Updated mesasage board

Posted by aunt_petunia 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Updated mesasage board
January 13, 2008 04:48AM
Dang I've been gone a while I come back and complete forum revamp are you trying to get rid of my last vestiges of sanity
..................*Twitch*

Start the day with a smile and get it over with

Money is better than poverty if only for financial reasons

Money can't buy happiness but it does bring a more plesant form of misery
January 13, 2008 08:36AM
So not lovin' this, boss. I can't seem to get it to switch back to the classic forum setting. Is it just me?

January 13, 2008 11:32AM
Surge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So not lovin' this, boss. I can't seem to get it
> to switch back to the classic forum setting. Is
> it just me?

Nope, it's not just you and I'm also experiencing what TankerAce is experiencing. It's this "wonderful" update.
January 13, 2008 02:51PM
I don't know what it is, but this update seems to have slowed down the loading for each page. Anybody going through this too?
January 13, 2008 08:01PM
Well without assistance, I remade my account without the รถ letter in my spelling.

My opinion on the updating of the forums. if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
January 13, 2008 09:21PM
People please, Auntie's just doing what he can to help improve the board's look and make the forums more enjoyable for everyone. Even with the problems some of us are having let's be sure to not just dump on him how 'terrible' the update is and try to reflect how much you appreciate the effort and just want to help make it even better by bringing up the problems so they can be fixed, okay?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 13, 2008 09:53PM
Here here, Auntie's been running this free board for quite a while and we've been using it for a long time. Let's cut the man some slack.

I, for one, like the inclusion of avatars and video.

let's handle this like a bug report and keep it constructive so auntie can get a handle on things better.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
January 13, 2008 11:44PM
I like the expanded features as well, especially the much larger window for inputing messages so one can more easily read things over and keep their thoughts on track when dealing with a more complex posting. The display's nice enough as well, although the bug that requires having to CNTRL-F5 to get it to display each page properly I hope Auntie can fix soon, plus would be nice to know how to get it to just display the post I want to read and not everyone's posts, including ones I don't want to read.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that Auntie's got a real life just like they do and it keeps him busy and he can't jump to fix problems quickly no matter how much we might like him to. If we had a few members who could help out that'd probably be great but last time someone mentioned that it seemed to go nowhere, not sure why.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

January 14, 2008 04:08AM
No. This isn't Auntie bashing. Sorry if it felt like that. Just wondering if anyone has had any slow down from the update. I needed to know if it was my computer or not. lol
January 14, 2008 09:21AM
Nah, this site's always been slow to load for me... not sure why, maybe because it's so popular.

January 14, 2008 01:03PM
Not sure why, but today it seems to be running problem free. We love you, Auntie P!

January 14, 2008 10:55PM
Yeah, everything is working smoother for me now as well. Nice work.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
January 15, 2008 08:57AM
As of today everything seems like it works! Woot! Thanks Aunt P! :D

January 15, 2008 09:02AM
Still getting display problems myself, maybe it's a problem with IE? Is the display requiring refreshes for anyone on other browsers?

-- Peter David

January 15, 2008 10:12AM
and how can i set it back to have the old design ?

all messages in on page, the newest at the top ?

sorry, but all settings is the same, only 1 message/page, and it's too many click :)
January 15, 2008 11:44AM
Go to Control Center.

January 15, 2008 11:56AM
arrww. :X
i know where could i change the settings.

i said i can't find there such option, wherewith all the messages goes on one page, and the newest goes first on top of the page...

I found these
Message list display options: default / all messages in a topic, threaded / one entry per topic

Message reading display options: default / one message per page with threaded list / multiple messages per page sorted by time / multiple messages per page, threaded

none of them results that i want...
or ?

Punstarr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Go to Control Center.
January 15, 2008 01:04PM
What do you want, exactly? It sounds like you want "Multiple Posts per page, threaded" under Message reading display options.

January 15, 2008 01:23PM
erm, i give up.

i want that option of view, what was before the last change, that everyone asked for (ie. before this threaded view)

like here
you can see the time/date, the sorting, etc.
January 15, 2008 01:44PM
Ok, so it looks like you want multiple messages per page sorted by time.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.