About yourself

Posted by Archon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
About yourself
January 06, 2008 11:50PM
Being new here, I thought I'd create a post to let me know a little about some of you... It's pretty painless... all you have to do is list which power you would choose for yourself (in this world that we all live in, not the Marvel universe or any other universe where there are other super-powered beings), if you could have any one power at:

Feeble rank:

Monstrous Rank:

Class 1000 Rank:

Note that you cannot choose any power where the rank is irrelevant (i.e. Immortality)
Re: About yourself
January 06, 2008 11:52PM
Also note that these powers would not be collective... you would only have one, but it tells me more about you to see which one you would choose at various ranks...
January 07, 2008 12:33AM
Archon,

Welcome to the forum. If you browse around a bit you'll find answers to the question you posed, as this has been gone over multiple times.

I'll choose Focus for all ranks.

TLD

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 12:34AM by The Last Duskblade.
January 07, 2008 12:46AM
I'd take Feeble Hyper-Speed, Monstrous Image Animation, and Class 1000 Phasing

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
January 07, 2008 01:53AM
Well this is an interesting one...

Why class 1000 phasing? Is there anything in our world and your life that Monstrous phasing wouldn't suffice?
January 07, 2008 01:54AM
Focus at feeble?

Not much of a bang, and it would take you a long time to recover... plus, what would you focus?
January 07, 2008 02:36AM
I've seen that other threads have been made with this concept... but it's the actual ranks for the power that make them require the thought that would tell something about yourself...
January 07, 2008 04:05AM
Even if you had no other Powers, Focus allows you to combine the Rank Numbers of all of your Primary Abilities into one effort. In some stats that would be supernatural.

A Normal Human, who can Focus and get Incredible Strength. Not bad.

TLD
January 07, 2008 06:00AM
True, but remember that this is your life... Do you find yourself in a lot of situations where a short burst of incredible strength followed by a long period of incapacitation would be helpful?
January 07, 2008 06:08AM
Monstrous phasing wouldn't let me walk through red tape at the DMV.

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
January 07, 2008 06:47AM
Let's see...

Feeble True Invulnerability (Just 2 points of protection but I'd likely never accidentally cut myself again)

Monstrous True Flight (To be able to fly at high speeds... the only way to travel :D)

Class 1000 Regeneration (Oh to regenerate... t'would be nice indeed)

January 07, 2008 08:22AM
Hmmmm, a single power at each particular rank. So hard to decide. I'd tentatively consider the following:

Feeble: Serial Immortality (Spontaneous Creation)

Monstrous: Cosmic Awareness

CL1000: Power Cosmic

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Joe
January 07, 2008 09:33AM
Fe: Hyper-Speed

Mn: Good Luck

Class 1000: Hyper-Intelligence.
January 07, 2008 03:08PM
Short version: Immortality for the lowest one--since it doens't have a rank.
Mn True Invulnerability, and for Cl 1000--that's easy: Phoenix Force.

Cheers,

Niniri, who just so happens to live in....Phoenix, AZ area!

PS: I'm just pulling three things outta my hat. Don't have too much time to
take this kinda thing too seriously! ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 03:09PM by NiniriAZ.
January 07, 2008 09:07PM
You realize that with Class 1000 Hyper Intelligence, you would probably end up killing yourself, since talking to anyone else on the planet would be akin to you trying to have a conversation with a blade of grass....
January 07, 2008 10:33PM
FB:02 Hyper-Speed.

MN:75 Regeneration with 5 Slot Capabilities.

CL:1000 Shape Shifting with all the various power stunts ‘Mastered’

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
January 07, 2008 10:42PM
It is not just Strength that can be focused, as I'm sure you know. Any of my FASERIP stats could be boosted for tremendous effect. On occasion I could use superhuman intelligence, willpower, dexterity, etc. Bottom line is that Focus is a cheap way for human type characters to perform superhuman type actions. Having all Feeble Primary Abilities for a few rounds is not incapacitation and is well worth the opportunity to boost my otherwise human stats. With Feeble rank I would regain 2 Rank Numbers per round. That is 20 points in one minute. After a few minutes I would be able to do it again. My Primary Abilities are also higher that Typical, so my boost would be greater than I suggested in my previous post.

For the other ranks I'll choose the following:

Teleportation: Monstrous rank.

Telekinesis: Class 1000

Just for kicks.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
January 07, 2008 11:22PM
You know, with CL1000 Telekinesis you could actually make primo money working for NASA or private industry lifting stuff into orbit and doing space launches (which jsyk was an industry Anne McCaffrey ended up creating in her Talented novel series, where psionics with Telekinesis actually made great money replacing conventional transportation technology, transporting and moving stuff around and even helped assemble the first space colony for earth and opened space to colonization). At CL1000 rank moving the Hubble Space Telescope around would be a breeze, as well as prove invaluable for disaster relief.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 07, 2008 11:44PM
There are a number of ways you could do that with class 1000... for example, Class 1000 Image Creation could essentially create a working Star Destroyer.
January 08, 2008 12:20AM
I'm thinking that I would rather have Class 1000 Life Support. That way I could survive crazy stuff, which would allow me to see things that humans never get to see. I'd love to go for an afternoon stroll on the Moon, or go for a swim at the bottom of the ocean.

But, then again with the Telekinesis I could teach myself how to fly.

Now that I think about it, almost any Power at Class 1000 rank is going to be awesome. At any rank really, but Class 1000 is crazy cool. Can't wait to start building Power Stunts.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.