Updated mesasage board

Posted by aunt_petunia 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Updated mesasage board
January 07, 2008 08:37PM
Hey folks, feel free to check out the upgrade. The control center lets you have avatars and tweak personal likings such as "Do not show user signatures". Still got a bit to do to get it in with the rest of the site but im tired now.

'Fer the love of my sweet Aunt Petunia' - Ben Grimm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 08:39PM by aunt_petunia.
Re: Updated mesasage board
January 07, 2008 08:51PM
Hey! I was wondering what's going on. Thanks for the update, Auntie P! You're da bomb!

Cheers,

Niniri

January 07, 2008 09:11PM
Thanks for the work on things, the format's nice, although for some reason I'm having display problems, the formatting's off unless I CNTRL-F5 every page, any suggestions how to fix that?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 07, 2008 09:21PM
RAGNARöK here under a new profile... Why can't I log on? I've done like 5 new password requests and each one will not log me on. They are as useless as my orignal password after this "wonderful" update. what gives?

And why can't I use this letter ö under my user name? It's not spelled correctly without it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 09:30PM by GAMMA-MAN.
January 08, 2008 06:30AM
I like the new features, AP... it looks good, but I have to say I don't like how all the posts on a topic automatically come up at once now. I liked having only one post up at a time... it made it easier to see who was responding to whom. Unless there's a feature that allows me to set that up again.

All in all it looks great. Thanks Aunt P. :)

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. Awesome!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2008 06:34AM by Punstarr.
January 08, 2008 07:38AM
Wow. Pretty.

Thanks.
January 08, 2008 08:05AM
I can attach files now? Sweeeet.

January 08, 2008 02:08PM
Looks good AP, although I agree with Punstarr as to the history of the thread.
January 08, 2008 02:18PM
all you need to do is go into "Control Center", select "Forum Settings" and change message read display options. See the attached image to help.

'Fer the love of my sweet Aunt Petunia' - Ben Grimm
Attachments:
open | download - threaded.JPG (74.4 KB)
January 08, 2008 03:35PM
not a bad change. Definitely brought some nice changes to the board.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
January 08, 2008 05:38PM
aunt_petunia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey folks, feel free to check out the upgrade. The
> control center lets you have avatars and tweak
> personal likings such as "Do not show user
> signatures". Still got a bit to do to get it in
> with the rest of the site but im tired now.

MUCH BETTER MESSAGE BOARD. THANKS!
January 09, 2008 12:03PM
BTW love how the new forums dont auto-format a messege.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
January 10, 2008 08:23AM
Is there a reason why my signiature is all in HTML now?

January 10, 2008 10:15AM
just a small thing really, it seems that while i have my settings set to "One message per page threaded" i'm showing all the messages at once. It really is getting quite annoying.

January 10, 2008 11:18AM
Lord_Sidious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just a small thing really, it seems that while i
> have my settings set to "One message per page
> threaded" i'm showing all the messages at once. It
> really is getting quite annoying.

I'm having the same problem.

January 10, 2008 01:13PM

Are other subscribers getting this annoying Forum activity..... The site looks all pretty and is easy to read and understand....

But go to any other forum page and the Forum just goes all FUCT-UP mode..... I don’t wish to be rude or inconsiderate... I know ALOT of work goes into a forum web-site........

The web site does this on every Computer I use... (2 at home and 10 at work)

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
January 10, 2008 03:16PM
I also have my options set to "one message per page", but get the entire pages of messages as well.. tho it seems to mainly occur in the Discussion forum..

Quack, damn you...
January 11, 2008 07:30AM
yeah, sometimes i get similar look, both here at work, and at home.

a few f5 (reload page) helps, but it's very annoying
January 11, 2008 07:36PM
CHRIST! I can't even log out as GAMMA-MAN! what the hell?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2008 07:36PM by GAMMA-MAN.
January 11, 2008 10:24PM
Anyone else having the occasional post blocked by the anti-spam software for the new board set-up? I've had to retype and try again with several posts because something set off the anti-spam software.

I also still can't figure out how to get the forum to format correctly without having to Control-F5 every page so it'll display with correct colors and formatting.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.