PDF Abbreviations?

Posted by Kythri 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
PDF Abbreviations?
January 06, 2008 08:23PM
Dumb question for you all:

I'm collecting some PDFs of the various D&D 3E/3.5 that I own, and was wondering if any of you hip kids knew what the various abbreviations meant.

Obviously, I know what OCR is, but, I'd appreciate it if you could help with the following:

OEF
WE
BM
ACT
HQ

Any ideas?
Re: PDF Abbreviations?
January 07, 2008 12:44AM
OEF is Original Electronic File. That means the file hasn't been scanned or OCR'd and is in its original published state. (The PDF was made and distributed electronically. No paper involved.)

HQ is for High Quality. Generally, this means the entire PDF is in print quality (300dpi or higher.)

I'm not sure about the other ones.

TAG
FNG
January 07, 2008 02:28AM
WE stands for Web Enhancement. All the WOTC books have a free WE section you can download to add to your book. Sometimes these are added to the back of the PDF copy.

you should check out this place - alt.binaries.e-book.rpg

FNG
January 07, 2008 10:34AM
Ah, awesome!

I'll check out that newsgroup.

I'm thinking BM means bookmarked.

So, an OEF of a WotC D&D book is a file likely created/sold by them?
January 07, 2008 01:04PM
Exactly.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.