 2008 09:52PM
RAGNARoK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd suggest a thread for a voting of two
> monitors/admins. Let the members decide. Have them
> decide and post their opinions of who and why.

I forgot to mention that if you post it Aunt P., it'll make it more official.

"Fer the love of my sweet Community...RAGNARöK"
January 18, 2008 10:01PM
That would be a good way of handling it.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
January 19, 2008 02:43PM
It may not look it or read it, but I honestly wanted to see if reverse psychology works and to see if it's possible to make a thread without flamage lol. Figuring that most flamers are predictable and won't dignify my taunts with a response. So far it mostly worked.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2008 02:46PM by RAGNARoK.
January 20, 2008 07:15PM
Heh, I know the feeling. My time is so stretched lately that the last thing I want to do is put up with immature goobers that seem to want to have kittens and freak OUT whenever I post anything here that offends ... any sensibility.

Or join the forum specifically to attack me for no good reason.

Or keep insulting me months after a thread I posted in expired.

Etc, etc.
January 21, 2008 12:49AM
Am I the only one that thinks that the thought of moderators is a bit unnecessary?

January 21, 2008 01:30AM
I'm neutral... does that count?

January 21, 2008 02:26AM
Well anyone could pretty much act as a moderator, one doesn't have to have a card or such to go 'Hey guys chill, stop flaming and go back to your respective corners' or similar. Just ends up that most prefer to go 'not my problem' and wait until it's burning really good and THEN complain about all the flames that a little 'guys chill we're all equals here' input early on could have avoided. Or say they feel like leaving over flames that no one tried to put out. Which pretty much means a few members need to volunteer or be drafted to put flames out early on before everyone sits back watching flames burn until it gets to the point that they feel annoyed or want to leave.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 21, 2008 10:43AM
I agree with Capo. Last thing we need is a witch-hunter-esque Mcarthy council with seemingly more power or clout than others here when in my opinion has not been that Flame-bad. my example I admit is a extreme exageration but just don't add to the Flame if one sees it.
January 21, 2008 11:23AM
"Have you now or have you ever been party to a flame?"

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
January 21, 2008 11:26AM
I like pie. Does that count?

January 21, 2008 12:23PM
Punstarr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like pie. Does that count?

Mmmm...pie.

January 21, 2008 01:19PM
Well it would be great to have someone deal with the flamers and be done with them.

But my feelings on not having a moderator is that if we can maintain self control (including myself) on flamage or even bothering to reply to flamage. Merely skip over it like it was never posted so the fires won't spread. If we don't give them any fuel to burn us on, they just might be less inclined to waste their time and move onto other more susceptible forums.

As a communtiy, we can deal with this by not bothering to reply to fishing/flamage post. We have this kind of control, we really do. If we choose to reply, kill'em with kindness, even if you so badly want to retort in kind, just don't. Reply as someone who's above that level of thinking, but don't be arrogant or egotistical on your replies. Just wish them good health and wisdom. Show them that we have Flamage Resistance of Beyond levels. As a Community we are Uber Strong.

So, who's with me on dealing with this matter in this fashion?

"LET'S SHUT THIS FLAMING DOOR FOR GOOD!!!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2008 01:21PM by RAGNARoK.
January 21, 2008 01:45PM
I say we track them down and string em' up... but that's me. 8-)

January 21, 2008 02:47PM
I'm in agreement that we should not have to take measures against people poorly versed in common courtesy. Instead we should show them the nature of such courtesy first hand. Then these boards can be what they used to be.

Common courtesy is a lot like common sense....

...not that common.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
January 21, 2008 04:02PM
I'm in full agreement that courtesy or refusal to acknowledge the flames are the best way to deal with flamers. This would not only take away the attention they want and prevent them from ruining things for others, it would also negate any need for Moderators... And I don't think anyone really wants to come here to have to carefully look for potential trouble when they can instead simply come and read and relax. I for one wouldn't want the headache of having to scrutinize posts to determine if they constitute problems, and I'm sure plenty of others don't want such headaches as well.

Quack, damn you...
January 21, 2008 10:37PM
Redman II - you said it best. I agree 100%
but...( minus -35% for wearing ringmail armor )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2008 10:37PM by G.A.W..

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.