Any super hero or comics Christmas gifts?

Posted by Mark 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any super hero or comics Christmas gifts?
December 26, 2007 09:10PM
I had a very super Christmas; a Green Lantern T-Shirt, a Spidey pillow case, Spidey boxers (I use boxers as pajamas) and some misc. super hero notebooks and so on, plus a Superman place mat! All from my sweet wife.

We couldn't spend a lot of money on each other, but I LOVE my stuff because I really had ZERO superhero stuff before.

How'd you make out?

Mark

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
Re: Any super hero or comics Christmas gifts?
December 26, 2007 09:20PM
The Spiderman 3 Mug set from K-Mart from my sister, and the DVD for the movie (widescreen format) and my cheap mother trying to claim my comic purchases last month as my gift for Christmas.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
December 27, 2007 03:06AM
Not much this year.

Table book on Marvel Comics history from Costco.

Set of Spider Man 3 stickers that I only got because my woman thought I would steal the ones she put in my little brothers stocking. Could have happened.

TLD
December 27, 2007 08:14AM
Lots... let's see here...

Ultimates Vol 1 Hardcover to replace mine that got jacked.

Ultimates Vol 2 Hardcover that just came out.

New Avengers 1-12 Harcover.

Lost Girls Hardcover collection by Alan Moore.

JLU Green Lantern bench warmers 3 figure pack.

Michael Myers action figure from Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Walking Dead Poster.

December 27, 2007 10:10AM
I got a lot of swag for Christmas... but only one comics related item: a Marvel Digital Subscription. We'll see how that works out, but it should be pretty cool. :)

December 27, 2007 02:57PM
Well, I didn't get anything comic-wise, but here's the list:

1. Ratchet and Clank for PS3
2. Blu-Ray remote for PS3
3. Carrying case for PS3 (From my father-in-law since I take my PS3 over there to watch Blu-Rays on his HDTV)
4. Super Mario Galaxy for Wii (Mario is my version of crack.)
5. 2 Gig USB Drive to keep all my Project files in order.
6. Toiletries and cologne
7. Cash
8. Gift certificate to Amazon (already spent on Disney Treasure Sets and Blu-Rays)

I made out like a bandit. :D

TAG
December 27, 2007 04:50PM
Punstarr,

Do let us know how that subscription works out. I've been thinking about doing that myself as of late.

TLD
December 28, 2007 07:59PM
Got the Puck statue from Bowen from my lovely wiffy. I'm a big time (Byrne-run ONLY) Alpha Flight guy and so far have a complete collection of Canada's finest!!! :D
December 29, 2007 02:13PM
I got a Captain America Bank !!!
December 29, 2007 03:54PM
Well, I recieved the following;

1. "Commercial Series Char-Broil" Stainless Steel BBQ Grill.
2. A BBQ Grill Cover.
3. Propane for the Grill.
4. BBQ Grill utensil's.
5. 5 Drawer Rolling Tool Storage Combo (A Big Red Tool Box on wheels).
6. The ColdHeat Soldering Tool. Now I can continue with my pewter figurines hobby.
7. Beautiful Potery from our room mate.
8. 300+ Cash.
9. $100 Home Depot Gift Card.
10. Two matching Picture Frames from one of my fellow gamers.
11. Yin-n-Yang China decore for our living room.

I'm thinking Santa needs to stop outsourcing to inlaws. These were nothing like what I wanted on my wish list. Except for the ColdHeat Soldering Tool.

I just wanted a new Dest Top Computer with some software.

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2007 03:58PM by RAGNARoK.
January 01, 2008 08:02PM
my sister sent the following for my fiance and I. Spider-man (post 3) Monopoly, Marvel Heroscape, and both the Marvel and DC encyclopedias. I'd have to grab them to tell you where they are from. They are HUGE though. And while not exactly comic book related I feel I must mention my lovely betrothed bought me the StarWars Vader edition PSP

congrats on the GLtshirt. I've had one for years but havent been able to wear it for awhile. One of my resolutions is to be able to wear it comfortably. Heh
I got it and my flash tshirt about the same time. I wore the flash tshirt one year for halloween and went not as the flash, but as "the definition of irony" (fat guy in a flash tshirt)

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
A third less filling, Green Lantern Lite!"
January 03, 2008 06:39PM
Mrs. Surge and I got the entire Buffy DVD collection. Does that count?

January 03, 2008 10:48PM
A couple of Dvds (Avengers 1 & 2, Dr Strange, Daredevil, Elektra)

A lapdance from a female friend of mine who is a dancer (In a WW Costume)
January 04, 2008 11:02PM
Yes, Surge, that counts.

Congrats on the Wonder Woman lap dance; she should have put you in a Batman Costume first. Oh well, maybe for your birthday...

Thanks, Swirler. I love it; it's my first Superhero T-Shirt. I especially like it because it's just the symbol, no explanation. I like subtle. So I'd like the flash shirt with just the a red shirt and the (small) yellow bolt. Or the Capt. Marvel shirt (somewhat similiar) or a blue Captain America shirt that is very, very subtle.

For example, I don't like the T-Shirts that have a picture of Tobey McGuire's face with the words SPIDER MAN! blasted across the shirt. Or a picture of even Spidey's face on the front of the shirt. I want a shirt reminiscent of the costume, not the character. Have I explained that correctly?

Thanks for the nice stuff, little wife.

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
DUPLICATE POST
January 04, 2008 11:05PM
DUPLICATE POST. SORRY. NOTHING NEW TO READ HERE. EXCEPT FOR THIS DISCLAIMER ABOUT THIS BEING A DUPLICATE POST.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2008 11:09PM by Mark.
January 05, 2008 02:18AM
YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT...you win. I'm not quite sure what trumps a lapdance from a gal in a Wonder Woman outfit....

The Rook
(is putting the "lapdance from a girl in a Rachel Summers/Phoenix outfit" on the 'ole list for next year!)
Super Lap Dance Fantasies?
January 06, 2008 03:15PM
Oh, you may have awoken a sleeping giant, here. If we follow this thread to its natural conclusion, it could be as big and ubiquitious as the Boob thread. Are we ready to go there?

P.S. TIGRA!!!

January 06, 2008 09:49PM
Nope..Dont need another boob thread. I am sorry I mentioned it, and I will not mention anything else that has happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2008 09:50PM by YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT.
January 08, 2008 10:02PM
You mean, has happened with the dancer in the Wonder Woman costume? Dude. You should mention it. Because she was in a WW costume, that counts as being Super Hero Related information.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.