Darkseids Omega Beams truely Class 1000?

Posted by analyst 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Darkseids Omega Beams truely Class 1000?
January 01, 2008 02:06PM
Hello Friends,

So, here is the question my friends. Is Darkseids Omega Beams really Class 1000 effect. After pouring through various sites, comics, and cartoon episodes I think NOT! There are a multitude of supporting facts for this.
1.First, I would'nt classify Darkseid as a "cosmic entity". That should left for the ranks of the Celestials, Galactus, Odin. I believe people are too free with the Class 1000+ ranks and assign them without understanding what the true impact of it means.
2.His beams had little to no effect on Doomsday. If they were truely Class 1000 it should have stopped Doomsday in his tracks.
3.Superman has survived a direct hit from his beams. This can only occur if the beams are on the order of Shift-Z and not Class 1000.
4.Although Darkseid is a cosmic trhreat he has never displayed power on the level of Odin, Galactus or even the Phoneix.
What say you?
Re: Darkseids Omega Beams truely Class 1000?
January 02, 2008 04:25PM
I partly agree with you I think that Darkseid can vary the Degree of Power of the Omega Effect.He is a Cosmic Being more on the Lower end like a Watcher I would say at a Thanos Level.I consider Thanos a Cosmic Being,Class 1000 has probaley really been used to Liberaly as you Say.Darkseid is a Bad Arse none the Less againist Galactus or Celestials he is puny in Personal Power.However his Science is pretty impressive but I would say the Omega Effect is Class 1000.
January 03, 2008 07:42AM
i would say unearthly...
January 03, 2008 08:46AM
If they were Unearthly, they'd do nothing to Superman.

January 03, 2008 09:42AM
Darkseid has been written to be as powerful as Wonder Woman, or sometimes as powerful as Galactus. This is one thats probably better left to judges discretion.
January 03, 2008 11:20AM
I have to agree Shift Z is a good level of power for Darkseids Omega Beams.
January 03, 2008 12:17PM
First things first.

Darkseid as one of the Macroversal "Fourth World New Gods" *IS* a cosmic entity of sorts in DC comics.

To put it in "Marvel Universe" terms, the Fourth World has about the same correlation to "normal space-time" as "normal space-time" has to the "Microverse." Darkseid is SHRUNK by a boom tube from Apokalips to visit "normal space-time Earth" the same way Hank Pym might shrink himself to visit the sub-atomic worlds of Marvel's Microverse.

Doomsday is immune to Darkseid's Omega Effect because he's been killed by it before (Darkseid did this way in the past, when they first met. The second time they met, Darkseid showed fear because the Omega Beams had no effect)

Superman should be able to withstand two Omega Beam blasts before croaking, if Superman's stats and Darkseid's stats are being faithfully translated from other game systems / comic continuities.

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2008 12:22PM by The Beyonders.
January 03, 2008 04:18PM
The Beyonders Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Superman should be able to withstand two Omega
> Beam blasts before croaking, if Superman's stats
> and Darkseid's stats are being faithfully
> translated from other game systems / comic
> continuities.

Than that's not Class 1000, since TI (your version of TI) can't CS Class 1000+ ranks, and my version of Unearthly TI only protects against 100 of the 1000 damage. Either way, Class 1000 means Supes is toast.

January 03, 2008 05:38PM
Actually my version of Superman's Unearthly TI (which costs an extra power slot per intensity rank blockable over Shift Z) would reduce the damage (shift damage intensity to the left by 10 ranks) from Class 1000 to Good (10 points of damage). It's the other effects of Darkseid's Omega Beam (teleporting molecules away from each other) that hurt Superman (by shifting damage back up to Shift Z).

Omega Effect is powerful, but hard to describe without posting both my write ups f Darkseid and Superman.

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
January 03, 2008 05:39PM
Not necessarily. Something to consider, given the nature of Darkseid's Omega Beams it's possible that they reduce the benefits someone gains from powers like Body Resistance or True Invulnerability. Some powers are of a nature that they actually reduce the benefits one would normally get from powers that would otherwise shield against a similar attack completely. If they ignored all forms of conventional protections against damage he could do Unearthly Damage to anyone unless they had a power of a broad-ranging nature that would specifically cover the unique energies that Darkseid's Omega Beams use.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2008 05:40PM by Nightmask.
January 03, 2008 06:41PM
That's your home brewed version then, no worries. I'm saying under normal circumstances, you cannot CS anything that's Class 1000+. Dat's by the book.

January 03, 2008 08:10PM
I thought the omega beam worked by transporting the target, which Darkseid often used to teleport people to and from Apokolips. I surmise that Darkseid corrupted this effect into a weapon..by teleporting molecules into nothingness (leave them "hanging" if you will). Therefore, they would be deadly to Superman who for some reason, can not refrain from being teleported. Amazingly, though pre-crisis Superman was indestructable, the JLA tube worked on him properly.
January 03, 2008 08:20PM
Hmmmmm, you know, that's an interesting point. He's always going on about how indestructable he is (enough so that Pre-Crisis Satanis if memory serves split Superman in half with his magic while trying to keep his sister from taking Superman for herself because they required Superman's invulnerable body in order to work some magic to grant the one with is body omnipotence) and resistant to energy yet the JLA teleporters are Star Trek style, basically matter-to-energy-to-matter converters so in theory he should have been unable to be teleported using that type of technology.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 03, 2008 09:17PM
Darkseif uses the Omega Beams to teleport things to himself from anywhere in the DC universe or himself anywhere in the DC universe.

An effect of Darkseid's Omega Beam is that anything he destroys (scatters the molecules of, basically) he can reform at will, even years later.

Think of if as being stuck in the pattern buffer of a Star Trek teleporter, but the molecules are widespread throughout the universe rather that stuck in some capacitor-esque containment field.

Superman's invulnerability is just tough enough to resist one "no destination" transporter lock.

-----

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.